Players you dont want to see wear a Jets uniform next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I think you have to get rid of Eric Smith for sure, no doubt about it. He is by far the biggest steamiest piece of trash on this team and quite frankly I consider him to be the worst safety in the league. Then you can either keep Hunter as a backup or cut his dead weight too, because he's not a starter in this league and will never be a full-time starter ever again. Matthew Mulligan is hot garbage, he can't catch, he can't block. The only thing he's good for is boneheaded penalties.

I think Pool and Leonhard can be given passes. In fact I love Jimmy Leonhard and his smarts make up for his lack of speed and he's a very good tackler. Pool, on the other hand, has all the talent but lacks the brains...but I think first team reps over the off-season will do him a wealth of good and we'll see a vastly improved player.

2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Here's my understanding. The cap is composed of the current salaries of all the players plus dead money from cut players. I'm not sure how renegotiated contracts fit into this. I think that only works if the cut player would have originally added no dead money to the cap

So I don't think that Scott would take up $7.2m in cap space if they cut him.

But if your point is that if they replaced Scott with three players who made a total of $6m, then you added Scott $1.2m in dead money, that could be a net benefit to the Jets, I could see that. That's what they did w/Cotchery this season, for example.

3. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Your understanding is wrong. Scott takes up more than 7 million if they cut him and 6 million if they keep him. To make a long story short, every penny he cuts under the contract that hasn't counted under the cap, either because it's a guaranteed salary for 2012 or because it's part of a bonus that's been pro rated, hits the cap at once.

4. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Ok we'll agree to disagree

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Schottenheimer - sorry, when you call 60 pass plays to 25 rush plays in a close game, when ground and pound is so critical to our success you don't deserve another chance. When you intentionally go away from plays that are working, you don't deserve another chance. When you blindly run the ball every single time there's a 3rd and 20+ situation, you don't deserve another chance.

Hunter - demote him to backup. He clearly isn't capable of starting.

Plaxico - Sorry, he hasn't even been close to what I thought was possible. I know he's still shaking off the rust, but he isn't quick like he used to be and constantly gets offensive PI and personal fouls.

Dustin Keller - I know I'm really reluctant to say it, but he sucks at blocking and receiving is mediocre at best. I've been saying every year that Keller would break out, but he never does. He had so many drops this year, I think its time to move on, or demote him to backup / situational player.

Eric Smith - I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the longest time because he plays and hits hard. His coverage isn't that good, and we saw how porous our defense becomes without Leonard. Keep Leonard and MAYBE keep Poole as a backup, but draft or sign a good safety. The big plays have killed us all year on 3rd down and his whiff against the giants was terrible.

6. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

have we not learned this lesson already,look at all the people we got rid of last year, we suck now because of it...we need to add more talent not get rid of it

7. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Well sure, but it's not like we wanted to lose talent-you just have to ditch players because of the cap and hope the new guys and draft picks are better than the ones you lost.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Jim Leonhard is trash. He cant cover a fuckin soul. Please stop with this Leonhard bullshit. He doesnt belong in the fuckin NFL. If Smith is the worst safety in football then Leonhard is the second worst

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It is very un-Jets to hate on the Wayne Chrebet of safeties.

10. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I actually would love to have Leonhard back, he's a SS so IMO that doesn't require too much speed like an FS should have. Leonhard is our QB on defense and gives 120% effort on all plays. A true Jet, we should sign him this offseason. Lets also not forget he had an INT on the season ending play.

11. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i'm not as concerned with whose wearing the uniform as i am who is wearing the headsets and calling the plays.

12. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Agreed, Shotty needs to go and can someone explain to me why Rex is allowing Mike Pettine to call so many plays this season, the blitzing has really toned down which astounds me considering we don't have a significant pass rusher.

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Demoted to backup, with less pay or bump to next list.
    Eric Smith
    Wayne Hunter
    Bryan Thomas

See ya later list:
    LT - Sad to say, but if we have to pay more than league minimum he should be gone.
    Mark Brunell - We need someone to challenge Sanchex.
    Matt Mulligan - never impressed me and we let better TEs walk.
    Plaxico - Anything more than a million is overpaid.
    Ducasse - Ghost is the only thing keeping him from being the worst recent pick.
    T.J. Conley - There has to be a better option.

Promote:
    Mabin
    McKnight - to #2

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Cromartie has got to play better next year. I don't want him gone yet but he has to learn to get more physical or get out. We screwed up giving him the deal that we did. He's not worth that money but we were desperate.

Ill also add that Eric Smith needs to be used in 46 packages and obvious run situations only, as people already mentioned. We can't afford to have him starting. As physical as he may be we know he can't cover anyone and so does the other team.

#94 rohirrim665, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've gone easy on Cromartie this year.
    He hasn't done anything really dumb in a while. At least he moves with some quickness out there..

I'd love to see a 100yrd. race between him and Revis.

Hey...Remember those old ABC Sports shows that would play on weekend afternoons in the off season where NFL players would get flown to Hawaii or somewhere and run around in tank tops and tight little shorts.

That was good shit.

16. Thesanchize81

Thesanchize81 New Member

Oh I forgot Brunell. I know his story is a sad one but please..

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and that makes Poole the 3rd worst...by the way Jonny check your Dubi count....3! :)

18. abyzmul

I think they still do those skills competitions, they cover it on NFLN.

And Cro would torch Revis in a head to head sprint, Revis' ability to stay with the faster receivers is predicated on his ability to disrupt their stride and route.

19. abyzmul

Why would Cro play better when the Jets continuously reward him for mediocre play? He has been rewarded over and over again his entire career for that one great season he had with the Chargers.

At least he isn't as bad as Terence Newman. If that's saying anything.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Bart Scott, Ducasse, Thomas, LT, Eric Smith, Leonhard, Poole, Mulligan, Bilal Powell, Folk and Conley, by the way don't get rid of, stop using Connor so much the other team knows where, the run is going everytime and of course Shotty, callahan and Matt cavanaugh,who has to be the worst QB coach in the NFL , after watching Sanchez regress...