Poll/Christmas Wish List: Who Should Our QB Be Next Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 24, 2022.

?

All I want for Christmas is:

1. Mike White

51.5%
  2. Zach Wilson

3.0%
  3. Jimmy Garoppolo

9.1%
  4. Gardner Minshew

12.1%
  5. Jacoby Brissett

2.0%
  6. Derek Carr

14.1%
  7. Aaron Rodgers

15.2%
  8. Tom Brady

2.0%
  9. Lamar Jackson

9.1%
  10. Other

14.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's a really sad state of affairs, when as a fanbase you get excited about signing another teams back up QB, who isn't any better than your current, back up/starter in White, I suppose Minchew is kinda like another Ryan Fitzpatrick

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Logically.

Mike White.

He's on the roster, should be affordable, has shown a lot of potential In this scheme. Easy to picture It because of all of those things, etc.....

Outside of that. I wouldn't really be thrilled with any of the other options.

So, I went, other... I'd have to really invest time into thinking about It, my brain and heart can't handle that any time soon.

Final answer.

NYJetsO12, Br4d, Borat and 1 other person like this.
  3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

No, but for real, Tom Brady.

[​IMG]

abyzmul likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

White, Minshew, Carr, Jimmy G.

Not necessarily in that order.

Jackson is incredibly unlikely and Brady/Roger’s have had big statistical drop offs year over year even if they’re still better than what we’ve had. As a 1 year rental perhaps but what will the cost be?

Carr has posted solid numbers every year he’s been in the league and he’s only missed a few games. He’ll be expensive but he could sure up the position for 3-5 years I’d imagine. That’s a good window to make some runs and actually develop a young QB somewhere along the way.

Jimmy G. Has produced less and been injured more than Carr, so he’d be my last choice based on what he’ll probably cost.

Minshew would come in to compete for the starting position.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He’s durable, consistent, and productive. He’s exactly what we need right now. Dependable guy who can put some points on the board.

Jimmy G has some injury issues and hasn’t produced like Carr.
    Minshew is sort of an unknown.
    Rogers/Brady would be incredibly expensive and are at ages where they could be a season away from hitting the wall.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

This is not at all unfair. That's kind of who he is, though a more consistent and less gunslinger version of Fitz. Hes no one's HoF candidate but he reads the D, is mobile enough, delivers passes on time and is durable. He's played in a number of systems and produced capably in all, mainly without a great deal of talent around him. If he can produce 60-65% completion, average 200 yards a game or thereabouts and a 2/1 TD/Int ratio (which I think he can) I'm good with that for a couple of years. 17 games of that and it's one of the best QB seasons for the Jets in recent memory - which just shows how putrid the position has been. If there's a better option that shakes free then go for it, but if not Minshew can do the job. If he'd been QB this year the Jets are probably looking at 2-3 more wins.

7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

That’s a loaded question lol

8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So what you’re saying you need is maybe a couple WC births at best? That’ll satisfy you? What we need right now is a franchise QB. And we need to do everything we can to get one until we actually have one. Keep failing till we get one.

9. doodad

doodad New Member

Actually, it sort of is.. for the Jets now.
    But I'm optimistic, seriously. So I say skip the 'top draft picks' at least for the near future.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

10. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I would bring Minshew in for a look and he can compete with White. He's a gamer and has a decent feel for the position. Probably cheaper too.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…it’s actually sad how absolutely terrible our QB situation is that getting someone like Minshew would be a hug3 step up…

we were fucked as soon as we beat the Rams … we can’t even lose correctly…

that was a one QB draft and we got the second pick

and no, I’m not sold on Fields…he’s a great runner and I’m not sold he’ll develop into a great QB

12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s like you tried to read my mind based on my comment and failed miserably.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, it’s going to be Carr. I love Mike White but he can’t seem to stay healthy. Sure, a better oline can limit that but QBs are going to get hit regardless. Same thing with Jimmy G. He’s another guy who can’t seem to stay healthy. Brady is a wildcard but he’s 46 lol Knowing our luck, he’ll break down the moment he signs here

Carr feels like the obvious choice. I don’t think this regime will trade or cut Zach. But they’re going to make him sit and watch for the next few years while Carr plays QB.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I see both Zach (limited trade value) and White (backup) staying.

Jackson would be great but it ain't happening. Brady would be wierd and I don't see it.

Therefore we are in the rental market. I'd like Rodgers on a two year deal but don't think it is realistic. He will stay in Green Bay for life. Of the remainder Garapollo looks the best scheme fit and they know him well but he is flimsy. So it will be him.

#54 UK_Chilts, Dec 25, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If Mike White grows a cool mustache and/or beard he gets the job!

abyzmul likes this.
  16. heartpumpsgreen

heartpumpsgreen Active Member

Call me crazy but wouldn't a Sam Darnold / Mike White combo work. Both have proven to very steady game managers at the least, both have potential to be more than that...

Also a fan of the Minshew/White combo. I do think Minshew is slightly overrated. He doesnt make the throws that MW can.

17. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I want Mike White this Christmas. Don't know if that's possible given his injuries.

This Miami Green Bay game makes Mike White important for the present.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That just might do it. That and a guitar.

dmw likes this.
  19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'll settle for a Fu Manchu, shaggy hair, and a fur coat. Oh yeah, white shoes too. :cool:

Brook! and dmw like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good Post! To your Point about Lamar J..we should definitely check his back up Huntley who is 2-1 ..Carr is also on the Table but this year regressed a bit from 2021..Minshew had a good game yesterday and is competitor

Otherwise gimme Mike White the Clubhouse Hero wearing 2 Flak Jackets and we good to go

#60 NYJetsO12, Dec 25, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022