Personal Feelings: 1 of 3 Worst Seasons Ever

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Jan 3, 2012.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Again....RELATIVE TO EXPECTATIONS....that loss was a killer, but if someone had said BEFORE the 1986 season we would goto the Divisional Game, that wasn't that bad.

Compared to what we expected in 2011, this year was a DEBACLE.

2. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

The most painful season for me was when Jets lost to Broncos in AFCCG because I was so confident that the Jets were gonna smoke the Falcons in the SB. Even though Rex has made back to back AFC Championships, I still feel that Jets team had the best shot at winning the SB ... to many damn fumbles.

After that, it's gotta be the entire Kotite. OMG, that was a f'ing mess.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What about the Kotex years? :sad:

4. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

It wasn't THAT bad.

But usually expectations and performance are inversely proportional around here.

1999 and 2003 come to mind. Although much of that was bad injury luck that tempered those expectations pretty quick.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The buck stops at RR desk so he is responsible for whatever went on the L/room. If we had a owner who cares rather then a money grabbing owner (see PSLs & tix increases before the PSLs ) who will not dump RR because he has 2 more years on his contract & Woody does not want to eat that money he would have pay RR if he dumped him.

Any other coach if there team quit on them as the NYJs did to RR they would be axed but Mr. Cheapstakes Woody does not have the guts to part company with RR

Also lets all stop that players coach BS because all it is is BS

:sad:

#45 championjets69, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I agree. It was pretty clear by early October that this team wasn't as talented as the previous year's squad, so I can't say I was disappointed by this season all that much.

1981, 1984, and 1998 were all worse, as were our last two AFCCG runs. How can 8-8 hurt worse than falling a game short of the SB two years in a row?

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It sucked, but Not even close to top 3 let-downs. With the 9-4 seasons that finished in meltdowns that this team has had?

Personally, I can't see how anyone expected this team to not have a drop off with the negative personnel changes in the off-season. I was expecting 9-7, hopefully 10-6, but unfortunately they did worse than that.