PURE RUMOR from Fox Sports - Chad in Chitown next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Sep 25, 2007.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I go back to a previous thread where I stated that if we ever fall 3 games below .500 (e.g. 1-4 or 2-5), Chad will be benched & Clemens will take over for good. There's a good chance that Chad won't be retained after this season, and I'm not sure he should be. It's not that I'm anti-Chad, because I think he gives us the best chance to win. I just don't think that as our team is currently constructed, we have enough to be a serious contender. I don't think we will be a serious contender in the next couple of years if we keep the current group as is. Since I believe that is the case, once we fall out of legit playoff contention, we should try to move Chad, if possible, to a team like the Bears who could be a decent QB away from a championship. Moving a guy like Chad or possibly even Coles while their stock is still high would help expedite the retooling process. Keeping the team as is would have us wallowing in 7-9 to 10-6 mediocrity for a long time.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Double post.

#202 Br4d, Sep 30, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
  3. Br4d

I think NJJets point was that Chad has already missed a game due to injury again.

Chad has started 16 games for the Jets just once in the four seasons since he became established as the starter out of training camp. It'll be one out of five at the end of the year. That kind of injury luck just doesn't go away in the NFL.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There's a reason for that take a look at the Jets QB's over the years.

5. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

Time for kellon t starta nd start looking toward next season's drft and and trades.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That time started with Week 2. Unfortunately, the Jets are the Jets and they stupidly went back to Pennington. I'd say it was absolutely mindless playcalling today if I was not familiar with Pennington's inability to throw deep.

7. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

he threw perfectly well on those two passes to the bills 3rd string corner.....:shit:

8. Br4d

Not inability, choice. Chad chooses to check down instead of taking chances with the ball deep. On a strong team with a good defense that is the wise move. On a mediocre team with a poor defense it's just asking to be taken advantage of.

9. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

trade him for a 1st rounder and some starting pitching for the METS