Pre-Camp 53 Man Roster Prediction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KleckoNamathToon, Aug 1, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not sure I could consider giving TRich any meaningful carries. The last time was saw him carry the ball effectively was for 1 game in 2008. Since the end of 2009/10, he was allowed to walk, the Jets flirted with Lorenzo Neal, and the Jets drafted a fullback.

I think that while signing TRich back means he still has a little left in the tank, I think this is a direct indictment of what few skills he still possesses - more like he will be sharing duties and trying to get Conner up to speed. No way do I give a guy like that platoon carries.

The Jets are taking a chance by going into the season with Greene/LT/McKnight, but every team does that with runningbacks. If it pays off, sweet, if it doesn't there's a solid chance that Greene keeps getting hurt and I can see the team bring in a turd like Lendale White for a big sets.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly. No reason to worry about runningback now. We have three guys who bring different talents to the table at halfback. If the offensive line is great, we can plug guys off the street and do well. Maybe Chauncey Washington is available. Maybe Lendale White or Brian Westbrook. Maybe some talented guys are let go in cut-down period due to the numbers game. We'll see.

But if Greene gets hurt, LT and McKnight can probably carry the load just as TJ and Leon did last year. If LT gets hurt, Greene and McKnight become a nice inside/outside combo. A lot is being put on McKnight's shoulders in case of an injury, but we drafted him in the 4th round, and runningbacks can contribute more than most positions as rookies.

Still, I can't stress enough, if holes are there, anyone at this level can run through them and make a few plays. Obviously super talents can do more than JAGs, but the offensive line makes the runningback far more than the other way around.