POSSIBLE Snowstorm Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaywayne12, Dec 16, 2009.

1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

GAME ON!!!! :beer:

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I for one am hoping the snow is falling during the game. I always love seeing the highlights of the snow games and it would be great to finish out Giants(kills me to write that) Stadium with one of our own!

3. kaboom

kaboom Member

Not sure what I'm going to do.

I come down from the Hartford, CT area, a ~ 2 hour drive in ideal conditions.
    The latest Hartford weather states, snow starting at 4-5 pm today and ending between 11am-12 noon on Sunday, with ~ 15" accumulation.

My plan had been to clear the driveway around 7am and leave around 8:30am as I thought that the snow would be largely done by then.

Still undecided, if I knew that routes (like Merritt, or 84 to 684) would be moving at at least 50 mph I'll go. Does anyone know a good real time website that would show real time traffic info like this.

I'm willing to endure an extra hour and a half drive, but will pass if I think it will be the trip from hell.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I come from just NW of you in Mass. I am taking rte 8 to 84 to 684 to tappan zee to the palisades in order to avoid 95 and the snow. It is supposed to be worse along the H2O.

I would go the way I'm going if I were u.

5. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

First Jets game tomorrow, blizzard or not, I'll be there with friends tailgating as early as possible.

6. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

is anyone else taking the train that doesn't normally take the train? Im sort of bugging.

7. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

yup i'm taking the train from denville, forget about driving lol

8. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

eagles/niners game has been moved to 4:15 now. I wonder if our game is next.

9. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

is hte jets game at 1pm or 4:15pm? the missus heard on the tv this morning, not sure who from, that the game would be moved...she might have heard wrong.....anyone know for sure or if when a decision would be made, if any?

10. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I'm on the fence on this LIRR to Penn then NJ Transit. I've never done it but I have friends that do it all the time and love it.

11. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Here's some pictures from Northern Virginia (just outside DC). This was BEFORE the heaviest stuff came down. I shoveled for 3 hours this morning (we had about a foot then) and now it doesn't even look like I shoveled at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I've never taken it, but I'm going with my dad and he did earlier this season.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Great picture, my buddy lives in VA, he just called me to let me know they have received 15" so far. Sorry you have to shovel man, I gave up on that 3 years ago bought an Ariens snow blower, no matter how much snow I get, 15-20 minutes and I'm back inside.

14. kaboom

kaboom Member

Thanks for the advise "Pats-Hater".

I know that the you pick up the Palisades shortly after going over the Tappan Zee.

Does the Palisades dump you into the Meadowlands or do you take to 95 and then to the Meadowlands from there?

Thanks again

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

I want to tailgate tomorrow but my dad and sister are saying hell no

16. jetsbabe68

jetsbabe68 New Member

I'm tailgating but I'm definitely not lugging the grill... Would love to meet up with some of you guys tomorrow. I'm normally around Gate D, Lot 18... Let me know!

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

NO. Palisades to Fort Lee -- Follow directions to the turnpike from there.

You'll be in the parking lot 15 minutes after you get off the Palisades...

18. HOI

HOI Active Member

I think its going to end up getting moved. I read that they moved the Bears/Ravens game as well to a 4:15 start. At some point I sure they are going to declare a state of emergency.

I live in Monmouth County at the beach and it is fucking nuts here. Snowing 2-3 inches an hour and the wind is starting to pick up. Its probably blowing 30mph now predicted to get to 50 or so. The drifts are crazy. Some spots you can still see the ground but there is about a 5 foot drift running up my garage. The ocean is getting ugly too. I've lived here my entire life...so far I'd put it up there with the 96 and 2003 Presidents day storms.

I'll be home tomorrow watching the game. To all those who are going...give yourself extra time, and take things slow. Better to get there a little late and miss kickoff than hurry and get hurt. Be safe!!

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Holy Hell. I can't wait until that makes its way up here.
    At least someone is having fun.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Where in Jersey are you? I was supposed to drive back home to Manasquan, but that ain't happening.