Replacement Referees

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HAYN, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I was enjoying the chaos of the replacement refs, and thought it was a bit overblown. After all, the regular refs make shit calls all the time. Especially on PI.

The end of that Packers/Seahawks game was absolute horseshit.

The last play was just god awful, from the push off, to the defender getting the clear possession first, to the no conversation differing calls on the field, to the coupe de grace of the replay officials "lets get out of here alive" blown call.

They're going to get the real refs back to blow calls now, right? I never remember them being as bad as that last GB/SEA play.

#81 Organized Chaos, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

[​IMG]

Best photo ever.

3. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

I wonder... if the National Football League Referee's are given yellow flags, :eek:hmy: like umpires throw out new baseball's in a MLB game, I wonder. Suspect referee's are going to need cases and cases of yellow flags before this season is over. Pallets loads for the playoff's and a boat load for the Super Yellow Flag Bowl. :rofl2:

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Wisconsin is going nuts.

5. Organized Chaos

The Lingerie Football League Announces That It Fired “A Couple Crews Which Apparently Are Now Officiating In The NFL” Because Of Incompetence

http://deadspin.com/5946112/the-lin...fficiating-in-the-nfl-because-of-incompetence

After the Hall of Fame game in August, Mike Pereira let it slip that Craig Ochoa, the referee who worked that game, had been fired from the Lingerie Football League. The Lingerie Football League—which recently uprooted itself from its US host cities to barnstorm in Canada, the United States, and Australia over the next year—didn't respond to our request for comment on Pereira's charge then.

But now they have, and, boy, oh boy, this is great:

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games.

If there was ever a reason for a public statement from a third-tier football league at 12:28 a.m. on a Tuesday, tonight's debacle was it. And, yup, Roger Goodell, you just got served. By the commissioner of the Lingerie Football League. Eat it.

6. Organized Chaos

Russell Wilson: First QB in history to throw a game winning Interception

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Greg Jennings reaction: "The refs did a great job out there today."

8. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Just wondering why the Packers, the bozos on ESPN and the fans on twitter did not have the same reaction when the Packers stole a game against the Jets in 2010? 2 INT's were handed to them after a similar rule was blown not once but twice. So people only criticize this rule and the offcials when a popular team loses?

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

It wasn't on national tv.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It was a national game. I live in Vegas and watched it from my living room. I don't have Sunday Ticket.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

Isn't it great you can't say anything about the refs because you get fined. If your a player/coach and do something bad on national TV you get fined/suspended. If your a ref, Roger protects you from negative things from happening.

13. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Not trying to piss you off, but as a brand, the Packers have a larger fan base and with the exception of Bears fans, don't have many haters.

People hate the Jets. Hell, even Jets fans hate the Jets.

The difference is that Roger has to take notice because the most beloved brand in pro football had a call go against them in a national broadcast. His decision making ability is costing the league revenues, so expect some action.

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The Packers won 9-0. We didn't lose scores on those INT's. That wasn't REMOTELY the same thing as this, especially in the context of what's going on with the refs.

15. dvda31

dvda31 New Member

that roughing the passer call was just as bad as the last play. At least on the last play both guys kinda had the ball...sorta.

16. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, it isn't his fault.

Refs fucked it up fair and square. That's where the blame should be as well.

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets have gotten screwed by the refs over and over again year after year. Other teams should just man up and deal with it.

19. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I think you guys have it wrong. Watch it again, the first person to have two hands on the ball and two feet on the ground was Golden Tate. Possession does not occur until the player comes down in bounds with the ball under control. Tate was the first, tie goes to the passer.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Absolutely retarded logic. Man up and deal with it? It was a blatant missed call that blatantly cost the Packers the game. You would be up in arms if this had happened to the Jets.