Ray Lewis Retiring

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Jan 2, 2013.

1. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You're the second poster to imply that most other people here have done something just as bad as (probably) stabbing two people to death, lying to police in an attempt to cover up whatever did happen, then selfishly throwing two friends under the bus to get your own sentence reduced.

Am I the only one here who has done nothing like that?

Also, Lawrence Taylor grew to be admired and respected long before anyone knew that he had sex with an underage girl. Do you really think that he is still universally beloved?

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The whole point of it all is everyone sins some shape form .... whether its cheating, lying, stealing, adultery, murder etc.... They all are the same and equal .... To say the man killed someone when he didnt is ridiculous. Did he hang with the wrong people? Yes but has he changed and hasnt been in a stitch of trouble since? YES. ... He will have to answer for his past transgressions no man should judge him.

3. gopats88

gopats88 Member

You lost me right at that bolded part. Equal? I'm not sure whether that is supposed to be philosophical bullshit, religious bullshit, or just the normal kind, but I'm quite confident it is bullshit. Based on that last line, I'm going with the religious option. Would you rather I murder someone you love, or steal their phone? Never mind, silly me, you just answered that... they are both "the same and equal". Please excuse me while I laugh me head off.

All I can say is that I'm not a religious man, and I don't believe we should all sit around waiting for people to die so god can decide what to do with them. Ray Lewis did some pretty horrible things whether you believe he killed anyone or not. The legal system failed to adequately punish him, and I can live with that, but I'm not every going to say that I admire or respect him.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes he is. They couldn't prove that Ray Lewis was guilty. How do you know he threw his friends under the bus? How do you know he lied or stabbed people? Pats fans are really sore losers. Some irrelevant fallacy comes out every year after you guys are projected super bowl favorites and find a way to lose each and every time.

5. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

[youtube]0oidVxMJdUo[/youtube]

6. gopats88

gopats88 Member

They never officially tried to prove he was guilty. The whole point of a plea bargain is that you never face a judge and jury and never receive judgment.

Ray testified that his two friends went shopping at a sports authority for knives and each bought one. Later that day, they stabbed two people to death. I'm not sure what that sounds like to you, but to me it sure seems like premeditated murder. If it is true, then Ray was at least an accessory for knowing about it and accompanying them as it happened. He would also be guilty of lying to police and covering it up.

The other option is that it was a flat out lie, and that his friends did kill the victims in self defense as they claimed. In that case, Ray lied in court and tried to get two innocent men convicted of me murder for the selfish purpose of taking heat off of himself. In this scenario, he is still also guilty of lying to police about two peoples deaths.

Which version is the one that you want to believe?

Also, I made my thoughts on this topic clear in this very thread before sunday's game even started, so calling me a sore loser is fucking dumb. I'm just continuing to respond to other peoples replies.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Patriots fans . . . experts at interpreting evidence since 2007.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Patriot bandwagoners (fans?) didn't give a rat ass about Ray Lewis, now they are extra concerned about his off-the-field incidents from over 10 years ago for some reason...

oh thats right Ray knocked their team out that's way. Sore Losers.

Brady's got about another 3 to 4 years left until he retires/his skills drastically erode. Better start looking for a new bandwagon to hitch upon. Packers maybe? 49ers? they should be good for awhile...

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's like they all got law degrees to defend a football team.

10. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I'm the only Patriots fan commenting here, so I'll assume you are talking to me. Your buddy Barcs already called me a sore loser, and I already pointed out how flawed that is logically, seeing as I made basically the same posts saying the same thing before the game even started. Based on the level of intelligence in this place, I'm starting to understand why it is so hard to get people to understand basic facts.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I live in New England. You can't possibly imagine how extremely low the self- esteem of this fanbase is. I actually know people who are convinced that the Patriots' success is the result of the actuation of longstanding Yankee values of thrift, diligence, hard work and gumption. No lie.

12. Realistic Jets Fan

Boston local TV network has to take down it's Ray Lewis Retirement Clock billboards and replace them with others showing themselves with egg on their face and one that says "Ray Lewis Retirement postponed to February 3"