Ravens going to kick the Patriots ass again?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Nov 30, 2014.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Edleman calling for the flag and getting it was the only reason why the Pats were still in the game. It would have been 4th and 5 or 6, out of field goal range, in the 4th quarter, the offense was putrid up until that point. They got the call on a really late flag that Edleman called for, terrible call. I think the Pats got 3 out of it.

It might have been the Gronk drop pass that came later in the drive, but the Edleman PI call was the only reason why the Patsies were still in the game.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

did they have the ball in their hands w/ a chance to take the lead late?

3. JetsVilma28

Only bc of a gifted call at a pinnacle point in the game. A call that a player asked for and was gifted. A very ticky tack call. I think it would have been the pats 3rd or 4th, 3& out. They needed some outside help to get the O going a little, they got it.

They got killed in all phases otherwise, it was not a close game.

4. nyjunc

use any excuses you want, it was a close game throughout and NE had a chance to win at the end.

5. JetsVilma28

New England got beat up, but it looked close on paper.

6. nyjunc

I saw a team driving for a potential GW TD in the final minutes on the road against the hottest team in the NFC.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

It looked close because it was close. Pats D held them to a lot of field goals and that kept them in the game.

Also, Green Bay has the strongest home field advantage there is, and it probably saved them from a late PI in the end zone. Don't say you would be shocked if the Pats got that call in Foxboro.

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

All I hope for is that the Pats don't make the Super Bowl. Them even being in it adds a ton of stress to one of my favorite days of the year. The thought of them winning disgusts me.

NY Jets68 and stinkyB like this.
  9. JetsVilma28

"also, Green Bay has the strongest home field advantage there is." Seattle says hi

1:34 left in the 3rd quarter GB 23 NE 14:

3-6-NE 26 (1:34) (Shotgun) 12-T.Brady pass incomplete short right to 11-J.Edelman. PENALTY on GB-38-T.Williams, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at NE 26 - No Play.

**gifted second life, thank you refs for adhering to Edleman request (garbage call), should have been 4&6 at NE 26**

New England got beat down and helped back up by their buds the NFL officials. Whatever it takes to keep them in the game.

10. Dierking

Frankly, I don't remember the play you have such a hard on over. Sounds like it was a shitty call. There are always a few every game.

But neither of your premises are correct. The game was pretty much a one score game for most of the second half, not a beatdown. And if the refs were really the Pat's friends, there would have been a first and goal from the one late in the fourth on that pass into the end zone to Gronkowski.

11. Dierking

And, if not for a great play on third down at the end, they would've gotten the ball back with more than two minutes to go with a chance to win. That was a close game.

12. JetsVilma28

It was a beat down late in the 3rd quarter up until that second life. New England should have been lining up with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter punting away to Green Bay for the 3rd straight 3& out. You clearly didn't watch the game until the 4th quarter. It was a beat down for the first 3. Or maybe 23 to 14 is close?

13. nyjunc

23-14 is a beat down? Ok.

14. Dierking

I actually did miss the third quarter in fact. But I watched the first half and most of the 4th quarter.

The better team definitely won, and in many ways the Pats were lucky it was so close, but holding the Pack to all those field goal attempts is one way to guage how close the game is.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  15. JetsVilma28

It's not? 23-14 and punting the ball away from your own 26, is that a beat down? Only a quarter left in the football game.

16. nyjunc

a 9 pt lead is not some insurmountable lead especially in the 3rd qtr. I don't think you know what a beat down is. a beat down is what happened to us last week vs. the Bills or out in SD. have the ball deep in opps territory down 6 late in the game is not a beatdown.

17. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Only 18 rushing attempts against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league? It seemed to me that NE was sandbagging against the team they expect to meet in the SB.

18. Dierking

That's almost as believable as you being a Jets fan.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. JetsVilma28

Until the Edleman call. Green Bay dominated the entire game. Brady couldn't do anything.

Total speculation, but I think if they punt there (3&out for the 3rd straight time to start the 2nd half) Green Bay either kicks a field goal or eats clock down into the 4th quarter or both. New England gets the ball back with either the same 9pt deficit or 12pt deficit and only 10mins or so left in the game.

It was a beat down. Green Bay controlled the game. New England got it's per usual gift from NFL officials. Same old Patriots.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thats where im at now. I picked them to reach the Super Bowl and lose to Seattle, but in my humble opinion, this is it. This it Belichick and Bradys final shot at winning the whole thing. They have what appears to be the best team in the league, which has not happened since the Jets beat them in 2010. 2011, they were not the best team, the 15-1 Packers were the best team.

Im not saying the Patriots will fade away after this season, they will be relevant, but this is their final shot at taking the Super Bowl. Now or never, so hopefully some team can put them away once and for all. They are the best team, they have their best roster since 2007, they have the top seed, they have a defense finally.

Go Ravens Go Chargers Go Broncos Go Dolphins for christ sakes.......someone give them the knockout blow please.

Big Cat likes this.