Re-Evaluating Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 3rdAnd15Draw, Oct 29, 2006.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Disappearing when Chad does well is hardly consistent.

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I think some people are getting confused. It is not that 3rd and I think that Chad isn't a good QB or he can't win. Rather, nearly every good quality has made him successful this and past season has been AWOL or nearly AWOL in the past few games.

As with most teams, as the QB goes so goes the team. And that is especially true with the Jets. Chad isn't going good right now and it just hasn't been this game.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

dude your avatar is gonna make me cry.....is it necassary?

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I want that image burned into everyone's mind.

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I hear people on this board coming to a crossroads with Chad. Not just because we lost toaday and are emotional - but because doubts are being raised as to just how far Chad can bring us in the grand scheme of things.

I believe the question will be answered in our very next game. Right now the main obstacle between the NY Jets franchise and a SuperBowl is the New England Patriots.

If Chad cannot show that he is able to move our offense against the Patriots(and to a lesser degree the following week against the Bears) it really becomes time to consider moving on. We would be doing more harm to ourselves in the long run to have Chad lead us to victory against inferior competition(sometimes) but look outmatched against the real 'players' in the league.

Running a professional sports franchise is a marathon - not a sprint. This team isn't a win-now team due to age. If the coaching staff sees Kellen or #16 as capable of taking our franchise to the next level in the future then it will be time to get that journey started.

6. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

He won 3 games for us and lost 1 for us...I'll take it.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

so now we can remember how much it sucks to be a Jets fan....i swear, it seems now after looking at that image, everyone including the refs want the jets to fail....not even cool

it hurts man, it hurts!

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well all that's not gonna change unless something is done about it.

9. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Then I stand corrected. There are absolutely no positives in mr.nyjet's posting.

EDIT: Enjoying that avatar, are ya? Looks strikingly familiar. :)

#29 jetsaholic1094, Oct 29, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2006
  10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This thread makes perfect sense. 3RD never said that Chad is a poor qb.

Hey, the bottom line is this. I would never, at this point, call for a change in qb. Many of us that knock Chad have praised him when he has done well.

Against certain teams, he looks lost...he cant compete. The Browns played us exactly they way the Pats have played us the past 4 years.

Chad cant win those games...and he cant carry a team. His limitations get the best of him because he is a ONE DIMENSIONAL QB.

Can the Jets win a superbowl with him? Of course they can..with a great running game..and a dominating defense..any qb that can just control the game can.

Look at past qbs that have won a superbowl. Dilfer, Johnson, Williams come to mind..but they all had one thing in common..a great defense.

The problem is that right now, the Jets need to get on the back of a qb to carrry them to the playoffs..and Chad isnt the carrying type.

Anyone that cant see that just isnt looking at it honestly.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

jetsaholic....your killin me with that avatar....are you guys trying to make me cry?

12. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Just not sure what people are seeing to think he's playing scared.

He made some bad throws today. He wasn't accurate. On the 2nd interception he wasn't able to step into the throw, but forced it anyway since McCareins was so open. He was inaccurate, but I don't see where he was scared. He threw the ball down field a few times. A couple times with Coles he just threw it up and gave Coles a chance to make a play. That's not being scared. He made a hell of a play on the last play and should have had a game tying touchdown pass. I didn't see any times where he was checking the ball down too much. He made good decisions almost all game, just wasn't making the throws.

He played a bad game, but I don't see how he was scared.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Avatar is depressing, but good to see we aren't crazy.

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Amen, Dino :up:

15. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Despite the four wins, this squad really isn't that much better than last year's. They've beaten no one of substance and overall have played some very ineffective football.

Being held to under 200 yards in offense by a horrible team like the Browns is a bit alarming. And they give up 125 yards to the opposing RB in a week when they fired their Offensive Coordinator.

They Jets are just not a very good team right now.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This post is what gets me about Jet fans sometimes. Yes, Pennington sucked today, but he still made the play to tie the game.

To put his season or his career as a Jet on the line against maybe the two best teams in the NFL is assinine. How do you expect Pennington to compete against the one loss Pats and the undefeated Bears with THIS Jet team. This Jet team can't stop the run at all. It makes pedestrian running backs look like pro bowlers. This Jet team can't rush the passer. 12 sacks in 8 games in pitiful. And the DBs have more sacks than the DL or LBs!!!! How can a team win when the defense can't get off the field and gives up over 350 yards a week. How can a team win when the only team it was able to run against was the Lions, who were missing their starting DTs. Yet you want to leave it up to the QB to beat the best two of the best teams in the NFL or he should be benched???? This Jet team wasn't going to sniff the Super Bowl this year. Without Pennington, the Jets don't have four wins. I'm not sure they have any wins without him. If the Jets get the call today on the Baker pass and win in OT, you and everybody else would be singing his praises. It just pisses me off when people don't realize that it is a team game and that the Jets are not a good team right now, despite the 4-4 record.

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

how can u say a player should have played better.... every player on the jets team should have played better. to say a player should have played better is ot an excuse

18. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Don't think so. If the Jets won, you'd see a lot of:

Well Chad made the play when he had to, but he had an awful game against a 1-5 team. The team was lucky to win.

19. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

Jesus, what a load of excuses. The guy hasn't beaten this team in the past SEVEN games!! We've had the NFL's Rushing Champion in that time span, and amazing defenses! Last week and every week beforehand, you and others were bragging about how great we are on offense, while I've mentioned before I don't think this offense is really that good because 1c doesn't show up against good teams. Now apparently even against crappy teams he won't show up. Peyton Manning has no rushing attack now to speak of, and his defense is crummy, yet he manages to produce. Tom Brady almost never has anything, and he still produces. Why does Chad always get this free pass? When the Jets win, everyone falls all over themselves crediting Chad, and claiming we'd be nothing without him. When the Jets lose, and he has an absolutely atrocious game and is the CAUSE of the loss, it's suddenly a team game. Ridiculous. The guy is a liability and I'm sick of watching him hold this team back. If Drew Bledsoe can be benched for Tony Romo, Chad Pennington, who hasn't done even a quarter of what Bledsoe has done in his career, should be benched for Clemens. I wouldn't even five 1 cent another game, I'd use the bye week to get Clemens ready and let him start the rest of the season. He'll probably do awful the next 2 weeks, but that's fine, by the end of the season we'll know what we have.

Penny is probably injured now again anyway. If he's not injured, then well, he just absolutely sucks because high school QBs have more arm than he does.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

He had a bad game but he is the best QB on our roster right now and everyone here knows that. Don't tell me starting a rookie is a better choice than a veteran with playoff experience and for the sake of all that is good and holy please don't tell me that Ramsey should start.

He had a bad game, but he did make a helluva throw on 4th and 4 with the game on the line, didn't he?

TBTF