Pouha Could Miss Season Opener

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by b.reyes16, Sep 3, 2012.

1. joejamfootball

According to Rich Cimini " Pouha very iffy for season opener" but another reporter reporting the same news says "Sione expects to play on Sunday" so same news reported 2 different ways. I am sick of Cimini. I know he is a curse word around here but I seriously want him reporting a different team. Glass half empty half full scenario. With Cimini the glass is always half empty. Always negative. I'm sick of his negativity. That's how he reports and he needs to be fired for it.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Where did you hear he might not start. Everything I hear says he will.

3. SecondHandJets

I'm honestly more interested in seeing how many snaps Coples gets. He's supposedly only going to play 3rd downs, but against the spread with the success he has had against Glenn... it'll be a shame if he's not in on 75% of the plays.

4. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

anyone remember Wally Pipp? ha ha, but seriously I'm very confident in Ellis.

5. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

If Pouha misses the first game, and then is slow catching up, he migt lose his Starting spot right away.

That beeing said, canĀ“t hurt to have him in there. And i can see us using Ellis all around the line, like the Ravens do with Ngata.

Wilks-Pouha-Ellis
    -Harris-Scott-

sounds like a tough job for the OL to get that yard inside on 3rd and 1

6. lamont_jordan_rules

... was very happy with ellis flashing this preseason ... and i am excited to see him get touches throughout the year ...

... pouha not being there will def be a dropoff ...

l_j_r

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I like Pouha, he's steady and reliable, but he's also not a special player either. I'm not knocking him, just stating my perception. But, that's judging him as a 3-4 NT and not a 4-3 DT.

Ellis has a real chance to be special, not saying he will be special, but he does have a really good chance to be. He would have been a 1st rounder had it not been for his legal issues. Of course, a lot of players never achieve their potential so who knows.

8. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

how has Ellis played the 3-4 end ? anyone notice

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

No big deal, IMO.

This time last year it would be, but with the play of Kenrick Ellis this Preseason, it's no big deal. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Pouha is a cap-cut next off-season alongside Calvin Pace and perhaps Bart Scott. Ellis has been a force in the middle.

Also, Buffalo likes to spread teams out and the NT, Ellis or Pouha, will probably see no more than 20-25 snaps on Sunday.

10. Bill Belidouche

Kenrick Ellis is the next Kris Motherfucking Jenkins.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It shocks me that even a single jet fan is remotely concerned about playing the Bills.

If we took a poll of the one team we want to open the season against, it be the Bills.

Nothing wrong with starting out the season with an easy W.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

We just match up well enough to not be concerned and we have had success the past years sO no I'm not worried.

/waiting for the bill trolls

13. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

Kinda sux but rather have him at 100% then play hurt and NOT be at 100% ALL YEAR, just my opinion . . . . .

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The way Ellis has been playing, I think we'll be alright. Sure it would be great to have both, but I can't really argue about Ellis getting more play time.