People Need To Chill The F**K out

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Sep 13, 2010.

1. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

Hmmm, sure does sound like he's not happy at Schotty.

2. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Your like one of those people who drinks a quart of vodka a day and doesn't think they have a drinking problem and just in denial. The Jets offense is a joke. Our QB looks like a deer in headlights and doesn't even let the play develop. They have basically cut the offensive play book from a full length novel into a first grade color book so our QB doesn't shit the bed.

3. boshhemi487

boshhemi487 New Member

well said.

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Let Sanchez call his own plays. I think Schotty is fucking up his confidence. Someone needs to step up and be a leader on offense (besides Trich).

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

that's just fucking stupid and you clearly don't know shit about what happened in the game. if the penalties cost us the game, are you saying the Ravens played no part in drawing those penalties? their receivers were beating our corners all night and Flacco was making the throws. but, yes, the penalties were all on the Jets, the Ravens didn't do anything to get those penalties called.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

janesports

The last thing the Jets needed before Ravens was harassment inquiry. Now, possible fines/suspension before facing Patriots. Self-inflicted.

7. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

No, don't tell me to chill out. I am pissed. PISSED. And frustrated. UGH! I hate this.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wasn't the accusation already played down?

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Though I'm not amped up, I'll calm down IF this team can do a complete 180 and beat the Patriots.

I doubt this will happen, I see the Pats winning @ New Meadowlands.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Way to quit on the team early.... :lol:

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I knew there'd be an OP like this one when I came here today.

Only problem is the only way I would have posted a post like that was if I had not seen the game.

Yeah, sure it was only one loss. But the context is that the O looked awful all pre-season, the Jets have a sophomore Qb who looked more bad than good last year and who looked more like that bad than that good last night, a starting RB who put the ball on the ground too often last year and is apparently back to that now, an LG who in fact is a downgrade, an NT come back from surgery go out in the first quarter, and a rookie CB taken to school by one of the better receivers in the league - how come Revis was not on Boldin more?

Add in the general sloppiness and more of the confusion MS showed last year, evident again last night, and it's hard to be optimistic.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Quit???

I said somewhere on TGG the Jets would not beat the Ravens, and after seeing the Patriots performance and the Jets performance, how could you say the Jets would be favored to win?

IMO, Moss and Welker are a better receiving core than Boldin Mason (don't count Housh yet until he gets the offense)

#152 GQMartin, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Don't Panic

Yesterday was as bad a loss as we have seen in a very long time... but it is one game and there is plenty of good to see here.

-We effectively shut down Ray Rice.
    -The defense was flying all over the field before it became completely gassed from being on the field most of the game.
    -Tomlinson looks very good.
    -We can't possibly have another 14 penalty game... can we?
    -Our offense can't possibly play that bad again... can they?

The purpose of the thread is to look at the GOOD with the Jets and to see that this really was just one bad game in what will still be a great season.

Honestly, would everyone be freaking out like this had this game occurred in say week 8? It was the season opener, the Jets were uber hyped, new stadium, all the fireworks and bling that go along with that, and against an opponent that not only is a Super Bowl contender but considered a rival because of Rex's relationship with them.

The defense has shown that it still can be the #1 defense in the league even without Jenkins. The front 7 are absolutely nasty, and though the secondary did get picked on it should only get better.

The offense was mortifying horrible... last year the Jets offense looked pretty bad early in the year too until the Jets simplified it. Rex had better sit down with Schotty and tell him to simplify it again... all the checkdowns and audibles are causing the offense to be way too static. We don't have Peyton Manning so I don't see how we can succeed continuing like this. Sanchez needs to just go out there and throw it. Our blockers need to just be able to get up and smack their opponents in the face.

This is going to be a good season. Next week could be brutal too if the secondary and offense doesn't get its shit together in a hurry... but even if we start 0-2 it is not over.

Don't panic.

14. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I'm sick of looking at the good. Gets us nowhere. It's time to face the fact that we have some serious issues.

15. patsfaninpittsburgh

Look on the bright side.

On Sunday, you will not have to suffer because the Jets lost by 3 points or less. The Jets defense MIGHT keep the Pats under 30 points....... if the game ends at halftime.

Maybe it's time to talk to your buddy Goddell and have him give the Jets a win if they gain more yards that the Patriots score.

That might make it a competitive game.

16. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yes - QUIT. You see the other team winning. You have just forgone any hope of our own that we can win this game. And we can win it. It won't be easy. The Pats never lay down easily for us. But they are beatable.

We have a very good defense. One that is capable of holding the Pats to 10 points or less. We just need to clean up the sloppy play and get the offense back on track. It can happen.

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Not to mention that in a game where we played so ugly and poorly, we lost by one point. We were in that game all the way to the end. Any other team could have played that bad and should have been blown out.

18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

You guys are so dillusional

Yeah, right. Our offense is a mess period. Brady is going to do better than flacco and score more than 10 points. The reality is Sanchez doesn't have a fucking clue and you can't win the elite teams by just playing defense. Eventually your defense breaks down as our did on 3rd downs. you guys are ridiculous.

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

If Shonn Greene comes prepared to play, the Jets probably win the game. If Cromartie and Wilson realized that they were getting called for pretty much any contact, the Jets probably win the game. If Sanchez and the passing offense make one freaking play downfield, the Jets probably win the game. If the 3rd down defense does its job at all, the Jets probably win the game.

It didn't happen. As it turned out, on the Jets worst night, they lost to one of the best teams in football by 1 point. It sucked.

Good thing we have 15 more chances to get a win this season.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There is every reason to panic. We probably lost Jenkins for the year (again) and we are going to expect Pouha to be the samne beast he was last year with nobody but DeVito to back him up.