Reality check for people overhyping Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 94Abraham, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's what happens when your OC has no fukin clue and puts a young QB in garbage situations all game.

Waitasecond,
    Where was this thread when he torched the LIONS on back2back2back drives to score each time and win the game ?
    or
    When he threw 2 of the most accurate, under 50 seconds passes in NFL history to win a game that our defense blew...? WITH NO TIMEOUTS

When your OC is calling the same routes over & over.
    Running it up the gut, over & over.
    It makes things go bad real fast.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He is in his second season. He will still have stinkers from time to time.

Start Brunell? Just quit posting. Holy shit this place is a mess.

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It could be worse.

We could be the Redskins.

Or the Broncos.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think if we had Johnny Unitas back there, we'd be pretty good.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He's a second year QB and was quite possibly playing with a concussion for the majority of that game. This thread is a joke. You guys don't deserve the great QB Sanchez is growing into. I hope you go root for another team if you can't have any patience for a guy who has shown tremendous growth from year one to year two.

6. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

And just think, they had over a week to prepare for this game...What a friggen joke.

7. blantyr

blantyr Member

I hate to tell you, but...

Brady still has stinkers from time to time. Payton just had three stinkers in a row. Sanchez still has some growing to do, but keep your expectations real.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He's not allowed to have a bad game?

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

We needed this loss...

We should come back to win out the regular season. Our players were over confident and not mentally in the game. They now have a BIG chip on their shoulders and something to prove.

A bye-week in the playoffs would be horrible for this team...they can't prepair after a long break off. I would expect better from a Rex team, but they have been consistant.

I am not even going to watch ESPN this morning because we are going to get murdered by everyone.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Sanchez will be fine, he will (ok should and hopefully will) take this loss personally, he is probably the only one that will watch this massacre more than once, he has to get his mojo back and he needs to start playing like he was 3 weeks ago. If he can do that, we can fly down the stretch. Sanchez is going to be great, he has shown that with his late game heroics this year, but he needs to be better in the middle of games, and he needs to be more accurate on the short passes over the middle.

11. grayburn

grayburn Member

Holy shit we are 9-3....that's like the worst record in the league! We need to get st. Pierre from carolina and fire everybody.

Some of you assholes don't deserve to breathe. I am more embarrassed about having you sojf rooting for the same team as me (so long as they're winning that is) than I am about the jets getting dominated.

12. nyjunc

We needed to get humiliated in one of the biggest regular season games the franchise has ever played?

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Sanchez hasn't won the Super Bowl yet? What the fuck is he waiting for?

And holy shit the Big Ben comment is laughable. I hope it was sarcasm. Do you realize he was almost as bad as Sanchez in his first year?

14. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

Well?

Don't take this as an insult to your QB. But, It looked like, on down and distance situations, the Pats knew what type of plays Sanchez was comfortable with running.
    On 2 of those interceptions, it looked like a Patriot defender ran to a spot and waited for the ball to be thrown to him.
    So, I think he's not comfortable with the entire playbook as of yet.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I can tell you that we are indeed, getting murdered by everyone on ESPN this morning.

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

In other words, the Jets played right into their tendencies and Belicheck had the defense ready for them. The Jets played bad and were out coached.

I liked the idea of the no huddle to start the game, but just poor execution overall.

17. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Agree 100%.
    If I see one more 15 yard square in by Holmes I'll shoot Schotty. It worked in Detroit in OT, it worked in Clelveland in OT....Hey Schotty,this poor schumcuk and the rest of the DC 's in the league know this is your bread and butte rplay now!!! Change it!! Maybe run something off of this pattern. Oh IDK, a hitch and go or maybe a reversal back to sideline...or better yet an f'ing crossing pattern. Maybe flooding a zone with two WR's

40 yards of YAC thru 3 quarters (to NE'1 164 yards) is all on the play design...WR's that stop and catch the ball then run doesn't cut it in this league. Ever see Welker stop and then run? Ever remember Jerry Rice stopping and starting. How about Holmes in Pittsburgh he made his career on crossing patterns...All those guys runs thru zones (i.e. crossing patterns or pick plays) and catch the ball in stride. Our play design does not allow for that.

Another example 3rd and 3 in the 2nd quarter and Edwards drops the ball. Why did he stop when the defender was BEHIND him? Keep going and catch it in stride....That again is play design!!!

18. nyjunc

2 of the INts were in garbage time so I don't take too much our of those.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

LOL it's not a joke! You say stupid shit about either rooting for another team or benching a starter all the time.

20. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

How many times has Sanchez run the two minute offense and won a huge game for the Jets this season. That was among the knocks last year. "Can Sanchez put together a winning drive?"

He can and he has. We're lucky as hell to have him as our Quarterback and I am confident that he will lead the Jets to glory.