Players you dont want to see wear a Jets uniform next season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

1. Mark Sanchez
    2. Wayne Hunter
    3. Vlad Ducasse
    4. Calvin Pace
    5. Eric Smith
    6. Mark Brunell
    7. Matt Mulligan

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

His tats scare you???

Your opinion of Slauson bothers me.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Allright, I'll play along

Mulligan, he sucks and does nothing that should warrant a return to the team

Folk- It's great he makes plenty of kicks from inside the 40 but when the pressure is on generally he sucks. That kick he missed in the Giants game was not even close

Conley- Why is it everybody who plays the Jets has guys who punt it 50+ with consistency yet we can't get a guy to kick it 45 ?

Brunell/O'Connell - We need a reliable backup because if Sanchez gets killed at some point next season neither of these two bozos could win a game.

LT- I love him, one of my alltime favorite players period but he's old, doesn't quite have any moves left and basically is just eating a roster spot

Patrick Turner - We all know it's a run play when he is in there, if we know this I promise you every team we play does too. He should be a bigger target in the offense with his size, the fact that he isn't tells me all I need to know

Dustin Keller - Yes, nobody is expecting this but he disapeers for long periods of time during the season. He isn't a big blocker so he needs to be more of a threat in the passing game. He's the absolute enigma in the fact that he has amazing games and then goes away for 3 straight games.

Donald Strickland - Surprised he isn't on IR yet but the fact that I wish we had Drew Coleman instead of him scares the living crap out of me.

4. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Eric Smith
    Wayne Hunter
    Matt Mulligan
    TJ Conley
    Mark Brunell
    Nick Folk
    Bryan Thomas
    Jim Leonhard

In that order,but all after our 1st priority, firing Schitty!

5. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

I knew this thread would not go one page without naming Mark Sanchez

6. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

That's an all around embarrassing play. Pool gets run over, and Revis goes out of his way to ensure he doesn't have to make the tackle.

7. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Plax- maybe gets a pass because he's still getting his legs under him, but where's the separation? Younger and faster will be an easy upgrade, either by draft or free agency. Right now, I get the feeling that we only have 2 WRs producing, and that's not cutting it, obviously.

And Mulligan. Even Hunter could be a serviceable backup, but Mulligan is so bad, its starting to bring back memories of Kotite days watching him fuck up every week. I'm surprised he doesn't almost break his neck leaping over his girlfriend while getting out of bed in the morning, then miss his mouth and poke an eye out with his toothbrush before missing the cup and pouring scalding hot coffee on his crotch.

...oh, wait, that's the other tight end. Sorry.

8. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

everyone not named revis, mangold, ferguson, and harris

9. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

1. Hunter - by a mile. I see the majority want to keep him around as a backup but in my view when you give up sacks and endanger your QB at the level of consistency he does then a backup role should be given to someone with potential to actually play well. I think the biggest mistake Tanny and co. made this year was assuming Hunter would be a solid starting OT for 16 games and not recruiting someone to step in if he couldn't hack it.
    2. Pool - not up to it
    3. Smith - can't cover to save himself
    4. Brunell - I like him but he's not going to put any pressure on Sanchez or be an adequate replacement if he gets hurt.
    5. Mulligan...how could I forget..should've been number 2

As for other suggestions it would be foolish to get rid of Leonard, Slauson and Keller (in absence of some genius plan to upgrade at TE), and even LT I think. Plax depends on price obviously.

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

this, pretty much.

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Count me in on Cromartie. Guy is just frustrating to watch, seems like every big play given up can be traced to him.

I know you can't have a Revis at every every CB slot but I have to think there is someone better out there.

12. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Wayne Hunter
    Eric Smith
    Brodney Pool
    Mulligan
    LT
    Plax
    Brunell
    Conley
    Folk
    Calvin Pace
    Bart Scott

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Ha, it looks to me that Revis figured Pool had it under control and was taken by surprise when he got so completely steamrolled. That said he should have hit Bradshaw as well.

14. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Completely off the Roster

Mulligan
    Brunell
    Ducasse
    Served as backups?

Hunter, Smith, Pool

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Bryan Thomas? Only a fool would want him gone. After his injury Shirley Temple could gain 100 yards running the ball to the outside. And that's against Westerman and Maybin. Keep Thomas. Jesus.

Calvin Pace- He's been a beast for us compared to anything else we have. Give him a decent rush from the other side before you sell him to the Russians. Plus he gave
    Manning Jr a vagina on his forehead during preseason. That alone should get him another 10-15 years.

Holmes- I have to wonder how much of his 'lack of effort' talked about on TGG is directly related to his hatred of Shotty and the dink/dunk/slant/screen/reverse/wildcat offense that's so fucking predictable game after game. If Holmes ain't into that kind of offense, then maybe he 'hates his job' and is shows from time to time.

The only person who hates Shotty worse than us is Holmes, and that was before we resigned him. Give him someone like Mike Martz and Holmes probably has a 2000 yard season.

Conley- what the hell are we even punting for in the first place??? Punter should be the least important position on the team. Rex: "Hey Brian, TGG thinks Conley has to go, and that means you suck. Good luck in your next job".

Pool/Leonard/Smith: Belicheck would have turned Maybin into a pro bowl Safety 3 days after signing him to the team. He would have led the team in ints, tackles AND sacks.

Strickland: EXCELLENT 4th DB.

Cro? EXCELLENT 2nd corner. Horrible 2nd corner that needs to tackle a steel ball running at him full speed.

16. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Hunter: worst Jets starter
    Brunell: need a more credible back-up
    Conley: we can do better
    Pace: solid still, but we need more explosiveness at the position
    E.Smith: second worst starter
    Plaxico: underwhelming outside the red zone, we need a burner to compliment Holmes
    Bryan Thomas: old, slow, coming off a major injury, solid Jet but we need more pass rush (and cowbell)
    Slauson: our line needs to be a pillar of strength, QBs like Sanchez need a line with no holes, this guy is just another guy
    Turner: waste of a roster space
    L.T: (thank you, but it's time)
    Poole: we need younger, faster, healthier safeties
    Mulligan: should be a bouncer somewhere, not an NFL player

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look. I know you hate Schottenheimer - he does fuck up his QB.

But Mike Martz, of all OCs? The proven QB KILLER!? Do you want to see Sanchez killed literally on the field? I am not saying Schottenheimer is doing any better, but changing Schottenheimer for Martz is not going to help Sanchez one bit if keeping him alive is your goal.

18. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Do you actually watch the games?

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You are comparing two piles of steaming horse shit right there. Doesn't matter which is better - still they are steaming piles of horse shit

20. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Sanchez
    Holmes
    Greene
    Keller
    Burress
    Hunter
    Ducasse
    Pace
    Cromartie
    E. Smith