Revis signed!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Aug 15, 2007.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Basically, if he's a bust, it's a 6 year deal. If he meets his incentives, it's a 4 year deal, at which point, he's a FA and will most likely sign an extension/new contract. The only hitch is that he's not a true FA, because we have the ultimate right to keep him at $7mil per year for years 5 & 6. He'll still be able to shop around, and determine his market value before agreeing to a long term extension with us. My guess will be that he'll never see that $7mil per year, but rather that $14mil will be the signing bonus on a longer deal.

Like Keyshawn said when he was asked about the Revis holdout... It doesn't matter if it's a 4,5 or 6 year deal, because if you're good you'll be locked up on a new long-term deal before you ever see the last couple of years.

2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

that doesn't make much sense. why would we want to keep him for 6yrs if he turns to be a bust?

it's the oppostite. his contract will void after 4 years, easily. it's just that if we feel he's a top corner we will have the ability to keep him here for 2 more years.

from PFT:

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Is it just me or does Revis resemble a younger Mo Lewis?

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

What's with the earrings? In fact, what IS it with guys and the diamond stud earrings? They DO realize they look like chicks, don't they.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's a sign that the go both ways.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

\

Yeah those earings look like shit!

(covers up 2 earing holes on his own left ear where hoop and cz stud used to sit)

7. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Was there ever any doubt

As predicted Revis signed on Wed 8/15 to a 6 year deal. MT had the White Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake for dessert at Cheesecake factory after finalizing the deal with Revis reps.

For my next prediction ...

Pete Kendall will be remaining with the team and will be starting week #1. The two sides will not kiss and make up, but the Jets hold the cards in this one and thats that.

Nevermind thats too easy, heres a better one ...

Kimo will be cut before the end of camp and Wadsworth will sign.

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

imagine if he wore crocs too..:rolleyes:

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Hopefully the receivers are going the same way. :)

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

For what he just got, he can wear the whole alligator.

11. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

You keep spelling his name wrong. At first I thought it was an innocent mistake, are you even a Jets fan> Are you handicapped? Please explain because I sure wouldn't want you jumping on the bandwagon when he starts making picks, when you were so anal after his signing.

And to all those out there: It is mostly up to his agent to negotiate the contract, people need to stop holding the unsigned players responsible, It is not a Kendall situation.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Just curious but does his signing put an end to the silly notion that the Kendall situation was affecting the negotiations with Revis?

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That's what I don't get either. Why did this take so long to figure out?

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

True, but you can get injured with the scrubs, too. I really think it is best to let him sit the Viking game out and be working him hard in practice in order to get him up to speed.

While you can get injured in practice, too, it seems to not happen as much because it is a controlled environment - drills, some light to moderate contact at times, etc. In a game there is nothing controlled.

15. DaBallhawk

he's not in football shape, there is really no need to plug him in there against the vikings so he can get like 5 snaps in the 4th quarter against some practice squad receivers. we're gonna be in deep trouble if the kid pulls a hammy while trying to cover a wideout deep downfield

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

For the heck of it, I took a look at www.newyorkjets.com and in the upper left corner there is about 25 photos of Revis in practice today.

17. DaBallhawk

are you sure? the only pics i can see right now are the ones from mini camp

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

^^^I guess I am not sure since I didn't see the minicamp photos

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's strange for a D-back to have a ball in his hands in every picture?

20. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by johnny
    With all of the jack that Reavis is getting he can just slide a cool mil over to Kendall and everyone will be happy :).

Boy you sure are living up to your "Angry" namesake aren't you? So what are you the spelling police? I think I've had all of two "Revis" posts where I mispelled his name. I didn't know that correctly spelling a person's name that hasn't even played a down for the Jets is prerequisite for being a fan.

The post you quoted was a joke. Hence the ":)" smile. In another post I mentioned that Revis was well within his right for standing firm as were the Jets. Therefore, I don't even no where the "anal" reference comes from. Please explain.