Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

It should be Mo for Kap and SF's 2nd.

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

i dont think its lowball at all. in fact, id be a bit upset giving fitz 8 million a year. id offer 5-7 at the very most and tell him to take it or leave it.

fitz was good least season, but he isnt a very good player, he is in the bottom third tier of starters in the NFL and arguably a good backup not a good starter

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Bu should the credit go to Fitz or Gailey?

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The credit goes to everyone. Fitz played his part. Marshall and his weapons played a part. Gailey calling the plays played a part. It all worked well together.

5. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

being better then scrubby jet QBS of the past decade like geno and sanchez doesnt say much. and while fitz had a good season comapred to those guys, he still was average at best among NFL qbs, made his share of mistakes, and was pretty inconsistent.

you can also argue the talent around him was responsible for carrying him quite a bit.

i lvoe fitz, gritty, tough, played well. but im not overpaying him for that. not when he is easily replaceable and we have such a low ceiling with him. the bills made that mistake. we made that mistake with sanchez. if mac makes that mistake, id be pretty pissed

6. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Playing FOR a contract and playing WITH a contract can more often than not produce entirely different results...

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Eff the agents. They, and not money, are the root of all evil! lol

8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I don't believe Denver will pay Fitz the type of money he wants..... If Elway wanted to spend that much, he would have thrown in at Brock..... Not fitz

9. NCJetsfan

And SF would be laughing their asses off about how they raped the Jets. No thanks! Mo for Kap and their 2nd is more like it!

10. KingRoach

technically it's "the love of money is the root of all evil"
    I believe it should be "the love of religion is the root of all evil"
    How many wars have been.... Oops wrong forum

11. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Mo for Kap and their 1st round pick is more like it, lol.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I would still hate that trade even if that happened. Haha.

13. NCJetsfan

I agree that Fitz makes the most sense under these circumstances, but disagree that drafting a QB isn't an option with this veteran roster.

This isn't a "win now" team. GMs in "win now" mode draft out of need, not BPA as Mac did last year.

IMO it's more a matter of there are no sure fire bet QBs in this draft, and even if there were, with Cleveland drafting #2 and in desperate need of a QB, Dallas drafting #4 and quite likely looking for a Tony Romo's heir apparent, and the Niners drafting #7 and needing a QB since they don't seem to like Kaepernick, the Jets chances of being able to draft a QB are slim and none. Even if they could trade up, it would cost at least 2-3x what it normally would, and quite likely more. Actually, also there's no better team to surround a rookie QB with than a veteran team. The problem is that even though the Jets are a nice mix of younger players and veterans, our WRs and RBs would be perfect for a rookie QB, but our OL is shaky at best, and not one you'd want to put a rookie QB behind.

14. tubby

tubby Active Member

Fuck, just watched Fitzpatrick sound fx on NFLN and damn.... that's my QB man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

And if we won a super bowl, we'd be the ones laughing in the end

16. angryjetsfan

Wow, why are you guys so happy with a bottom ten qb?

17. angryjetsfan

I honestly don't see why you guys want to pay a trashbin journeyman 12 mil+ because you like his personality and shit

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Or a 1st round pick swap.

But If they trade Mo, now, after losing Harrison, I will be pretty disappointed and the defensive front will be taking a big hit. That's a lot to give up for a guy that isn't a sure thing.

19. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree. QB prices were totally stupid before this FA period with no middle range for QBs. They have become totally freaking insane with this FA period. Anyone that would think badly of Mac for refusing to pay Fitz $15 million a year is a moron imo. They're entitled to their opinion, of course, no matter how ignorant.

Mac can't pay Fitz what he doesn't have, and he shouldn't have to hurt the rest of the team or be prevented from improving the team to sign said journeyman QB who is just as likely to revert to form as he is have another excellent season regardless of how many weapons we have. With what is likely a tougher schedule against tougher defenses, unless our OL gets upgraded, and we get a pass rusher, anyone that thinks this is a guaranteed playoff team is delusional. Some of you just don't deal with reality and have all kind of wild ideas, that more than likely, would only serve to undermine the work that Mac is doing, delay the team getting to where we ALL want it to be, and possibly lead to yet another regime change and start over.

20. KingRoach

I think the general board cap is 7-11. I don't think (m)any think he's worth 12+