Quinnen wants new contract before offseason programs

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Jan 9, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Don't disagree.... but I'm kinda surprised "big cuddly" would act like a bitch about it.....

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

billionaires fighting with millionaires....

I don't fault the players for trying to get their share, especially since they are the product (and wouldn't be getting paid if the owners weren't making it).... but when you stop and see how much they charge for a few hours of entertainment, ridiculous beers, tv package, etc.... it starts to become a turnoff

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Everyone has a devil in their ear.

stinkyB likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He will not hold out. Only two players in recent memory did that: Bell and Deshaun. Both sucked when they finally came back, even though both had multi year elite production. I think teams will take notice, and it is a very dangerous game to play. Q had one elite year. This is a 5th year, and he is under contract. Don't take me wrong, I hope and think we sign him for 25 mil per or so before the season starts. But if he wants more, he is just going to have to play out his contract first, see if he can have another elite year, and the re-evaluate next season. The market was set for a reason. Other top young DTs were reasonable. If he is not, JD will not oblige.

And it is not about billionaire's money. It's about salary CAP implications. Every move like this has consequences. And they add up. Right payer, right price. JD will not deviate from that. And he does not have to here: Q is under contract, and he will play it out whether he is extended or not. My guess is that he will be extended for 25 mil per. Maybe 100 mil 4 years, 70 guaranteed.

5. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

He'll get this cont
    Correct. DT market was set. So I don't understand why QW is acting like this. He wants more but he's not Aaron Donald so he can't make his own. either you're 1) Donald, 2) pretty good DT, or 3) an expendable FA / trade bait. There's no 1a = Quinnen Williams

Borat likes this.
  6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

JD already fucked up the Rodgers trade by swapping #13 and pissing away the '24 #1, so who's to say he doesn't screw this one up as well?

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

We need a dislike button

8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

They already did fuck it up. This needed to be taken care of months ago, behind the scenes if necessary. The fact he is acting out on social media means they didn’t. It’s a bad look once again and players around the league take notice.

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It would lead to a more civil site bc we’d be less likely to reply to horrible takes. @Brook! Make it happen.

10. Lon Chaney

Maybe, just maybe, the FO didn't know exactly where the CAP would be months ago, since they were pursuing their QB.

Players take notice? LOL. What an asinine statement. The Jets are the only team that has contract negotiations? EVERY team deals with this on a yearly basis. Seriously. The Bengals OT Jonah Williams demanded a trade, Saquan won't sign his tag, Earl Thomas sat out an entire preseason one time (so did Emmit Smith, Michael Strahan, Erick Dickerson - and that included 2 regular season games), Leveon Bell sat out a season...and on and on and on the list goes.

So, the Bengals, Cowboys, Giants, Steelers, Colt, Seahawks - did the league take notice then?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well the Jets haven't extended many draft picks over recent history, those teams have. I think its important to extend Q Williams for that reason, so the Jets don't develop a reputation

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

4 years/100M (~70M guaranteed).

Let's just get this done and look forward to the upcoming season already.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Quinton W Hmm.. the guy that brought a gun
    To the airport lol

He has one talent in this life and that’s to be a football disrupter in the backfield

JD should just shut him up and pay this kid now

with Rogers leading the way to playoffs I doubt if QW goes on vacation like Mo Wilk

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  14. Lon Chaney

Not easy to extend draft picks when your drafts sucked for so long.

And trading Jamal instead of paying him was a great move.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Oh Dislike button adds so much drama. I am dealing with it on the soccer forum I am managing in Turkey. No need for that type of drama here believe me :)

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

people get so sensitive with that

Brook! likes this.
  17. KingRoach

Ok. Without a dislike button, I will voice my disapproval in other ways.
    This isn’t the stupidest post I’ve ever read… bc I’ve read your other posts as well.

I can’t tell if you’re a troll or honestly just have horrible takes.

18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well my King,

When you do that, try not to make things personal. So don't call somebody stupid or troll etc. You can always ignore those messages right?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. KingRoach

Ignore? @Ralebird for example is famous for his hatred of the jets but every now and again he makes a good point. If I put him on ignore, I wouldn’t be able to see that very very rare post.

I’ve only put 2 people on ignore and might take 1 off, hoping he stopped posting unfunny memes now that the political forum is cancelled.

I still think a dislike button would be waaay more civil but I’ll defer to your expertise.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Brook! like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KingRoach likes this.