POLL: This is the year Jets will win AFC East. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 30, 2024.

?

Jets will win AFC East

Poll closed Saturday at 11:51 AM.
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. I can't decide because I am a pussy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This is definitely the safe bet.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

One thing I don’t see many people talking about is Tua's drastic weight loss. Before last season, he gained a bunch of muscle mass to see if that would keep him from getting injured and it seemed to be the thing that actually worked. This off-season there were reports he lost it all on purpose and is unrecognizable. I wouldn’t be surprised if the injuries crop up again for him and the dolphins therefore don’t win as many games. Don’t know why he’d do that.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey. Assuming no key injuries to Jets and Bills what are your thoughts on both teams win totals? A range is also OK.

4. Bills over Jets

I think barring injuries the bills should be around 10 wins or so, maybe 11. Anything above that and they overachieved imo. I think 10-12 would be the min and max assuming no injury to Allen.

The jets are so hard for me to get a grasp on. I could see a range of outcomes that goes from total disaster to one of the best teams in the afc. I don’t even think we will know who the jets truly are half way through the year, because anything can happen with this team. Maybe this is unfair, but I won’t believe in the jets until they win a playoff game. They can start off 8-1, or even win the division, and I will not get on board for a number of reasons, mostly centered around “the jets are gonna jets” kind of like the cowboys. If they win a playoff game then I’ll start believing they’re a threat. If it helps, I feel the same about the Bills tbh. Until they win the afc championship I can’t believe they are a threat until they actually do it. Then I’ll get excited.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  5. Brook!

Thanks. If no injuries to both teams I expect Bills to win 10-11 games. I also expect Jets to win 11-12 wins.

It is a toss up but as long as Rodgers isn't hurt I think Jets will win the division. I expect Dolphins to take a step back and be in the 8-9 win range to be honest

Nyjets4eva and BradysTornACL like this.
  6. Bills over Jets

The jets could certainly do that, but in the wide range out outcomes, in order for that to happen, basically everything has to go well for them. Rodgers has to stay healthy, then he has to play at a level from 3-4 years ago. He and the coaches have to be in sync throughout his first full season. His offensive line has to stay healthy (a giant if). If they don’t, their rookies and backups have to come in and play at a high level for a rookie which is difficult to do right away. Mike Williams has to stay healthy, and if he does, be productive (he gets hot and then disappears for entire parts of the season). Hackett has to greatly improve and show he’s worth a damn (I can’t remember the last time this happened). Saleh has to make smart decision all game long, all season long (has that ever happened?). There can’t be any media controversies along the way which derail the season, etc etc. That is certainly within the range of outcomes, it’s just a lot that has to go right, if that makes sense.

jets_fan and Brook! like this.
  7. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

You sure that you're not a Jets fan?

Brook! likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think anyone in Miami is concerned over that "drastic" 6% weight loss. "Unrecognizable"? Slow season in Buffalo? Why not just give construction updates on your new building instead of making a big deal out of nothing?

Why has Tua Tagovailoa lost weight this offseason? We explain Dolphins' reasoning | FOX Sports

9. Brook!

Seems like it no? :)

Kidding aside he is a solid Bills fan but also knows a ton about the Jets and Jets fan base. But he is still a stinking Bills fan :)

10. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

four years ago, rodgers was league mvp
    three years ago, rodgers was league mvp

the hyperbole is unnecessary

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I voted yes but only because I think Rodgers will override moron Hackett. If he just executes the plays called by their idiot OC they will NOT win the east.

Josh Allen the last few years is better than Rodgers BUT with a weak WR corp this year I think Rodgers will be better this year. Teams will corral Allen so his legs won't be the weapon this year they were in the past when his WR group was far better.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope Rodgers can but he's never done it before. Matt LaFleur was running the offense when Rodgers won MVP, not Hackett.

barfolomew and jets_fan like this.
  13. Bills over Jets

You must not watch/read/listen to sports news, because its literally everywhere. Here's Pat McAfee, the guy with the largest following in pro sports, stating he looks "unrecognizable."

Florio reporting its become a major talking point at Dolphins minicamp:
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...oss-becomes-a-major-talking-point-at-minicamp

NY Post calling his weight loss "stunning:"
    https://nypost.com/2024/06/05/sport...-lipped-about-stunning-offseason-weight-loss/

Colin Cowherd discussing it, and calling the weight loss "alarming:"
    https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/c...-calls-out-tua-tagovailoa-on-his-weight-loss/

His own wide receiver said he doesnt like it and wants him to bulk back up:

Dolphins fans discussing it:
    https://dolphinstalk.com/2024/06/tua-tagovailoa-looks-unrecognizable-after-major-weight-loss/

So, do you also think all these people are "making a big deal out of nothing" or do you think that perhaps you just are living under a rock and weren't aware of the topic? I'm going with the latter. Tua is a guy who had major injuries in college, major injuries in the pro's, and people discussed him having to potentially retire. Then, he gains a bunch of weight before last season in an attempt to cushion his body a little more and stays healthy for the first time and has a great season. Now, he loses all of that and goes back to the weight he was at when he was nearly forced to retire. You can tell yourself this isn't a big deal, but no one else agrees with you. Its a story to watch, especially since he's in a contract year.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Tua has had problems with concussions. You can't bulk up your brain. That whole thing was stupid, he was too fluffy last season.

totally an exaggerated story either way

Ralebird likes this.
  15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

100% ABSO-freakin'-lutely!!!! As much as I hate to admit it, the Dolphins are LOADED. At the very least, on offense. Shit man...when was the last time you saw anyone hang 70 on ANY NFL team...no matter how bad? It's been since before my lifetime. You have to go all the way back to 1966! So, are they making a big deal out of this? Damn right they are because there is NOTHING else to talk about. They should win the division in a walk if they stay healthy. I know...I know...sacrilege. I'm just speaking the truth.

16. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

You forget about Buffafo? Dolphins are no slouch either. Don't expect much from this team this year. If something good comes from it, then it will be a pleasant surprise.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes. I absolutely believe that a big deal is being made of nothing, especially by McAfee who has created a career of making big deals about nothing. The rest are simply chiming in for fear of missing out.

It may flabbergast you that a headline writer for the New York Post used the word "stunning" - I am not so easily impressed.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I agree on the Dolphins talent, they are loaded. But something is off about that team. They exhibit a lack of discipline and urgency

mezzavo likes this.
  19. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I can certainly appreciate that. This is going to be a very interesting season. If the Jets can stay relatively healthy, especially Rodgers, they "should" be in the mix. If Rodgers goes down, I don't care if we had the best backup ever, if Hackett is calling the plays then the offense is screwed.

NY Jets68, westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If Rodgers goes down again, they should let him get a leg up on any potential future coaching career and name him the OC the rest of the way. We would be in far better hands with him and Tyrod running the show than we were last year with the Wilson and Hackett combination.

mezzavo likes this.