Resigning Fitzpatrick was a major mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Greenday4537, Sep 11, 2016.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Are you seriously comparing Fitz to a future hall of famer? Good god man. Epic fail....

2. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

No, I'm just saying a) everybody has a bad game, and b) KC is really a tough place to play.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Cowboys have a QB that never heard about the sport called football until a couple of weeks ago. They handed him the ball and they said: "throw it" and HE'S doing better than Fitzpatrick!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This part is idiotic because Dak Prescott has been playing football since his childhood.

This part is correct, although Prescott is the dream QB for probably 26 teams in the NFL.

5. BuzzKillington

Geno never beat out anyone.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Haha I stopped by just to see this thread. Yikes. What a game.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

We have everything here on this team in place to make the playoffs and the QB play is holding this team back.....With a solid QB we would be 3-0 right now

I don't know why people feel the need to stick up for this bum so much....Maybe you think Geno or Petty would be even worse but why would you not want to find out? Seriously, what do we have to lose? We are about to be in a big hole looking at our next few games and everyone knows it

You even admit that Fitz won't change the fact that we could be any better than 9-7.....in that case, what is the damn point of throwing a QB out there with no future? Might as well at the very least let a young QB get some experience

Red Menace likes this.
  8. The Dark Knight

Fitzpatrick is a good QB. He is smart and capable. He can't be trusted on any given Sunday though. He could play like he did Week 17 in Buffalo or he could play like he did last week in Buffalo. Or anywhere in between. Today was atrocious. He should have been benched because he looked lost out there.

9. King Koopa

In what world is Fitz a good QB?

We are not being honest with ourselves.....No "good QB" would linger around as a free agent like he did this past off-season

He is a bottom 5 starter in the NFL....

Red Menace and Martin&theJETS like this.
  10. BuzzKillington

That's not how professional GMs and coaches think. They have to try to put a competitive product on the field.

They've seen Geno Smith play and know that any team with him at QB will be uncompetitive.

Unfortunately, we're stuck with Fitzy for this season.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If only he didn't underthrow Marshall on that sideline pass he would have gone all the way as he had a step ... but of course he underthrew the ball ... in other news can soemone please remeind me when was the last time we ran a TO back for a TD was it this century !?! it seems to happen to us once a month

richieC likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

Fitz is who he is. Smart fans have come to accept this. He will have games like this (not 6 INT bad but still) He will also have good performances. You hope more bad than good and sneak into the playoffs.

13. King Koopa

A few more of these performances and they will have no choice

I'd much rather lose with a young guy playing like complete trash at QB than a never-was

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  14. King Koopa

"Smart fans" have realized a long time ago that this dude is a loser as a starting QB in the NFL....Worst QB ever if you need a comeback

If we're good enough around Fitz that we can defy the odds and sneak in my point is we could also do it with someone else under center too and probably be better off

Red Menace and Martin&theJETS like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Smart fans?

Do smart fans really expect to sneak into the playoffs when their team loses to the two teams expected to contend for WC spots in the first 3 weeks of the season?

I know who Fitz is and I've been saying it for a while. He's a backup QB who can temporarily elevate with great receivers.

A QB like Fitz doesn't fool smart fans. He may break Jets QB records, but that's more of an indictment on how terrible this team has been over the years than it is evidence of his ability.

16. BuzzKillington

I understand that you'd rather lose with Geno or Petty.

But, again, that's not how people who actually have successful careers in professional sports think.

My biggest worry right now is that Bum Kurt Cousins will play just well enough for some idiot team to give him 5 years of starting QB money, and that that idiot team will be us.

17. King Koopa

I'd rather atleast see how they look with a very good team around them because I was never a Fitz believer

People in sports are way too conservative in general....rather die a safe death, rather play "not to lose"

We won't see Fitz benched until it would be too late but I'm just venting

Agree on Cousins....

18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

so you want Geno or Petty to start?

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

felt Fitz was throwing to guys today whether they were open or not.
    he wasn't going thru progressions, poor game for sure..

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What is he capable of? Capable of getting a winning record but never making the playoffs is my assumption.