Polite-william william anderson = best jets line ever?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Samuscdarnoldfollower, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I regret I have not been given the gift of clairvoyance you have.

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Study the past, and you, too, will be able to identify the ridiculous! I have faith in you, Ralebird!

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My broker continues to remind me that past performance is no guarantee of future results. I believe him.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

Despite not thinking there's a chance that the 2019 line will be the best in franchise history, I am a big fan of the Q. Williams pick. I think he has the potential to be one of the best DTs to ever play. I like the Polite pick, but I would have picked Ferguson, myself.

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

What give you that indication? His 56 career tackles and his 10 career sacks in 24 college games?

6. TwoHeadedMonster

I do too!

I just think the odds are very much against this. I think Gregg Williams will field a much improved Defense in 2019. I don't think two rookies are going be elevate this line THAT much--best Jets line ever is a pretty high bar.

I doubt the same 4 personnel will be around in 2 or 3 years, but two or three of them could be a part of the Jets best-ever line a few years from now. They certainly have potential.

7. TwoHeadedMonster

Game film. DTs can have a massive impact without generating numbers. I have posted elsewhere about how much of an impact Kris Jenkins had with the Jets in a season where he recorded only 3.5 sacks, for example.

Pags2112 likes this.
  8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I love his Lawrence Taylor 'tomahawk chop' move on almost every QB hit....Polite definitely goes for the football during the sack and generates tons of QB fumbles.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It would be the perfect nickname for him if he does haha

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Polite's spin move is nasty. You never see guys effectively using that anymore

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Gastineau would never let himself get fat. He was taking steroids and working out constantly.

12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do you mean he's gonna make stupid penalties and critical moments that knock us out of the AFC Championship Game or SB?

NY Jets68 likes this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Uh, Brian Burns uses it, I think Q. Williams uses it, and I'm pretty certain that I've seen Allen and other edge rushers in this draft class use it, at least some.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Don’t forget the white lightning

15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I have heard several analysts say he has the quickest first step in the entire class, and when you put on the tape it shows.

Going back to the tape, his tape looks much more impressive than Josh Allen's. This isn't a bias hot take either, just watch the two. Allen has only one move, bend the edge, and half of his sacks are group efforts of multiple teammates winning their matchup an converging on the QB he just gets there first, but basically simultaneously.

Polite has a stiff jab and gets into shoulder well which is amazing because his arms didn't tape out long at all, his spin move is next level, he can swim, and bends as good as Allen.
    On top of all that he has great awarenesses for where the ball is and goes ball first sack second which I love. Oh, and he has a motor for days. Some of these hustle plays only come from someone who truly loves the game.

Matt X and K'OB like this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The delusional have escaped, and have found the internet, so we Drafted Aaron Donald in the first rd, got the Decon Jones in the 3rd and Baby gronk in the 4th, and Anthony Munoz in the 3rd epic, never fails every year, people post YouTube highlights, and talk about how great these guys are, considering 3/4s of the past drafted beasts aren't even playing in the NFL anymore, don't give up your day jobs

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I was thinking...does it make sense to go 4-3 now? Clearly with Polite who is always going to be rushing the QB it doesn't make sense to play him at OLB and be expected to cover. The Williams' in the middle would be scary good though and create a ton of problems for offenses in the interior.

I just dont know where that would leave Williamson and Mosley at ILB. Perhaps Williamson would play the weakside?

18. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I think it's very much on par with the folks who believe we drafted Dewayne Robertson, Vernon Gholston, Kyle Brady and Dave Cadigan.

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What would you prefer people do?

He's fucking shit, he's wank, What a fucking shit pick that was, 0-16 for us oh and Mac should've been sacked the minute round 1 was over, he is just a huge cunt.

Or I rather prefer fans trying to look for the positive in the player, if they are shit we will find out in week 1 or earlier in pre-season but until then I would rather have a look at highlights rather than lowlights.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Don’t be a whiny cunt over D.R.H?s opinion, at least he made a solid effort to analyze what he likes in the guy. Much better than telling everyone how big a boner he has just thinking about the roster.