Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

not, elway had elite scrambling ability and a rocket arm. he was actually pretty accurate even in his youthful days. difference is, elway did not have the offensive fire power sanchez has to start their careers.

can't see any comparison between the two, at all!

2. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Brady
    Flacco
    Palmer
    Roethlisberger
    Schaub
    Peyton Manning
    Garrard (yes...seriously, i'll probably get ripped for this, but he's done more with less, at least statistically)
    Cassel
    Rivers
    Romo
    Eli Manning
    Vick
    McNabb (even now)
    Cutler
    Rodgers
    Ryan
    Brees
    Freeman
    Bradford

Decided to make my list anyway...Those are the 19 I take for one game ahead of Sanchez. That puts Sanchez as 20th on my list for current QBs. Better than I was expecting before I made the list at least.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I take Freeman, Bradford, Eli, Palmer and Garrard off that list putting him right about the middle of the league right now.

4. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

he's a very average qb as it is now, but i dont think hes had the proper coaching either. i'd like to see him with a competant oc before i make a final verdict

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

houston? talk about a poorly coached team! sure, he had a few exciting combacks because he played like crap during most of the game. the elite talent around him saved his bacon. he showed some capability, but this is the NFL, you have to have some just to get this far.

for every comeback he produced, you can come up with games lost because he sucked! that's elite alright and you've been watching too many jets games for too long and just don't know what an actual elite qb looks like.

the jets haven't had a elite qb for so long that's it's the basic reason the jets are the SOJ!

6. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

unfortunately this may be true

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i'm not deliberately trying to down the guy, but he has a ton of talent around him and has not been able to take the team to the elite level.

josh freeman with this kind of offensive talent would be insane.

sanchez, if you look at him honestly, has the tools to be a good serviceable qb. not elite! elite and sanchez just don't go together if you're being honest with what you're seeing on the field.

he'll be a good game manager with some talent, but he'll never be a rapelisberger, brees, brady or PM.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I don't see anything to suggest he can't be as good as Roethlisberger at least. The other three are amongst the all time best. That's a high standard to chase.

The only important statistic is wins and he's going along just fine in that respect.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I think it's a tad early to be making these types of assumptions.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

poorly coached or not, Sanchez still had to make those throws. And neither Brady or Manning could have made a better throw. Those balls were absolutely perfect.

If you want to get into bad coaching, how about the poor playcalling that has hurt Sanchez and the offense this year?

Jet QB play has been bad over the years, but you can't honestly have expected Sanchez to be Manning or Brady in his first two seasons did you? They are two of the best QB's of all time.

11. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

amen to that. the media is going to be what they are.

hell rexy and his swinging wife that wants the big one in every hole are getting just what they were asking for by putting their lives all over the net. he had to have known taking the new york job it was going to get out!

whether it's freeman or sanchez, the media is going to ball wash while in good times and eat you alive during the bad, just the way it is everywhere, not just new york!

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

to add to this.....I don't see Freeman in the playoffs this year...nor was he last season.

Saying Freeman is better than Sanchez at this point in their careers....is a tad premature.

I've said this before....and I'll say it again. Stats/Style points are for duncecaps....I'll take a QB that wins games any day of the week.

The Sanchez comparison involving Brady and Manning is retarded too.

13. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I wonder if the Sanchez bashers feel butt-hurt when he starts a game going 10 for 10 like last week.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

How can you possibly consider evaluating Sanchez, with the PLAYCALLING we've had.

In spite of it, he's won 21 games in two years.

In the last two games with DECENT playcalling he's completing at 65%.

He's put it up over 500 times this year. With atrocious playcalling for 14 weeks, yet....

When the MONEY is on the table he's made big time Plays...

It's not possible to clearly evaluate him yet, because his OC just stopped sucking.

But....at the end of the day, he's going to win 23-24 games in his first two seasons with an AFCCG appearance....

He may not be top 5 yet....

But....He's easily in the top half, if not Top 10.

The only clear analogy is Vinny Testaverde.

Parcells brought him here, and everyone was scratching their head.

Parcells said...

'He's always thrown picks because everyone fell in love with his arm and asked him to throw down the sidelines, outside the numbers. Call the right plays, he'll be fine"

First year...61 % 29 TDs 7 ints.

15. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

schotty has to go for this team to ever take the next step. period

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dude, there is a thing called PLAYCALLING that affects what Sanchez does.

He will be given the chance, Elite.

See above.

Josh Freeman????? AYFKM?

17. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lol, you've got to be kidding! everyone one of those qb's are better than sanchez, unless you just can't see the light and everything is green.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow dude....are you oblivious to reality?

Sanchez has made the playoffs in his first 2 years in the league....with only 1 year of starting in college. I will concede that there's room for improvement on his part...but that's to be expected considering where he's at in his development.

Sanchez has had more success in this league than Garrard, Bradford, Palmer and Freeman.....

19. hazmat

hazmat New Member

It's worth noting that if the Jets receivers have dropped around 30 passes this season that Sanchez completion % would be over 60%. Between a coordinator that finally seems to have gotten his head out of his ass, skill players dropping a ton of passes, a defense that has been average at best against any type of passing offense and a bunch of extremely cold weather games I think Sanchez has done pretty well. Now they just need Schotty to get a head coaching job and the receivers actually catch the ball.

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

talk about seeing only what you want to see. if you haven't noticed freeman carrying the bucs with much less offensive talent than what sanchez has, then nothing will allow you to se anything in real light other than green and is a waste.

the jets won last year in spite of dirty and for the most part much of this season.

as far as comparison to rapelisbeger,brees,brady and pm! this posts topic has said dirty would be elite, if you've been watching any football the past few years, you might have noticed that those are the present day elite qb's, and there is not a chance in hell dirty should or ever could be mentioned amongst them!

#120 joesmoe39, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011