POLL: This is the year Jets will win AFC East. Do you agree?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jun 30, 2024.

?

Jets will win AFC East

Poll closed Sep 14, 2024.
  1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. I can't decide because I am a pussy.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Miami has the most explosive offense in our division still. Their receivers and RBs are sick. Their Achilles heel though will be their oline… again.

I’m not worried about the bills offense. Once they fired Dorsey as OC mid season and replaced him with Brady, the bills fazed diggs out immediately and had extreme success when doing that. They ran the ball (and ran it well) and utilized Shakir and Kincaid. Shakir out-produced diggs the rest of the season on only a third of the targets. I am very excited about Shakir this year, I haven’t seen RAC like that since Andre Reed. The bills will run the ball and I think Kincaid and Shakir will dominate passing targets, with Samuel, Coleman and MVS sprinkled in. I’m not counting on anything from claypool until he actually does it.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

To BE the best, you have to BEAT the best.

So until we show we can beat the Bills and the Dolphins, we can talk all we want and hope all we want but it has to happen on the field.

I think our roster, if healthy, can definitely compete with both of those teams. Our D is very good, and if we can get some kind of contribution from the O, the defense will be that much better.

We have the horses…they just gotta stay healthy and prove it on the field.

But until I see it happen I won’t be holding my breath…

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Then it's not going to happen. No NFL team is going to keep all its players healthy - it just doesn't happen. Every team needs to "prove it on the field" and part of that is compensating for injuries, something the Jets have been unable or unwilling to do recently.

Some teams will be luckier than others regarding the number and severity of injuries, but all will get hit - a fact of life. Building in excuses while making predictions for the full season is meaningless.

JetsNation06, westiedog1 and jets_fan like this.
  4. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

This + a couple of dozen Shalalalah's

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yah…I think we’re not saying anything different…of course injuries are going to happen. They always do. But they don’t always hit the starting QB 4 plays in. Nor do they always decimate a single position like we had with OL. But yeah, if we are pressed into a prediction, then I’d say I expect us to be a playoff team, but I’m not very confident we can win the division. Because we are at a higher injury risk to key positions than say, Buffalo or Miami. We have an old QB coming off injury. We have an old LT who hasn’t played a full season in a long time. We have a RT also coming off injury. We have our WR2 coming off injury. Chances are we will have injury issues again.

I’m hoping Smith doesn’t miss too many games. I’m hoping AR can play a full season. I’m hoping Mike Williams comes back strong.

But that’s a lot of hoping.

So no, if pressed, I wouldn’t bet that we win the division.

NY Jets68 and Ralebird like this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Jets are also banking on a bunch of players on offense to be slap dicked together by a below average coaching staff and find some continuity playing with each other.

Football is as much about working as a cohesive unit as anything. That comes with repetition and playing together which they will basically have one training camp (which is now extremely abbreviated because of the CBA) to find that. Versus the Dolphins and Bills that both have good coaching staffs, the Bills with an elite passer, and continuity along the offense in at least some places.

AndyDrums, mattyd99, abyzmul and 3 others like this.
  7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Let's not forget, if current weather patterns hold, I'd be willing to bet that many practices will be cancelled or abbreviated due to the extreme heat and/or violent weather we are seeing this summer. My guess is many training camps get impacted thus reducing the amount of practice time as well.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Don't teams have indoor practice facilities at TC. They could practice indoors where the weather isn't a factor.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t think they’re cancelling anything. The Jets have a bubble to go into if it gets that bad as I’d guess most every team in the league has.

NCJetsfan and GREG like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Jets have about as much continuity as you can ask for though. A 41 year old QB who has played in this system forever. 3rd year returners at RB and WR and veterans at TE and both tackle positions.

They need to execute

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I think our offensive coaching staff is a HUGE liability and shouldn’t be overlooked. Last year we saw very clearly that Hackett is a fraud, like most of us expected. Without AR calling the plays and changing them at the OL, Hackett was at a total loss for what to do. He was exposed.

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I cannot believe almost half the respondents think the Jets will win the AFC East. I mean, bless your hearts. But to me, that's like Flat-Earther level of delusion.

13. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am taking receipts my friend and your name goes on top of the list. Lol :)

mezzavo and sozopol like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We're trying to make it happen by willing it into existence! LOL

sozopol likes this.
  15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Division is ours to lose this year

16. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Disagree. It's the Bills division to lose since they have won it 4 years in a row. Someone has to prove it on the field they can take it away from them as talk is cheap and that includes the Jets. Until they do, they shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt from anyone. Also, we are counting on a 40-year-old QB who's best days are behind him coming off a serious Achillies injury to stay healthy all year. What could go wrong there.

17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Considering this team has only won the division twice in its history, and only once with 10+ wins (which it will absolutely take this year to even be in contention for it), there’s no reason to believe they will win it until they actually prove it on the field, which is doubtful at best that they will given the injury issues and lack of leadership this franchise currently has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

If they stay HEALTHY, something they have not done for years now, Then ultimately YES. This roster is loaded with talent

Nyjets4eva and westiedog1 like this.
  19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Exactly!

20. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think we will come in third maybe fourth.
    Fuck you bickety

jets_fan and BrowningNagle like this.