Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Bringing down the quality of the message board? Watching posters come on here and fight with JStokes is one of the best things about this board. Topic doesn't matter, which of them is right doesn't matter.
    I don't know if Stokes is entertaining, or if he just attracts entertaining antagonists.....

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Maybe he just wants attention?

3. GTA_G20

GTA_G20 Member

I'm not sure what the panic is. There isn't many of any other teams looking for a QB of his age to be a starter. Let alone a back up to receiver starter money. He had a great season this year. His previous seasons weren't great. We will resign him. Hopefully we don't over pay for an aging QB with 1 great season on his resume

TwoHeadedMonster and westiedog1 like this.
  4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Let's be clear that RF didn't only have one good season on his resume. Until he got hurt in 14 he was having a good year with a team that did very poorly without him.

And I don't know about panic, but since all indications are the organization wants him back, you have to wonder why wait to sign him. Is it because they are apart on money? Maybe the Jets are not totally committed to him?

The longer it goes on, you have to wonder.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I believe they'll deal with Fitz in an appropriate manner.

Wilk is the question mark...

6. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

One week vacation

7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Don't they have to wait until March 9th, or can they reach a deal ahead of time but not sign it until then?

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We have no idea what's going on at this point. It's not just Fitzpatrick involved, it's also his agent and at his age the agent might well be suggesting waiting until the free tampering weekend just so he can gauge what's out there in terms of a market. There's also the other QB's that have not re-signed yet. If you're Fitzpatrick's agent it is malpractice to suggest to your 33 year old client that a low-ball offer is worth signing before you've looked at the market.

My gut tells me that Fitzpatrick will be back but it's kind of churny today because I went off my low chol diet last night and had a chicken parm sub smothered in aleppo pepper. Bad me. I hope my cholesterol is still in triple digits.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As opposed to quadruple digits?

I agree with your point, but it doesn't make me feel good. Someone else could set the market at a number that is more than the Jets will want to sign. It's no sure thing at this point that SMith for example is not going to be the Jets starter in 16.

Now that I've scared the shit out of myself, I will also say I expect him to be back.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

First, eat what you want unless you're hoping to be the healthiest guy in the cemetery.
    Second, i think we can expect a signing after this weekend. Lot of these things get sorted out at the combine, the illegal but still happening tampering period.

11. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

There was a study published last year that said cholesterol content in food is immaterial. They may be right so just enjoy

Br4d likes this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Indeed, its more genetics then anything else.... That sub sounded great I'll be heading out to a pizza place later :)

Br4d likes this.
  13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What be happen?

_

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Chick parm on the house.

Try and keep up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Probs be ordered.

_

16. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

He played well in the Raider... WHAT? Are you fucking blind or is it that you don't know anything about football?

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Here's my guess.

2 year 25M with 15 guaranteed.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So Ben, would you like it as a Dolphins fan if we signed him to that contract?

19. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I think he's a good QB now. He fits what your OC schemes best.

I think he will get paid more than 10 per...

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The body produces cholesterol if you don't ingest things that have cholesterol. The problem is that if you ingest a lot of cholesterol producing things you will raise your cholesterol to very high levels and increase the chances of stroke, heart disease and heart attacks in general.

In this case I have an unhealthy affinity for things like cheese and bacon, which I think improve virtually any food. I'd put a popsicle stick into a frozen veal patty and make a vealsicle if I could figure out how to get wood into frozen meat (and no I never worked in a morgue or contemplated such.) So I am very capable of putting myself over that threshold of "waaaaaay too much cholesterol man, gotta get that down". When I was 25 or 30 it was a "so what? the dude will abide" thing, but at 55 that's not the deal any more. So I carefully pick my chicken parm and Denny's indulgences at this point.

Gotta keep the cholesterol in the range where I'm not guaranteed to stroke out at some point or have a heart attack, like so many men in their mid 50's.

BacktoQueens and Ben Had like this.