Quincy lineage

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by twown, Oct 7, 2023.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Joe Douglas gave the wrong Williams Bro the bag? If Quincy keeps playing like he's been playing, the Jets could make the Williams Brothers the highest paid bro-tandem playing for the same team in NFL history!

Hey, so the Sean Payton thing....can you imagine if Aaron Rodgers was still the QB? We'd of hung as least 50 on Payton's squad. I'd love to see the post-game handshake between Payton and Aaron...you KNOW every camera on the field would be zeroed in! (I was gonna put this at the end of the game thread but Brook shut it down before I got over here to gloat!!!)

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I've loved Quincy since day 1 as a Jets, he hits with so much authority, he's on 100 every play, can't ask for a better LB, hopefully the other Williams comes to life, like last season.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He gonna be DPOW... right?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

5. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Quincy Williams is playing out of his mind. Even last year I recall him blowing up plays and dominating games but now he’s making it a habit.

6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Confession === I actually had an offseason writeup back in January where I said only a 1yr re-sign deal for Quincy is needed. I felt that he just wasn't consistent enough -- playing a little too wild, missing tackles, overcommitting & losing his responsibility often enough. There were splash plays, - but just not worth any long-term investment. I specifically recall him being the coverage guy on the crucial 4th down play in the Lions game where the TE was wide open for a TD.

Glad I was 100% wrong. Quincy actually looks like he put in significant offseason work to vastly improve his overall game. I love it. Commitment on his part & we have him locked up relatively cheap for the next 3 yrs.

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

That was a fair analysis at the time. Quincy used to have as many "wtf" plays as he did "wow" plays.

This year, he's cut way down on the wtf plays while maintaining or even increasing the wow plays.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Kudos to you for admitting that you were wrong. As Revision says in his post, that was a fair analysis at the time. Neither you, nor any of us had any idea that he would improve so much.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nothing wrong with that, he was very inconsistent in previous seasons. He whiffed as many bubble screens as he hit most times. But he is putting it together now, and with that speed and hitting power he has, he is really effective.

There's something to be said for analyzing football as it is and making predictions that way versus making the wrong argument for years and the when the guy starts putting it together some people think that blind faith will give them some sort of street cred. I Been Telling You Guys All Along Syndrome. If they looked at the history of this forum, those people would realize it gets them nothing.

Believe what you see and not what you hope.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

But you have to know what to look for.

abyzmul likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

ROTFLMAO

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yes, I always liked his intensity (which you cant really teach), but he usually seemed to play "out of control" and a bit sloppy.... great to see the upward trajectory, especially seeing a player get better AFTER getting paid