Proves the point I've said for years.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Boom.
    The critical point of it is that any team, when you give up a starter, a solid player or a HOF caliber player you have ZERO in return until that pick(s) return the same value but as always the fukin JETS have a history of horrible picks so this is why I'm critical but the other point I've been critical on is how the JETS always release/trade when it's time for a young player to get paid. It has been an endless cycle.

They had a chance w/Revis and having their own stadium to build a whole new era but instead took the cheaper route on everything, just like they did every other young JETS player they CHOOSE to not pay. It's a pattern and I hate it.

You can't build a house if you keep using cheap concrete to build the foundation.
    For them they win cause that's 20+ years of cheap while the value of the team grows. That's all this is to them and the fact that people quabble ofver the cap like it's their money is the grift.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's hope. JD extended JFM, is working to extend both Berrios and Fant, and I believe Q. Williams will be extended.

papapump and Royal Tee like this.
  3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I'm really watching this because if it's the same ol then we know for a fact he's just another yes man.
    I'm really hoping we finally get a culture change.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

This is by far the most damning part of Woody's "legacy" as owner of this team.

Quite a few of them turned out to be the right move, but starting with Keyshawn and then continuing with Coles, Abraham, Revis, Richardson, Adams, etc. it has been a seemingly endless cycle of the team's top young talent being shown the door, largely over money. Even though the Adams trade was a good move at the time that looks 10x better now, it stung because it was just the latest example of this.

Obviously actually draft top tier talent has been a challenge, but with that trend of dealing away the young top talent you do have continues, there will never be winning a culture here.

I know there's been chatter in the past about what you could get for Quinnen and I fully understand why there's no rush to extend him. But if you can't keep him here long term, it will be impossible to prove that anything has actually changed or will change.

papapump, Royal Tee and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it would be interesting to see the list of players that lasted 10+ years in a Jets uniform under Woody Johnson’s tenure. I can think of 2- D’Brick & Mangold. Is that all? There’s gotta be more right

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Me too.

Royal Tee likes this.
  7. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

David Harris and Bryan Thomas each played 11.

BrowningNagle and Royal Tee like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree. I said this for years and heard arguments like "The Johnsons aren't cheap. Look at the money they spent on (plug in whomever you want)". But my point wasn't that they didn't occasionally spend big on a FA (L. Bell as a recent example), but that overall they're cheap in the ways you noted. And frankly, the whole sharing a stadium with a team that's our rivals and who historically has gotten all the ink in the NY Metro area, is Exhibit A in how the Johnsons value money over winning. I gave up arguing about it because given how much money they've made they're never going to sell the team, but their cheapness is the primary reason the Jets haven't won anything in their tenure, and likely won't.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I think Brady/NE has ruined me. I no longer crave the one-and-done SB ring (like the Eagles that one freak yr). I don't wanna be SUPER happy for about a week, then live another decade rooting for a cellar dweller. I want the Jets to always be a good team making the PO's yr in and yr out, plus the occasional SB run. When the schedules come out, I want fans of other teams to pencil in an L when they see the Jets.