Putting your Jets bias to the side, is Sanchez good?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Deathstroke, Jan 1, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha this post makes you a joke.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

hahaha Vince Young comparison.

Leave the thinking to us.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Trips to the playoffs:

Sanchez - 2
    Freeman - 0

4. Daphins

Daphins New Member

Showed my buddy your post. He spit coke through his nose laughing (he's a steelers fan) he made a list of who he WOULD take Sanchez over (figured it would be shorter)

Henne
    Arizona QB of the week
    Fitzpatrick
    Whomever Vikes have at QB next season
    Garrard (I disagree with this one, but meh)
    Jason Campbell (I disagree with this too)
    Kerry Collins (but not Vince Young)

That was about all he came up with. He'd take McNabb over Sanchez (which I find debatable at this point of his career). But that's about where he had it too, minus a guy or two that I'm forgetting. We couldn't decide on Carson Palmer (we both like Orton over Sanchez by a large margin. He got benched because they need to see what Tebow has before next year, not because of his play) and kind of drew the line there.

Sorry bud, but the rest of the league sees him as the weakest link, and a subpar player. No one said he's peaked, but as it is he's not nearly in the league of the guys you're claiming he is.

Do respect the love for your team tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Who the fuck cares what your friend thinks?

That list blows.

6. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

as playoff QB's go:

Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Matt Ryan
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Rodgers
    Vick
    Flacco
    Sanchez
    Cassel
    Hasselbeck

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why should we care what your friend thinks. I have a friend(not a Steelers fan) that thinks Rapelessberger can only score with a handful of roofies and a swat team..........Beyond that Please tell your idiot friend to play in traffic.

#347 Miamipuck, Jan 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I think everyone can agree on this.

What's interesting is that Matt Ryan is knocking on the door of elite status, and he's yet to be in the NFCCG. Him and Cassel are the only two not to get to that point.

That will change this year. Matty Ice has to be beat in order to get to Dallas

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Golden Boy and first overall pick Sam Bradford stunk it up tonight too.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Rams suck on the road collectively.

I could tell that Seattle crowd had an affect on the whole game.

See what home field advantage does for a team? That's why our fans suck. The Seahawks have done an amazing job getting the fans involved.

11. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

Sanchez just needs to get better in cold weather

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I want Sanchez to one day be the best QB in the NFL (share same last name, im cool like that).

But Josh Freeman > Sanchez right now.

I root for the kid left and right. One day he will make me a star. Or well our last names.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ben Roethlisberger has multiple rings. He's better in the playoffs than Manning, Brees, and Ryan.

14. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Really, below average? How many rookie QBs play in a Division Championship? How many bring their team to the playoffs two years in a row? How about 20 wins in two seasons? Not bad for any Qb let alone a rookie. He's no Brady or Manning but who is?

15. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

16. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Carson Palmer over Mark Sanchez? Enjoy the offseason Miami shitheads! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

#356 talisaynon, Jan 3, 2011
  17. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

So you disagree with Kerry, Gerrard, and Campbell, but you think Chad Fucking Henne, the Arizona QB carousel, Fitzparick, and a Minnesota QB who could be Brooks Boolinger next year for all we know is a better option.

You're friend, who I think you made up because why the hell would he pick Henne over Sanchez unless he had mental problems, was obviously creating a list just to get a rise out of you or to just said what he thought you wanted to hear.

Also, no Matt Flynn?
    He had a great game in the only one he has ever played, that should be more than enough evidence for you to put him above Sanchez because you have QB positions that aren't even filled above him. I don't think you can comprehend how stupid this "list" makes you look, but whatever.

Also, out of everybody you mentioned, Palmer (one you guys wouldn't pick) probably was the best option.

If you want to try to rile up a fan base, try to make an educated argument.

Hahahaha I can't read that list and not laugh. There are quite a few QBs that I would take over Sanchez if I had a pick between every QB in he league, but you managed to pick every single QB that I don't agree with.

#357 JackBower, Jan 3, 2011
  18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

"speak volumes" you sound like Rex Ryan!

I think Sanchez is inconsistent. When he gets pressure he makes poor reads or throws it away instead of making a clutch play like stepping up and running. He does have flashes of brilliance, however and he can really zip the ball and be accurate.

One thing I'd really like to see is Brad Smith developed more at QB. When he goes into the game our opponents should really be thinking ok, 50/50 he's going to run or pass instead of ok, 99% he's gonna run.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think sanchez is MUCH better than the #s show, I think he is the BIGGEST reason we are back in the playoffs and he is getting better. I am really happy we traded up to get him.

I think up until that NE game he was probably a top 6-7 QB this year. After rebounding against Pitt and Chi I think he finished in my top 10. It's not all about ratings, not many mor QBs meant more to their teams and brought their teams back as much as Sanchez did in dire situations.

20. Daphins

Daphins New Member

That list is almost As funny as yours...the difference is mines in inverted while you still sit in this thread defending yours.

Did you read? That 2nd list was of guys be would take SANCHEZ over. Meaning he likes Sanchez BETTER. And it's a list that was damn close to mine (minus a few players) and is damn close to what fans of the other 31 NFL teams would pick.

Point being, this thread is one of the mod homericfic circle jerks I've seen in a loooooong time. No one is saying Sanchez is a horrible QB, but people here are putting him in the top 5 of the league, when general consensus would be he's top half at BEST. Based on the fact that he's going to the playoffs 2 out of 2 seasons. No one, other than people in this thread would argue that the teams success has a lot to do with Sanchez. He's a caretaker QB at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk