Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. laxin

laxin Active Member

What about when Glazer said earlier today that the Jets are practically begging someone to be there GM?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The tweet I posed was directly after that - clarifying why.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    While I think Jets will hire some1 quickly for GM job, they have been getting rebuffed a lot and gone back to some asking them to reconsider

Calling back candidates who already turned them down clearly means they aren't that high on the candidates still out there. Not good.

4. Realistic Jets Fan

I answered your question the first time you asked it...http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2701584#post2701584

maybe you could consider reading it before launching an unprovoked barrage of namecalling personal attacks

#544 Realistic Jets Fan, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

sounds more like his opinion than any kind of fact.

6. alleycat9

oh great your one of those guys... whining about personal attacks. hey wait a second werent you jsut warned earlier today about personal attacks?

your name is quickly becoming one i recognize.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Agree to disagree. He specifically spoke to what candidates are supposedly saying. Glazer doesn't bullshit like a lot of the clowns on twitter.

8. alleycat9

im cool with that. if he is the guy i am thinking about he is always bragging about his great sources and is always talking about how he was on the phone with "his guys" blah blah.

a real braggard about his so called contacts.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed on Glazer.

I admit I was wrong. I really thought GM candidates would stay away because Rex was being forced on them. That doesn't appear to be the case.

On the other hand, GM jobs are hard to come by and candidates are taking a pass based on a variety of other reasons. That's disconcerting.

It really bugs me that the Jets are contacting people that already turned them down. If they loved any of the remaining candidates, that wouldn't be the case.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am long past the point of believing they will be able to get anybody any good but that still may be an improvement as Tannernbaum was total shit.

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He wasn't total shit, but he mismanaged the offensive roster the last two years

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He mismanaged the entire roster. Look how top heavy we are with the cap distribution and how screwed we are with the cap.

13. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I think the Rex Woody love afair has done more damage then poeple on here want to admit. Plus the outragous contracts the glorifed accountant wrote for us. Nobody creditable, or relavent wants any part of this salary cap hampered team. The team we love is considered damaged goods. Woody and Rex have created a mess. Lean times ahead

#553 Jets1035, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Our defensive depth chart is fine. We'll move away from our aging LB's, but he's done a good job finding guys to replace them. If you want to say he mismanaged the cap then fine, but he wasn't 100% awful

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

RJFAN --my bad I had not seen your post.:beer:

LTJETFAN----you don't want to agree that Rex being forced on guys and staying head coach has made candidates say NO or flat out turn down the trip ? Are you sitting in on these interviews ? I don't say that is THE ONLY REASON but it is without question one of the reasons .Once again I gladly agree to disgree

16. Realistic Jets Fan

No idea who you are talking about. I apologized for that comment.

17. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Rex still being here has got to be a negative consideration for
    any and all potential GM candidates. Picking your own coach is one of the critical
    ways that a GM can put his stamp on the identity of the team he's running.

18. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I can believe some candidates were not interested. This job isn't going to be for everyone for a lot of reasons, Rex, cap, no QB also don't underestimate the pressure of New York. First time GM's better be pretty confident. Caldwell, Tolesco appear to be small market guys. I expect will hear something in the next few days and then everyone can bitch about why "their" guy was not chosen.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if their were some candidates that didn't want a position that didn't allow them to pick their own HC. Their haven't been any reports of that being the case yet you and others are saying it IS the case without any facts to back it up. You're also taking it to the extreme by saying that's the main reason we don't have a gm.

I like to pay attention to people and sources who I believe are reliable sources of the truth based on experience. You do not seem to be a source of truth IMO. You seem more like an over reactionary fan who likes to make negative assumptions and try to spread them as truth. Just my opinion.

20. PearsonJones

PearsonJones New Member

I just hope, that who ever gets the job, fans get behind him. Because at the moment it looks like people want to take a swipe at everything.