Piece of Trash Herm Edwards on Quite Frankly.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sash1, May 10, 2006.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Just like there is some thing between infinity and zero there is some thing in between being political correct and acting like a punk.

2. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

herm is a turncoat. having dinner with peterson just before game 1 last year. how many coaches or players do that in pro sports? i hope stephen a ask about that, but you know he wont. and bradway settling for a forth? i will take it but bway is in petersons pocket and will be scouting for kc next year. i wish stephen a would get into this, but he wont.

3. The Book 24

The Book 24 Banned

Got that right. Too bad Herm is not here to see that.

#43 The Book 24, May 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

<sigh> Alas, you soon shall be gone again.

5. Ouda147

Ouda147 New Member

just what kc needs. hope it all equates to more losses for them and more wins for us!

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Why do u guys hate him so much if u should hate any body it should be Chad for always getting hurt.This why we were not consistent , its because we had no qb.Herm will be sucessful in KC and I hope he goes to the playoffs, something we wont do this year.
    Dont hate Herm for realizing that New York would have to rebuild again something he handled already when he came in.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So the FO decided to install new shotgun scheme. Who was in charge to train the players to play properly? It's Herm.

With the advent of Heimerdinger, the Jets basically changed the blocking scheme altogether. Who is supposed to be in charge, to train the linemen, ultimately? It's Herm.

For Chad getting hurt - AND Fiedler getting hurt in the next few plays - if Herm trained the linemen as adequately as he was supposed to, neither would have gotten injured. (Ditto for Curtis Martin)

Didn't anyone point out? The camp looked more like a picnic in the sun than actual training camp. Who's to blame, ultimately? It's Herm.

Last, but not least, on his way out of the door, he pulls the fast one on the organization that has tolerated him for longer than it should have - and saves HIS 1st rd pick. If that's not a turn-coat behavior, I don't know what is.

So... what is not natural about bashing Herm?

#47 Zach, May 10, 2006
    Last edited: May 10, 2006
  8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I didnt know Herm was the offensive coordinator, o-line coach and trainer.
    My mistake

9. WayneChrebet

WayneChrebet New Member

now you know...

10. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Herm ripped the "sweep the corners" speech off. My Dad's friend is a VP for Budweiser and got us in with the players/coaches wives during training camp. So after practice we got to hangout and talk to everyone. My dad told Herm that story about his grandfather telling him not to forget to sweep the corners because he owns them to, during training camp that year. My dad has been telling me that story since I was 4 or 5 and Herm ripped it off...haha.

#50 YoungJet, May 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2005
  11. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

He could have never have been anyone of those because he never had the ability to do so. He couldn't even get the defensive backfield, his specialty, to work right. Other than talking the media into liking him and getting the players to like him for running those picnic training camps, he had no other talents. Unless you consider coming up with those one liners is a talent. KC is a bigger fool than he is for paying him 4 mil a year. They will find out.

12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

He inherited a team coming off 9, 12, 8 and 9 win seasons that just had 4 first round picks, + Coles, play their rookie years.

What the hell did he have to rebuild????????????????????????/

And he ran out the door leaving a 4 win team. A gutless coward and a phony.

And in your case, its better to have people wonder if you are an idiot then to write something and remove all doubt.

13. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I guess im the only one-but i miss Herm-i loved the guy until the day he was gone and im happy for him that he gets to coach a contender next year instead of the Jets. He was a great coach but just had horrible luck this last season and before that we loved him-every year we choose a coach to be a scape goat a few years back it was Cotrell and then Hackett and since this was a really bad season it was our head coach

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Chiefs won't be a contender when Herm makes his embarrassing exit.

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Please enlighten all the people who are staring at your comments in utter disbelief.

How was he a GREAT coach?

16. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

GREAT! post. Could not agree more. Herm was a politician, and a good guy, but a horrible coach especially on game day. So glad he is gone.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Why all the hate for Herm? Do I think he's a great coach, no probably not. But since I started watching the Jets in 1985 I cannot remember a better span of success than what we had with him and I appreciate what he accomplished. Am I sad to see him go, not really.

The point is he's gone, Eric Mangini is our coach now, and it's time to move on. Why do we spend so much time trying to pick apart what Herm did good or bad? I understand this board is for talking about the Jets and discussing opinions, I just don't get why we need to keep recycling this particular topic.

Personally, I hope Herm does well in KC unless of course he's facing the Jets.

18. GreenMachine

Good coaches overcome adversity..... Once again Herm lovers fail to see he did not make the proper adjustments to fill gaps. I am not saying Brooks is Brady, but Did BB bring in a 42 year old QB to run the team..No..He looked to his roster and found gold...

19. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

So that would make you around 16 by then?

20. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

ITS CANADIAN, and what does that have to do with it anyway, any credit you have tried to build up has been erased after your lame posts in this thread.

I did not like Herm either but I at least know how to express myself with tact.