Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He's a businessman. He whores his name out to anybody that will pay a licensing fee. A fair percentage of those ventures are dogshit to begin with and fail. Some are actually good and they succeed.

Has nothing to do with his business acumen in either case. If he hadn't been born rich he'd be giving blowjobs on the street to pay for crack.

2. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Woo page 100!

Red Menace likes this.
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

lol. the guy is a billionaire. I wish I could be so bad of a businessman.

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

he got a 1 million dollar loan from his dad and part of inheritance. if you're half smart, you can make a lot of money when you get this kind of a head start

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Which is why so many lottery winners, and athletes are now billionaires. Easy peasy.

Bellows1 likes this.
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Since you Ladies of The View would rather go full-blown Joy Behar with your sniveling and political whining instead of discussing the Jets' QB/Fitz situation, then maybe you wouldn't mind taking your tampon-wringing to the "Republican/Democratic Nomination" threads where it's in full bloom. Thx.

Noto, jmo but I'd think you'd be the the last one to indulge these thread hijacking hens.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know but not enough to not still make him a millionaire.

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

No thanks not into politics. There all full of shit.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I prefer the talk thank you

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't argue with any NFL player who had made a lot of money hanging his spikes up at the end of any season. The health risks down the road are documented. They still haven't done a good study of what it means to play past 5 seasons. That's the missing element at this point. How much of the damage is a sunk cost by that point and how much is yet to come for the typical player? What's the difference between heavy contact on every play and just taking a hit now and then?

11. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

That's a fair assessment. I'd expect something to happen before the draft but it doesn't seem like anything really in the next few days/weeks.

12. Dierking

Don't sell yourself short, judge. Your a tremendous slouch.

13. Dierking

How many of those people have Fred Trump holding their hand and bailing them out when they fuck up?

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

In his case every 365 days ...

15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Get over yourself, jackass, and while you're at, shove a tampon up your ass!! A couple of posts doesn't constitute thread hijacking. Besides...this topic has been beaten to death.

16. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

This is not really an accurate statement. The jets dont get to decide what fitz is worth. At 7-9 mil fitz would be the one of lowest paid starting qbs in the league not on a rookie contract. Chase daniels just signed for 7 mil year as a backup. Rg3 who is a dumpster fire just got 5. The jets can certainly say they only want to pay him 7-9 mil but they are delusional if they think they will get him for that. Especially since they signed him to a 3.5 one year deal last year. Could have signed him to a two year deal and they wouldnt have this problem. Fitz will get 12-14 mil a year to play next year somewhere. Cause he is worth that much given what qbs make. If the jets want to see what happens if they dont pay him amd play geno well we will see how it goes. My guess if they do this.. Same old jets.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Funny you say that considering no one has stepped up and offered Fitz that type of contract. Fitz is running out of options.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're entitled to your opinion. Obviously, I totally disagree. IMO it is TOTALLY accurate. No one's gonna pay Fitz that kind of money. Jumping from $3.5 million to $7-$9 million is a HUGE raise. Beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. Even though he set some Jets records, that's more an indictment of how sorry Jets QBs have been historically. Look at his stats. They aren't good. Based on Fitz' past performance, Mac was smart NOT to sign him to a two-year contract. Fitz had never had two decent, much less good years in a row. The last time Fitz got a big raise, he totally shit the bed. Just because other GMs and others are morons doesn't mean that Mac should be as well. Your logic is an epic fail.

#1998 NCJetsfan, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Teams have already allotted their cap money to big money players. I highly doubt Fitzpatrick can make $12-14 million just on that statement alone. The only possibility is Kaep traded to Denver. That takes cap money off of the 49ers books, they already have space, and could completely overpay for Fitz if they wanted. Not a smart move though.

20. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Dubya went on to Harvard Business School as well. He is the only President to have earned an M.B.A. (okay maybe not earned, but he has one).