Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Really.

Hahahaaaaa thanks for the laughs Genobot.

_

2. elgoman

elgoman Active Member

I'm going to chop your condescension to Fitzroid ignorance and leave it at that. One prediction for you: Fitz will be traded or released from this team too. Look forward to it, drone.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We already know what Geno has and it's shit. No one ever said Fitz is a franchise QB - well, except maybe some retarded Bills fans.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  4. elgoman

elgoman Active Member

He played well in the Raiders' game, so I don't think the coaching staff is ready to say he's shit. We'll see though. That said, since Fitz is not a franchise QB, he can walk and we should put his money towards Wilkerson. That's a more efficient use for the money versus investing in a weak-arm spot starter. I'd rather play Petty than Fitz.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He played well in the Raiders game? I don't recall that being the case.

PabloJa and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  6. JStokes

Everybody gets cut, released, traded or retires.

Hall of Famers.

Look forward to it, drone.

_

7. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

It's funny but pretty much true. I think Fitz wants to stay 100% but if there's one thing that can change that it's money. I just don't think he wants to be on another team with new coaches and new players. I think he knows this is his last go and he's in the perfect situation already so why would he leave other then money.

The coaches want him back, the players want him back and the front office want him back. I don't see him going to another team and I would put a lot of money on that if I could make that bet

westiedog1 likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If the Jets managed to win both Bills games instead of lose both they would have been the #1 seed in the AFC this year. We weren't that far off.

9. JStokes

I have never been a proponent of PLANNING your long time successes around a game manager but we are where we are and I think (i) he's better than just a game manager, (ii) he had pretty much an incredible year after being put in this position in the first time of his career and (iii) with a few tweaks in our LB corp, shoring up on the right side of the line and finding a fucking punter--this team can go deep into the playoffs and could compete for a SB.

_

10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

He played good but did make a few mistakes.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He cost us any chance at mounting a come back taking 2 horrible sacks and threw a bad pick at the beginning of the game where you guessed it he stared down his receiver in the flats.

If he doesn't make those horrible game management mistakes down the stretch he might walk away from that game with a chance at starting another. Instead he left the game proving his football incompetence. He completed some balls down the field but he did play against the leagues worst secondary and pass defense. Take it for what you will.

12. JStokes

But what did Fitz did game Buffalo did but yeah.

_

Jets69 likes this.
  13. JStokes

This post is like when parents finally have to tell their kid that Santa isn't real.

But in this case the kid is a 40 year old illiterate fucktard.

_

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

A back up with 2 extra million in my bank acct

15. Geno007

You mean like Fitz stared down WR in Buffalo game and got picked in the endzone? That the Jets was in FG range to take the lead? Then next time Jets get the ball he throws another pick? Then another pick next time Jets get the ball. The bottom line when it was money time Fitz choked. But let's look at Geno for a game he came off the bench and the D couldn't stop the Raiders all game. Yeah I see why it Geno fault but the bills game wasn't Fitz fault.

tbruner12 and Footballgod214 like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We're not talking about Fitzpatrick. We're talking about Geno Smith and how he has clearly proven he is not an NFL starting quarterback. If he was so legendary against Oakland why did the coaches bench him for a guy who was days away from thumb surgery on his throwing hand?

You're going to realize this when he's out of the league in by my estimations about two or three years. If he hangs around the league he's not going to be given another chance. Quarterbacks that suck early on in their career, and in his case drafted way higher than most of the league thought he was worth, don't get another chance in anything other than spot duty as a backup when the starter for whatever team he ends up on gets hurt.

He's as good of an NFL quarterback as your grammar is.

17. JStokes

When it be money time Fitz Buffalo game what funny peoples said it all year but not all year it be two years ago but he no pass locked why not throw not playoff still.

_

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That sounds racist.

It not fair.

Tebow not be gettin a fair chance to. Let start Geeno an be put Tebow at back up

19. Geno007

I'm talking about Fitz. The hate for Geno on here is so fucking stupid. This just show you how dumb most of you are when it comes to football. Let's be real here Fitz hasnt done shit in the NFL. Hell he never been in the playoffs and that Bills games showed you why. I'm never said Geno is the answer but he has a lot more upside then Fitz does or ever had. Yes Fitz had a career year. So fucking what. When the playoffs where on the line what did he do? He fucking sucked. I really don't give a shit who at QB,RB,WR so on and so on. I just want the Jets to win and I'm sorry you Fitz lovers but he proven he not a winner. Now I'm not saying Geno is a winner and he the answer but damn he only started 2 seasons with both teams where shit.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk