Perhaps it's about time...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Mar 27, 2012.

1. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

This is as far as I read. Let me tell the OP something. My entire family is Giants and Steelers fans. They make my life a living hell every season. I'm all alone and I stay true.

The Giants won two superbowls since I graduated and they ridicule me to no end! But I will continue to bleed green and white for life!

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'd stay with the Steel City, but that's me.

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Hey, I doubt anyone is REALLY leaving.... the people who post and read boards like this are most likely pretty hard core.... I bleed Green and have been thru all the #### since 1974!!!!!!!

Nothing I despise more than a Pro team Jumper and I ridicule people who do it.

It just shows how Pissed off some of us are at the apparent Stupidity and the feeling that reminds some of us old timers of Pre-Parcells, how it feels to root for an organization when your opinions are in complete contrast with the moves being made......

as an Islander fan - Same feeling I had the day Dipietro was signed

Or as a Knicks fan the Day Alan Houston was given a Huge Contract.

Trying to think of a single Jets moment that tops this _ for Me Dewayne Robertson Draft was Killer - Freaking Bradway even admitted he tried to make a splash for the fans jumping up with 2 picks for the Combine Warrior.

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

ive been a jets fan since 1994. some of my best memories are when i used to go as a little kid to watch the jets practice at hofstra and get boomers autograph. as far as front office decisions, this may be what i consider the worst, but never in a million years would i ever consider rooting for another team over the jets. I FUCKING LOVE THE JETS!! and as much as i absolutely HATE tim tebow; and trust me, as a born jew turned atheist i fucking hate the guy and his mission work; but fuck you if you arent a jet fan talking shit, cause hes now a jet, so you gotta treat him as such.

5. JETlife14

JETlife14 New Member

I honestly don't blame anyone that jumps ship. But I just think of how sweet it will be when the JETS finally hoist that Lombardi trophy...if that ever happens..

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

When they prove being a Jets fan gives you lung cancer I will jump.

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Jump off. I heard Pats have some space for bandwagoners bitching about backup QBs. Be prepared to like gay QBs though.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Very well said. Although I don't agree it's rock bottom, I support Tebow. I was never a fan of his, but neither was I a fan of JT until he signed with the Jets. We haven't won a SB in over 40 years. That's rock bottom. Tebow is just another player in the Jets history. I could care less if he's a Christian, Jew, Muslim, or an atheist. That's his choice. The media attention didn't derail Broncos from reaching the playoffs after a 1-4 start, who is to say it'll derail the Jets?

9. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Dedication. Something some ppl lack

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

At this point I don't think a little thing like that stop me from rooting for the Jets.

11. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Cool. I'm a lifer. You know what sucks? Trying to save face or coming up with witty comebacks after the jets loss to the giants in a house full of giants fans and visiting family and friends.

My own father said "giants fans come and eat, everyone else, outside with the dog!"

Smh, why is the life of a jets fan so hard? But you gotta stay strong, lol!

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yea that sure was really awful, but in some ways, this is worse. It is sort of apples and oranges in a way that makes that worse, I will concede, since there they essentially wasted two high picks on one goofball.

This is different. It's about a lack of coherence in what to do to put the team together. Robertson would have fit into a strategy of sorts if he didn't suck so bad. But I can't make sense of the strategy here, other than it being largely publicity driven.

There's the related concern how this Tebow move fits into the pattern of showing lack of patience and making moves that do not make sense when viewed with other moves. But I guess that's just another way to say it is all incoherent as far as I can see.

First they say Sanchez is the man, and extend his contract. Then they bring in a guy with a big fan following who was the starter for most of last year for his team. They make noise about Tebow playing other positions, when he never has. Let's not forget the fisaco about not reading the contract, either. Then there's the huge press conference for hte backup Qb, which it turns out the FO set up. They're supposedly adding to the Ground and Pound by bringing in a guy whose ypc's were dropping as teams got game film on him. And of course let's not forget this is a downfield passer's league, and somehow the Jets are going to swim upstream against that I guess. Less and less teams using the wildcat, but the Jets are going to use it more.

As bad as the Roberston deal was, that was really one mistake. It was a huge mistake, but it was essentially an overestimation of one player. It was not a decision having the same incoherent context this one has.

No, this is worse.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

^ well that just made my fucking day.

14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

?

So because you don't believe in God you automatically have to take the stance that anyone that goes the opposite way is a fucking asshole because of their beliefs? I'm a Catholic and I don't hate Bill Maher.

15. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

This isn't so bad.

It's cringe-worthy sometimes, but it's entertaining.

If you're gonna give on them now, there isn't much point in being a fan.

At least they haven't lost a game yet.

16. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

People are over reacting

17. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

If you could even consider rooting for another team, you arnt a true fan. Dont let the doorknob hit you

18. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

:rofl2::rofl2:mad:hating his mission work.

that's pretty funny.

19. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

i didnt watch a game from 1991 until parcells got here......this aint even close to those times.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Dedication you apparently did not have until sometime this month.