Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fitz didn't lose the game at all for us but this is exactly why many of us didn't want him

If our QB can't ever step up and win the game for you against a good defense/team that is also making plays then see if the next guy can

Anyone can "manage" the game when everything's going right and the defense is forcing turnovers every other possession

Some of his passes today were brutal and if we ever need to go down the field kinda quick just forget about it

2. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

It's only week one and Fitzgarbage is just cashing in those checks. Paying a guy 12 million bucks to go 19-35 for 189 yards 2 TDs and the game ending pick smh. Today was a game the JETS should have won if the special teams didn't leave 4 points off the board. The Defense got 7 sacks and 1 interception and only gave up 23 points. I'm still hoping the JETS are at least 3-3 over this tough early schedule or this will definitely be Fitzgarbage's last year in green and white if the JETS are not in the playoffs at the end of the year.

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

ST's played very well today.. Don't blame the unit, blame the kicker.. Folk owns this defeat.

wampa likes this.
  4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Fitz last 4 drives to win the game all ended up in ints

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Fitz was Fitz. Pretty much what I expected.

Special teams found a way to fuck us again.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I posted in the Bowles thread going for the FG at that point was a disaster. Coaching is certainly on the hook for this loss as well. But, just like Folk, that doesn't negate Fitz's play.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No one is saying we lost the game because of Fitzpatrick. It's a team effort and there's a number of people to blame (Bowles, soft defense end of game, Fitz, WR's drops, Folk). But by himself, he's clearly not ready for the season and we knew that based on the pre-season. He skipped training camp and the lack of chemistry between him and the receivers today showed it. He missed some very open throws, including Decker in the endzone (Yes, Decker got shoved off route but Fitzpatrick wasn't pressured and didn't adjust his throw for it. It wouldn't have been a hard throw.). He was awful against Washington. Except for an amazing catch by Decker, he was awful against the Giants.

Hoped he really enjoyed his time golfing instead of getting ready for a season of football because today's game made it really obvious where his priorities are.

PulseJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

It may be extreme to "blame" Fitz, but the fact is he is not going to win any games for you.
    You may win some because of other factors and he he doesn't blow it.

rammagen likes this.
  9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't blame Fitz for this , Marshall sealed our fate with that drop .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

No what sealed our fate was after the drop, Fitzpatrick threw it to the opposite team, and that ended the game, on defense our secondary led by Mevi$ blows.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

All contributing factors , yes, but like another poster said , Marshall catches that ball we have 3 downs to get 15 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was so angry I could not see straight after the game. Here is what I saw that cost us the game in order
    1- Kicking - We let crucial points get away, and was a moment killer.
    2- QB and WR play was dreadful except for Enunwa. OL was damned solid but Fitz is not scaring anyone, The long pass is non existent, too many passes off the mark, WRs not open or making dumb errors, drop, offensive interference.
    3- Revis is no longer the Revis of all by far. He can not keep up in single coverage against the top players. Today that cost us plenty in field position.
    5- We are unable to capitalize the benefits of a superb defensive line and a much improved LB play. Fitz can not open the field and limits our offensive weapons. We can stay competitive but will not go far with him at the helm. The CS is limited on what they can do with Fitz.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Did Marshall make a lot of shitty throws, like completely missing an open Decker in the endzone?

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think TB and Chan will stand by Fitz until the end becomes inevitable as you don't settle a hold out and then bench the guy you just paid millions of dollars to. It really doesn't matter how bad Fitz plays as his contract makes him bulletproof. Most people on here thought we were fucked without Fitz. Nobody gave a lot of though to the fact that we just might be fucked with him too..So much for career years happening late..

Acad23, Freddy Mondo and LAJet like this.
  15. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Fitz is a game manager who turns the ball over (exactly what a game manager can't do)...

With that, I was a lot more disappointed with the defense -
    Sure they got some sacks, but once again whenever it was 3rd and long, just like last year, they can't get off the field.

The secondary is slow footed and the corners were playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage, if that's the case, it's going to be frustrating watching this team get dinked and dunked all year with WR screens. They had no answer for it today and it's like 90% of the Pats offense (regardless of who the qb is).

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+1000

I posted my concern bout Fitz pregame how he lost out on OTAs and post is spot on that he didn't practice enough

FO putzed his signing as it should have been sooner and 12 million is not 20 per here

Ive defended Fitz all along but he has got to prove he was worth that money

I think he will gradually get better..I hope

We go 3-3 this 6 game stretch and I will be gratefull

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Say hello to my little friend.

101GangGreen101 and zace like this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The ball floats just like that lol

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Red Menace likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We lose a game by 1 point where the kicker leaves 4 on the field. If Geno was the QB and we lost be 8 it would be the defenses fault.

You're such a homo.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

says the guy who wants geno. yea, ok.

FlaJet likes this.