Reflecting a Heart Breaking Four Years and Where We Go From Here....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Let me guess ... you totally believe we can't win games because our uniforms aren't cool enough?

2. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Actually I think we should have kept Rex Ryan for another 8 years to watch him fail to build a team over and over again.

Oh wait, nothing is his fault, I meant to say that he would be victimized by everyone in the organization for 8 years and he would win 3-5 games a year in spite of the uphill battle.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

... except for the 40% of the time we were in the AFC title game ... with the worst starting QB in the league.

4. Charlie Kelly

Ah the good old days, when men were men, Jim Leonhard was calling the defense, Rex could lean on the best corner in the game, and the Jets were sleazing into the playoffs without any offense. If only every year were 2009, we could be the happiest losers ever.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

except we had good offenses those years. 2009 was a little different b/c of a few awful games from the QB but overall we had good enough O that year and the O was a lot better in 2010.

6. Charlie Kelly

2009 was a dead zone in terms of dynamic offense, we had a great line and running game but it was as one dimensional as it could get, things got spicy in the playoffs but it was almost inevitable that the Colts would beat the Jets, it was just surprising that they didn't win more handily. The Jets did so well that year because the league wasn't ready for the constant jailbreak blitzes Rex was sending.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I never said dynamic but we had good offenses. the #s were skewed in 2009 b/c of 3-4 awful games by the QB but he was pretty good most of the year and in the playoffs the pass game was critical.

by midseason 2009 opponents had figured out the blitzes.

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Rex couldn't talk to new candidates until Schotty was fired. How was he to know no one wanted the job?

9. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

How naive are you?

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yeah I have had that hope since 01/13/69 & to date it has done me no good. What would your feelings be if Todd turns out to be another Kotex & Mike turns out to be the next Izdik? What would your feeling be if your 3 year plan is a total flop? Post another 3 year plan? Which would then make 49 years of failure before we start the next 3 plan?:mad:

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Champ, my feelings would be no different than the last 46 times we didn't make the SB. I've long ago learned how to separate my feelings about the Jets from my everyday life. As such, if they win? great. If they lose? Better draft pick. If the FO's plan doesn't pan out? Get a new plan or a new FO. No matter what happens with the Jets, life will go on. Anything I get from the Jets is more than I expected so, its all upside no matter what. I have no expectations whatsoever. Then again, I don't buy the swag or the PSL's either.

If by the time I leave this mortal plane this team hasn't appeared in another SB, I can always thank God I was around for the first one.

alleycat9 and Br4d like this.
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well said, folks often get too caught up in shit they have no control over and let it over run their emotions and lives.

13. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

It could be MUCH worse. Remember we just hired a rookie HC and GM. There's NOTHING telling the fans these guys are anything more than Rich Kotite part 2. Rex Ryan was victimized here by terrible ownership. Woody hired John Idzik, remember? Rex Ryan cannot be blamed 100% for the results on the field when the GM was completely incompetent. The fact is, Rex Ryan should still be the HC and Woody should have fired himself for being an incompetent idiot.
    Now we have our rookie HC being forced to face an angered, with revenge on his mind Rex Ryan TWICE and BB TWICE. That's 4 AUTOMATIC losses. What the hell is a DC nobody from Arizona going to do change that?
    The fact is, this team is PROBABLY going to win LESS games than 2014. I'd say about 2-14.

14. alleycat9

holy rex ryan ball washer there mainejet.

you do realize rex ryan is a mortal and buffalo is not guaranteed to win anything right?

i assume thats because the new guy couldnt possibly be as good as rex?

Walt White likes this.
  15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He is a very angry fella, click on his messages and read the 5 posts today...

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. alleycat9

haha classic stuff

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Is this a joke or insanity? :D:D:D:D

18. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Lol
    [​IMG]

19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Considering our HC is a rookie and facing two very versed and experienced HC's at strategizing and X's and O's? Yes, our guy could not possibly be as good as Rex or let alone BB. In other words, we traded DOWN in the coaching ranks. We traded in Rex Ryan for f*cking Herm Edwards. Just watch and see...there's NO way this team beats NE or Buffalo a single time. BB only happens to have the SB champs and Buffalo has Rex and Rex has REVENGE on his mind. The Jets have SH*T. That's 4 AUTOMATIC losses before the season has even started. There's nothing that Todd bowl of sh*t can do for this team. Even if he were an outstanding HC, (which he isn't. Not even close. But if he were)there's no way he can make up for the fact that Woody Johnson is the sh*ttiest owner in the entire league. The GM will quickly get run out of town because he'll get no support from Woody or the fans will turn on him and his incompetence. He's fighting and uphill battle to begin with. The fanbase is going to turn on Bowles anyway as he isn't Rex. Most of the fans still want Rex, as do I.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think RR is a good HC and will have success in Buffalo, all while continuing to fuck with NE like he always does.

However I'm intrigued by the Todd Bowles hire. This is a guy who has been waiting for his shot for a while now, he went 2-1 as an interim HC in Miami and has a ton of experience. I'm gonna let him do some work before I write him off.