Preseason Schedule Announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Apr 4, 2012.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

What the guy said about 3/12 joiners is spot on.

2. typeOnegative13NY

Its people like you that make jet fans hate the tebow trade. This is NY,while we look forward to what tebow may offer,were not going to bend this team around him. Maybe in Denver not here. And you're following around some guy who has not proven to be a capable starter at any position,don't talk to others like you know football and they don't.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Holy shit, this mook is a fucking PATRIOTS FAN??????

4. abyzmul

When did you start watching football? January 2004?

5. whichfan

whichfan New Member

So let me get this right, the Jets traded for Tebow to help Mark Sanchez out when he struggles at quarterback and traded away Stanton because they believe Tebow is not a proven and capable starter? And the Jets are going to run the Wildcat with a wildcat quarterback, without building around him?

Is that what you are telling me? So...the Jets want to lose?

6. whichfan

whichfan New Member

1996. When did you?

7. abyzmul

1982. Long enough to know not to take someone like you with your complete lack of logic and biased, near-nonsensical argument seriously.

And now that I know you're a multi-fan as well as a fanboy...

... I actually kind of pity you. Interesting turn of events.

8. typeOnegative13NY

Really? Can't you get attention from the other bandwagoneers up in new England?

9. whichfan

whichfan New Member

So you found out that I have the ability to be more objective and all you are is just a fanboy. Good, if that satisfies you, maybe we can move on from the topic of me now.

10. typeOnegative13NY

I look forward to your banisment. Change your name to whichteam

11. abyzmul

Since when was rooting for multiple teams a sign of objectivity?

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No, the Jets traded for Tebow to bring a new element to their offense. Sporano essentially is the Wildcat Godfather and it's clear that he thinks Tebow can excel in that role. If he excels that helps the Jets win and everybody is happy. He isn't being brought in to compete with Mark for the QB job. He's being brought in to make Mark's job easier and take pressure off him.

13. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

When I get home, this is added to the signature, LMFAO!!!

14. whichfan

whichfan New Member

Since reading a lot of your posts and similar others and noticing all the blatant hate, rhetorical forum drivel and bunker mentality and the double standards thrown around at anything and anyone that comes from outside. And certainly since it's easy to notice and pin-point how quickly typical, forum gang mentality gets together and runs rampant attacking anyone that goes against the status quo. It's pretty easy to tell when you enter a new community. From the attack the messenger and not the message to the pot calling the kettle black mentality that screams out loud in one green voice together in unity that "change is not welcomed", along with the multitude of other straw man arguments you love to spearhead, perpetuate, and encourage anytime you get the opportunity especially, when you have no better answer.

Or I could simply say if you had any objectivity, it would be self evident.

#74 whichfan, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  15. typeOnegative13NY

No,this is more of a don't ask,don't tell situation. You shouldn have told

16. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Bullshit.

I'm new and not a single person has attacked or singled out me when I first joined. Furthermore, there are plenty of Pats/Dolphins posters who aren't jumped on for no reason. First ones who come to mind is CJLang and etc.

Stupid shit said? Not tolerated, but you're not being singled out because you're an "outsider" or new, trust me.

17. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It's you - the Patriots/Panthers/Tebow/Football fan - who lacks objectivity because you can't even comprehend that the Jets could be planning to use Tebow only as a change of pace QB for 5-10 plays a game.

And you can't accept that a pre season game is not put on national television to showcase some perceived old college BS rivalry between players that most NFL don't even know about or care about.

18. whichfan

whichfan New Member

How can you be this oblivious to everything that's going on around you? I didn't say it was because of the college rivalry, I said it was because it's Tebow vs Newton and yeah that relationship plays a part in it and it will be talked about and drummed up by the media. Do you honestly believe that the NBC would put a Jets-Panthers game on Prime Time, one of the most boring and uninteresting match-ups in the NFL, if it wasn't for Tebow and Newton? Prime Time games are picked for ratings. There is nothing about the Panthers and the Jets in the preseason that would create huge ratings and would deserve a prime time slot if it wasn't for Tebow and Newton.

You must have missed the #1 most marketable athlete in the USA news. And Newton, who is also one of the most marketable athlete in the NFL right now, who's mentioned just about every single time the words "Tebow" or "spread option" are thrown around.

And I don't know how it is in NY, but as far as the Panthers go, I promise you no one would give a crap about a Panthers -Jets game in the south. The rivalries they have outside of their division are the Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots, Giants, and most recently Cardinals and there's a huge Steelers fan base in the south. And they do have a Steelers pre-season game, and if they wanted to give the Panthers a prime time game it would be that one.

And to further prove my point, the moment it was announced:

I'm sorry, but that's how the nation and the media sees it. Why is it that everyone else gets it?

And I can comprehend that unlikely possibility, because it makes 0 sense, but some of you can't possibly comprehend the alternative. Like I said, I see some heads exploding.

#78 whichfan, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

agreed. Everyone was fine to me when I joined too.

20. whichfan

whichfan New Member

No I know, it's because I support Tebow and I see him as the potential future starting QB for the NY Jets. That's the reason.