Potential GM Candidates (Update: Idzik Officially Hired)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 31, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Which potential candidate said they had a problem with rex?

what "conditions" is woody adding?

I like to deal in reality and with facts. If these things are true, it's not good, but people keep saying them without backing them up with facts. Glazer is one of the most trusted and respected reporters out their. He's specifically said Rex is NOT what is scaring candidates away.

So stop making shit up. If you have some facts, please share them. Otherwise you sound like you're just trying to push an agenda.

2. Realistic Jets Fan

I'll ask you your question now cbg

are there any of the reported candidates that you like?

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

I would much rather Popp, Gamble, Ross even Idzik.

I want a football guy that knows how to spot talent.

4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

nothing wrong w/challenges but they should not be challenges created internally by management...therein lies the problem

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

where else would the challenges come from? the job is open because the last guy fucked it up. now who has the right combination of balls and brains to step in,roll up his sleeves and take a swing at getting this fixed?

6. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

If we get Angelo, Lovie is a possibility in 2014, Khan becomes the GM and Cowher would be a possibilty in 2014, Cohen will mean more Rex. I like Rex but he's holding the franchise back

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Former Broncos GM Ted Sundquist interviewed late last week in New York for Jets GM job.

Denver Broncos
    Sundquist joined the Broncos in 1993 as a scout as Player Personnel Assistant (1992-1994), Director of Scouting from 1995-2001 and then promoted to General Manager.
    At the age of 33 Sundquist served as College Scouting Director and was in that role during the Broncos' back-to-back Super Bowl wins in 1997 and 1998. He supervised pro and college scouting, and was responsible for salary cap and contract analysis. Sundquist was promoted to GM in 2002 by owner Pat Bowlen after being pursued by both the Chicago Bears and Atlanta Falcons organizations. He was also a finalist for the President position with the Seattle Seahawks in 2004. He started at GM with five consecutive winning seasons, a franchise record. Sundquist left the Broncos following a 7-9 record in 2007 Denver Broncos season.[1]

8. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

I'd take Kahn. The Steelers have been a stable, first class franchise for decades and he's seen how it works. You can always hire a good personnel guy to help choose players and with our cap situation, we kind of need a good numbers guy.

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

If there's no GM opening, what position would Jets offer to a good personnel guy? Also, without rank of GM, how much influence would this "good personnel" guy have when it comes to drafting & choosing FA?

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

What about Mel Kiper or Todd McShay

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Sounds like Sundquist might fit this bill.

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

For a franchise as successful as Denver has been over the last 15 years, Sundquist happened to be the GM for pretty much their worst period (2002-2007). He's a total retread. Pass.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I want Rex to feel the wrath of Khan...........

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

LTjetfan---If you want to disagree with me thats fine--my facts are NO ONE HAS TAKEN the job yet. You want to say they have not offered it to anyone,ok I'll buy that but if you do not think that these conditions ( keeping Rex is one of them )Woody has set are preventing us from getting a GM or eliminated guys I will gladly disagree with you again !

Why would GM candidates NOT EVEN WANT TO COME IN and decline right off the bat ? I am sure more will come out as time passes, but I will say it again Woody should have brought in a football guy to run the whole thing as the football guy saw fit. I still believe Cohen will be their puppet, yes man, choice UGH it pains me to write and read that :sad:

UN REALISTIC JET FAN --- Even though you have answered zero questions of mine and continued to prove what a homer you are I will answer you
    THE 3 GUYS WANTED
    Gamble
    Caldwell
    Dorsey

I will ask you again RJFAN so far all is well in JETVILLE as your posts say,,I asked you once I will ask 1 more time what candidates so far were BAD choices ? I take it you love all the guys picked and when Cohen is the final choice I gigle when you tell us what a great pick he is---Take off the Green glasses and let me know .

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you have no facts to support the bullshit you keep spewing. Thanks for confirming.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer
    Rex isn't what GM candidates are concerned with - their cap situation, personnel, QB and the circus turned a lot of candidates off

16. AlToon

AlToon Member

Sundquist wrote this

For either young player to thrive this season it will be important that the Jets be upfront and communicate with both exactly what their role will be. To trade for a 46.5% QB with an 8-8 record and ask him to push a 56.7% incumbent with an 8-8 record, that doesn’t make much football sense.

Square pegs + round holes = don’t fit.

But if the Jets are looking to maximize the inherent qualities of both players to strengthen their 13th rated offense in 2011, it’s never too early to clue both players in on that “developmental plan”. Otherwise NYJ will likely enter 2012 with two “head cases” under center.

http://tedsundquist38.com/2012/03/26/note-to-ny-jets-never-too-early-for-a-sancheztebow-plan/

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No reports have ever reported that Rex was the reason why a couple canidates declined to interview.

Heckert - Cap Situation

Decosta - Ozzie's replacement

Rex has nothing to do with it. The Jets have interviewed 14-15 people now, so I think it is safe to say they are just being extremely serious with their GM search. They are taking their time on purpose and there is nothing wrong with that.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

jay glazer is a douche. and what exactly makes his opinion any more or less important that anyone elses? well other than he is a douche.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Glazer isn't the only one to report this exact same thing, it's been cycled along mulitple times now.

It's common sense that Rex has nothing to do with the canidates that are being looked into right now, they already understand that Rex is part of the package. If it was a problem, none of these guys would be interviewing in the first place.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's not his opinion, he's reporting facts. He's not like a lot of the twittersphere itching to be the first to post news. He posts news only when it's fact, from what I've seen.