Revis signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Aug 15, 2007.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

In all fairness to Johnny, Revis is pronounced by the media as REAVIS, which sounds alot like Beavis, which is probably where he picked up the EA from.

Right, Johnny?

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Have him and Kendall room together on the road and have the coaches call them Reavis and Butthead.

3. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

It's a 6 year deal if he's a bust because he wouldn't opt out. Of course we could still cut him. If he thinks he can make more than whatever the numbers call for in year 5 and 6, he'll opt out and force us to resign him at a minimum of $14 for those two years. We'd probably just rework a whole new long term deal if that were to happen.

Got to give the player some of the blame for the hold out. The agent works for him. He could of said to the agent to get him in.

Most of the pic are of him returning kicks, which is what I expect to see him do tomorrow and yes, I expect to see him play some CB in the 2nd half.

Anybody keeping track of who thought Tanny should of given in to the 5 year demand by Revis and $1 mill raise by Kendall, who now are praising Tanny for standing firm? It's funny how the tone of so many posters flip so quickly! :)

4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

how does that even make any sense to you? right now you're insulting tannenbaum

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The option to excercise the final two years is not up to Revis, it is up to the Jets.

6. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

First off, if you are going to quote me, AT LEAST quote a whole sentence. Better yet, quote the whole paragraph. Don't quote part of a sentence then add your own punctuation to my quote. That potentially changes the meaning of what I said.

Second, how am I insulting anyone? The deal is a 6 year deal with an option for Revis to opt out after 4 years, if he meets certain playing time goals. Assuming he reaches those goals and has the option, but is playing at a level below what his salary calls for in year 5 and 6, why would Revis excercise the option? He wouldn't. Therefore it's a six year deal if he's a bust. And I REPEAT, the Jets still have the option to cut him, or ask him to take a pay cut.

7. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Tru dat. We aren't technically forced to keep him at the 7+ mill per year price. We could let him walk, but I was just saying if he was that good... we'd probably pay to keep him. THe next sentence did state that we'd probably rework a brand new long term deal....

EDIT: to clarify, Revis has the option to void the final two years of this 6 year deal. If he chooses to do so, the Jets then have the option to keep him for those final two years (years 5 and 6) at a minimum of 14+ million. We'd probably rework a new deal at that point.

#167 Sinjz, Aug 16, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yep. (filler)

9. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

10. patsox23

patsox23 Member

Congrats from a Pats fan on getting this done, albeit for pretty big money. I was hoping he'd hold out longer, but this should be plenty of time for a talent like him to get ready for opening day.

Randy Moss awaits... ;)

11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The hit the nail on the head KOZ.

12. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Hey, DaBawlHawk, thank God that training camp can start once again now that the savior Revis is in camp!

13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

who's "DaBawlHawk"? :lol:

and when exactly did i say that we will win the superbowl with revis in the lineup and without him we will go 0-16?

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I always see it as 'DaBallSack'.