Question: How many of the people who post...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::., Jan 10, 2009.

?

Your experience in football?

Poll closed Feb 9, 2009.
  1. Played. (... all-state, all-american, all-planet, if all-planet existed...)

73 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Coached. (... call me Tom Landry, minus the hat)

3 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Avid Sideline Reporter. (... my doctor said physical activity excites my asthma)

24 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. Football? (... like American Football? I thought this was soccer.)

12 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Heavy Metal Thunder

I didn't play football in high school because I was an amateur boxer for 12 years of my life starting at age 14 and boxing is my first love. Does that mean I don't know anything about the NFL and don't qualify to post here? I have been a Jets fan longer than you have been alive son and I knew more about football than any of my friends in High School that played on the football team. I have no way of knowing whether you know your X's and O's when it comes to football but I do already know from your posts that you lack intellect, couth, and maturity.

2. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I've never played organized football (do play recreational every week), but that doesn't mean i'm an idiot when it comes to football. That said, i'm not saying i know better than the coaching staff. I come to this board for the opinions and input of other great football minds, which have much more knowledge than me. It's all a learning experience.

3. GreenMachine

Why do you need experience in FB to discuss football?

Seriously. And adding "sideline reporter" to this poll makes it even less credible.

4. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

I'm a beast at TIC-TAC-TOE.....Does that count????

5. uberchink

uberchink New Member

playing high school ball (even college sometimes) does not mean you know anything more than your average sideline fan. in fact, the majority of kids who played high school football aren't very skilled (mentally or physically) at football.

i was the best in my high school (played WR primarily, but also did KR, PR, CB, S, and QB) and it was pretty sad to see how little depth there was on the football field talent wise. it gets a little better during college at least. but still, like i said earlier many of them were not very football smart

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

also, many NFL players are retarded when it comes to overall football IQ. they're athletic and they do what their coaches tell them to do, regarding their own position. many of them have no idea about any of the other positions' nuances besides what their primary coach tells them.

7. GreenMachine

And for the record, I have never played organized football. Being 120 lbs in HS did not make me a fit candidate for that sport. i was a damn good HS tennis player though..

I currently coach Flag Football for my kids 5-7 year old team and am waiting for a call from Oakland and New York soon.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I've never been on an organized football team but I feel I'm more qualified to discuss it than anyone with an aLt-CaPs name.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Considering that half the posters on this board are either players or coaches for the Jets or beat reporters for the NY area papers and seem to be the ones who have the least knowledge of football I'm not sure what the point of this thread is?

Mangini was banned last week. Ouchy is Chad Pennington and Sunday Jack is suspected of being Peter King.

XXXOOOXX

Winstonbiggs

PS: I played HS football and sucked at it because the coach didn't have a clue how to use me properly. Had one of the none football playing posters who really knows football coached my HS team instead of the dope who ended up at some big time College, I might have made it to the show. I still blame that tool coach for not figuring out a way for me to blow up the running game on the edge without taking out the lead blocker for someone else to make the tackle.

#49 winstonbiggs, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  10. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

As long as I possess an ass, which cam sit in a stadium for a price, I an as qualified as anyone else to evaluate the product I am consuming. It's called being a fan.

And Woodhead Johnson sucks.

11. joeyg94

joeyg94 Member

i played hs fb and was all city and scored 3 tds in the chamionship game my name is al al bundy

12. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Let's see, never played football. Obviously using the tubes everyday hasn't made you a better message board poster so I'm not sure I agree with your assessment.

#52 plinko, Jan 12, 2009
  13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I'm Vince Lombardi.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Fallout 3, great game.

15. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Actually I think he posted the exact opposite of what you did.

You attempted to say that if someone hasn't played football that they could not know enough about the game to post here.

He stated that even though he played he learned more just by watching.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I'm Batman

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

.::WoW_g0oD_ThR3@d::!

18. Greengal19

Greengal19 Member

Ummm..where is the cheerleader choice?

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

OG/OT DT/NT

i played everything on the line except C and DE.

i played at 6 ft 2, 310. sacked me a couple nationally ranked QB's in my time too. was getting some looks and Bama was about to fly me out for a campus tour and what not and then i blew my knee out.

now i post here. im sure some of you have similar stories lol.

i revisit my Al Bundy daydreams once in a while is that what this threads for.

[​IMG]

#59 Coach K, Jan 12, 2009
  20. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

:eek:hmy::rofl::up: