Perhaps it's about time...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Zach, Mar 27, 2012.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets have won 7 or more games 7 out of the last 10 seasons

I recommend staying to enjoy this ride until it crashes and burns

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Many folks on this board need to hear this verity reiterated over and over and over and over again. The media is talking about the Jets as if they went 2-14 last season and were a bottom five team in every significant statistical merit. People, we finished the season 8-8 and we were actually 8-5 with three games left. Sanchez shit the bed down the stretch. It happens. We'll see where he goes from here.

I'm 26 years old. My first full season as a Jets fan was 1995-1996, a season that ended with us holding a 3-13 record (Kotite's first season as coach). As many of the older Jets fans on this board will attest, I'm a relatively young Jets fan and even someone like me has been through infinitely darker times than this. This team actually has talent and some swagger. Are they perfect? fuck no. Are they a championship contender? Probably not. But are they fun, entertaining, and relatively competitive? Fuck yeah.

In short, Take a fucking chill pill . . . THANKS.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If bandwagon is another word for cliff, then yes, I'd have to agree the best way to proceed to jump off.

Tebow is going to make the team better, whether you like it or not. This is one minor off season move, yet it gets more coverage than the Peyton Manning signing. Hell, Landry was a much bigger signing than this. The only circus is in the media. Just turn that noise off and things will instantly be better. This certainly is not the end of the world, but a small enhancement. Ignore the drama and watch football for the game it is.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Just because John Elway disagrees doesnt make him right. Im not pro or con Tebow at this point, just commenting on your post.

If your comment holds any water, then how would you explain all the lop-sided trades in teh history of Sports.

Apparently the Reds thought Roberto Kelly was better than Paul Oneill right? Well, someone has to be wrong most times. Just sayin

5. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I think Joe Namath would disagree with you.

6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Being a Mets and Knicks fan sucks! Also, being a Jets fan is awful right now. Hey, at least the Knicks are winning now right? Right?

7. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

See ya the door is push not pull.

Enough with all the "The Jets are going to suck because of this trade talk." Just wait until the season starts. I am by no means a fan of this trade and I think Tanny just did this to make the annual "splash" in the offseason. We just have to wait and see. Just watch Sanchez pass for 6,500 yards and 51 touchdowns (Take that Brady). I GUARANTEE IT! Ok, it won't happen but it's still nice to hope.

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

The Jets have a problem that is unique to them amongst all the teams in the NFL. At any given point, the Jets are absolutely hated and despised by at least 50% of the geographic fan base (usually its more than 50% btw).

I go back to the 60s. It was like this then, and it was fostered by St. Wellington and the jealous Giants. The Giants were always top football dog over the years, beating back the likes of the Brooklyn Football Dodgers, the New York football Yankees, the New York Bulldogs, among others.

But the Jets succeeded where others failed and when the Jets won SBIII, they got their love. The Giants over-reacted, made bad trades and draft choices, and fell into the funk of the "15 years of lousy football" syndrome. The Giants never forgot that, and since the 80s, they have made it their goal, either blatantly or sneakily, to crush the Jets every chance they get. And they do it by talking the Jets down and treating them in a condescending fashion. Somehow, the Giants control the media and get them to do their bidding. They always have.

So a Jets failure gets magnified and a Giants failure gets minimized. And our fan base falls for it, without realizing we're being manipulated. And we criticize the Jets, rather than give them the kind of support that clubs in one team towns usually receive. So we get posts like we see in this thread. There's no reason why a fan of this team should be embarrassed, or give up on the team, because we got Tebow. Yet we allow ourselves to be influenced by the mindless, agenda-driven low-lifes who monopolize the media and dump on the Jets 24/7.

In recent years, it seems like the Jets got hip to the Giants manipulation. So we got Rex and his talking. The Giants got nervous, you could be sure of that. '68 seemed like it was happening again. But somehow, almost by accident, if that's possible, the Giants got on a late season run and stole a Super Bowl.

So now, the Giants and their supporters have ramped it up. And we get the drivel we've been hearing and reading for the past week. Its hard for a Jets' fan not to be affected. Its almost like mind-control. I mean really, Mike Francesa has been saying the same thing for over a week. Every time I turn on his station, he's hitting the same point. Is this simply his derangement, or is he trying to keep the Jets down? And why do media outlets pay our former players, starting with the greatest Jet of all, to constantly criticize the Jets? That's right. They're paid to be negative. Do you think theses guys constant criticism is them speaking their mind? Where are the positive pieces about the Jets on their flag-ship radio station?

Don't get me wrong, the Jets certainly shoot themselves in the foot a lot.
    I'm sure many of you will react by saying that the Jets get what they deserve. Fair enough. What I'm saying is that the Jets don't get a chance to ride out their mistakes. They're never given the benefit of the doubt. The Jets won't get credit unless they go 16-0 and win the SB 38-0.

Sorry about the long post

#108 Endlessly Counting, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I disagree with your analysis

Elway hated Tebow and had to shut up after the season he and the Broncos had

Then Elway got the luckiest break of his post player career when Manning became available, since he is probably the only player that Denver could swap out for Tebow without a fans revolt.

And as for the 4th & a 6th, I think that's more about when he traded him. You don't think he could've gotten more as the season approached, and teans got desperate for a QB?

10. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Hang in there. I'm sure everything will be fine..:up:

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

You'll be back...

They always come back...

12. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Its about time when the Jets cause a heart attack or a major world war to break out. It has hardly been terrible around here the last couple of years. Typical Jets shit!

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't understand how one can just give up caring for their team? I am young fan, but I always go back to this: I lived through Isiah Thomas and the Knicks and watched that disaster, I can always stay by my team since nothing can be that bad.

14. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Jets fans are like crack heads...

15. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Weak

16. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

You pretty much said it all. The media really hates the Jets. Which is why if and this is a very big IF, the Jets ever decide to get their act together and win another SB, victory will be even sweeter.

17. LetsGoJets11

LetsGoJets11 New Member

How about giving up 49 points to the packers? I know they were the most effecient offense in the league, but the donkey D gave up 45 points to Detroit, 40 to the BILLS, and 32 to Minnesota! That is horrible. But our jets have no room to talk.

18. twown

twown Well-Known Member

oh you WILL be a happier and more fulfilled person by jumping off. there's no doubt in my mind.

(that said, i'm not even close to doing it myself. i need like 15 more years before i'm enlightened enough to actually let go of the NFL. by that time, concussions will have made the league untenable anyway. win-win!)

/obnoxious but sincere assholisticism

19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

When the Jets win the Super Bowl this thread will be bumped and you will be ashamed of yourself and riddled with guilt.
    OMG I hope this happens! That would be cool. :grin:

20. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

Get out then! We dont need you! Fans like this are why this team has no confidence, because they get bailed on! An 8-8 season after 2 AFC championship games and you want out???? WOW!!!!