Replacement Referees

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by HAYN, Aug 29, 2012.

1. FriendlyDolphin

They're going to fuck up NFL week 1

2. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i think it speaks volumes to the little amount of care the nfl places on the players. i think that the players union should have done much more to pressure the nfl to settle with the officials, because the officials are the only thing on the field protecting the players. the replacements are goiung to try, but they are going to make some mistakes, and i really hope that none of those mistakes end up in injuries or game changing plays. but i know that something is going to happen, and it sucks.

the nfl needs to get the refs back in action.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Fuck the referees..the huge majority are filthy rich which is why they are doing this. They don't need or care about this job..the NFL should hire all full time refs and fuck these clowns.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Filthy rich? I mean I know they make like 5500 a game but with only 16 games a year its not like they are filthy rich. Most don't do the playoffs.

5. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

the refs dont make that much at all. and considering the amonut of revenue generated by the nfl... you really should be sding with the refs. america needs to side with the little guy more often cause the little guy makes up the majority of this country.

the refs should get full benefits, they need to be in shape and train for the season and be on top of the rules and get in the mix all season. they should be full time employees. its not fair some of them need to find other work to fill out the year... we expect a lot from our refs, we should pay them accordingly

6. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

like tthis main ref tonight is a schoolteacher. thats not what we should want from our nfl refs. ill admit, if i was in school and my teacher was refing an nfl game id think it was the coolest thin ever, but thats besides the point. the nfl needs full time refs, considering how important every call can end up being. there are lots of dollars at stake, as well as player safety, and overall integrity of the game. does the nfl need to be seen as some huge corporation with no regard for its employees?

7. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

they are horse crap they called a CLIP tonight in the Giants game that call does NOT even exsist anymore . . . . or so I thought

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

the replacement refs are winning tonight. I hate fans and the media who are reaching as if these refs are incapable of learning the rules of this game on the fly and act as if the regular refs are gods that can not make mistakes.

I like to root for the underdog and the replacements are doing a great job as of right now.

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I already look at the league that way, players are treated like Walmart employees and the ownership also continues to screw over the common fan with ticket prices, parking , concessions and merchandise costs.

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Except that in the larger scheme the regular refs are the little man and the NFL is the big corporation who will be able to take advantage of them that much more if the replacements do well. Rooting for the replacements = rooting for the owners and Goodell.

Besides, nobody is going to blame high school refs if they screw up, they'll blame a petty league making billions that wants to further cut already lousy pay.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If we disregard the millions (or at the very least hundreds of thousands of dollars) they make then yeah

Keep in mind these guys choose to play football.

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The 4th quarter of the Giants game was unwatchable for a large portion. Weren't there like 5 penalties in a row? I don't like that crap at all.

13. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

14. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

My thoughts:
    1. The replacement refs did an excellent job last night, as good or better than the average NFL game. Only clear error was calling the block in the back a clip, made almost no difference (2 yards I think?)
    2. I have no sympathy for a group that turned down an average salary of between $150,000 and $200,000 a year between now and 2018 because the league wanted 1 ref on every crew to become a full time employee, and wanted to have some level of accountabilty in referee performance evaluation.
    3. The number of people capable of being NFL refs with a little training is huge, the best of the replacement refs are already better than the worst of last year's.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

F em now!

[​IMG]

16. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

These guys are stupid and should go back to their shitty teaching jobs.

17. Jtai527

Jtai527 New Member

yes jets lose cause of refs, not

18. Cellar-door

Refs have been good. Bit shaky in the GB/SF game, but that happens with the regular refs too.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Actually, other than the obvious false start they just missed, I think they've done just fine in that game. Just about every one of the penalties McCarthy and Harbaugh have been complaining about have actually been the right call.

20. Cellar-door

It got pretty ugly here in the second half, they missed obvious PI calls on several plays. As well as that PI in the endzone which was blatant in the first half.