ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Translation - we don't know anything about Henne.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Kellen Clemens had a year and half behind Chad.

Henne was a winner in college? 1-7 in bowl games and against OSU plus a loss at home to div 1AA App State.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Get used to it. Its all people are going to say about us, QB is a huge question mark and we have no WR's. Its all your gonna here. And we have a huge ? mark at QB and are only weapon is Leon. But who cares what these guys think.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Ya know....Gloria Estefan is now a small part owner of the Phins and they are trying to get Jimmy Buffet involved too.

That right there would be enough for me to switch teams. Ugh.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

On the money.

6. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well whos to say Kellen Clemens isn't a better QB on a different team? It's not like the Jets as an organization have been all that successful from top to bottom. Didn't the Jets have one of the worst Olines in 07? Don't you find it odd that every QB that plays in NY struggles? It's not like it's one or two QB's, it's most of the QB's over the last 8 or so years. At what point does it become the coaches and GM, Never??? Chad Pennington could carry the Jets through the regular season, but the post season exposed the Jets and their lack of coaching.

As for Henne, he posted some very good numbers in his bolw games, it wasn't his play that lost bowl games. Llyod Carr is no longer the HC for a reason.

7. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Sorry we don't have drunks like Joe Namath putting the moves on everyone with a pulse on national TV, like the Jets.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

We know more about Henne than you know about Sanchez, but it doesn't stop Jet fans from thinking Sanchez is a future star.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Well some day you might have that benefit, but until then all you can do is get ready to do the Electric Slide on game day.

P.S. you still haven't answered the question regarding how many yards have been gained as a result of the wildcat. How many points? Anything. At this point I'd accept a picture of a sharp or blunt object. But as usual there's nothing even remotely close to an acknowledgement to the question asked.

All you do is spout off things that sound good in your head and expect us to accept them as the word of authority.

You should just get it over with and do the electric slide.

10. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I read just fine, the point is the wildcat was hardly relevant to our success last year. It played a roll, but a very limited roll, therefore the numbers produced aren't really relevant. You can keep ignoring the facts though because you're trying to knock the Dolphins success and you seem to think the wildcat is that way. Well once again, we didn't run that formation enough to discuss the limited success it genrated.

#90 feelthepain, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  11. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I answered your question several times, just because it's not the way you wanted it answered, that's your problem, not mine.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Are you kidding? Games can be won in a single play, so to discount it as irrelevant is delusional. If it wasn't such a big deal, then why was it more often than not the topic of conversation in regards to the Phins almost every time they were discussed by analysts?

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Several times? You addressed it once. A few minutes ago. Merely saying how many times the play was used was not an acceptable answer to the actual question.

Lets see if this makes sense to you:

1+1 = You have to add one to one to get the answer, and there're 2 digits involved.

Does that seem to answer the actual question of what is 1+1? I don't think it does. I could be wrong. I'm wrong just as much as the next guy, but I'm pretty sure that I'm right this time.

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Did I mention boogy-yoogy-yoogy?

15. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Why? Because it's different and unusual. It's something to talk about. It wasn't why Miami won 11 games. Miami won 11 games because they were disciplined and focused. They were well coached, they made adjustments to what it was the other teams were doing and because Miami did have some talent. Not because we ran the wildcat little more than once a qtr.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Let me answer it for you. I found this on the web in like...12 seconds..

In 3 weeks of using it they scored 6TDs, 244yds, 4 first downs and 10.6 yard per attempt.

That's only in 3 games. Now you tell me Einstein, that it had nothing to do with them winning.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

FTP uses avoidance about as well as anyone I've ever seen. It works well for audiences that are stupid or aren't paying attention, but anyone with half a brain can see right through it. Don't waste your time, he won't change his strategy.

TBJF was another one that practiced avoidance very frequently.

#97 WhiteShoeWillis, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  18. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Again that's your problem not mine. You're capapble of researching the numbers as anyone else if it's so important to you. I keep telling it wasn't why Miami was successful in 08, it was part of the reason, but not nearly as big a part as you want to believe.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hey let's look at this stat:

Week 1 Miami 14 - Jets 20
    Week 2 Miami 10 - Arizona 31
    Week 3 - The first week they used the wildcat
    MIAMI 38 (4 TDs from the wildcat formation = 28 points) - NE 13
    Week 5 Miami 17 SD 10 with the wildcat scoring 1 TD

Let's see, through the first 5 weeks of the year they were only good for 10 to 14 points without the WC.

Now you tell me that it wasn't a large part of their success.

20. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I could say the same about some Jet fans who refuse to understand what it is they're reading. Don't accuse me of avoidance, when I've made it clear many times Miami didn't use the wildcat all that much, I provide the numbers to back up that claim and yet Jet fans refuse to ackowledge the fact that Miami was more successful because of good coaching and their regular offense than they were in the wildcat. It seems to me some Jet fans the the masters of avoidance not a Dolphin fan posting the facts about the 08 season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.