Pay Revis now....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

do you guys still feel the same?

We played 2 good teams pretty well without him. And last night did a pretty good job containing that Pats O.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think this game would have definitely been a win with Revis playing.

With Cromartie playing the way he is and Revis healthy, who do you throw to? Once Revis is healthy, our secondary will be a FORCE if Cro continues this style of play.

Hell, if Revis was playing, maybe those TDs Brady threw wouldn't have happened

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

If Cro and Wilson continue to play like this, I don't see why Revis couldn't be at least trade bait. I love the guy as much as the next Jets fan, but there are so many holes on this team I don't think it would be a horrible idea. I just don't want to see the Jets let him walk for free. That would kill me.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

No, sign him. If our DBs are good without him imagine with him. Were fine in the cap due to all the free agents next year. Pay the guy and lets have a solid draft.

Holmes can go though.

#84 NFL, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Revis is so great you see every team trying to emulate what we do with him

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

revis is my boy, i'd never want to see him leave this franchise

hes the best thing we've had in a long time

7. RevisXt

RevisXt Member

youtube.com/watch?v=zKumn4GNnFQ

I am not worried about Revis leaving this franchise. In the link above Rex says Revis is the best Jet of all time, so I really can't imagine him getting traded after hearing that. If anyone trade Wilson.. I do think Revis' injury is a good thing for Cromartie, he's playing his best ever to fill the hole. If we get Revis back 100%, Cro stays at the level he is now, and add in Coples with a year under his belt with Wilkerson we are easily looking at a top 5 defense. Who knows maybe Revis' injury will end up being a good thing for the D after all?

8. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

If u listen to a Rex press conference, every guy on our roster is the best jet of all time. Honestly, the D has looked pretty good, especially in the secondary, without Revis. I love the guy, but if we could get something like a 1st and a 3rd for him I would jump on he opportunity. It's time we start adding draft picks instead of giving them away.

9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Revis would have shut Welker down most of the night, Welker was killing us on 3rd down Revis would have made a huge diffrence i think we win if he was out there

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Most of Welkers catches were screens where the DB was blocked. Revis wouldnt of made much of a difference here...

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think the Jets should try and get some good trade value out of Revis. We have a strong enough secondary without him. Go out and try to get a bunch of picks/players to rebuild the offense or LB corps.

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

no one is gonna trade a bunch of anything for a guy they have no guarantee of re-signing in the off-season

Revis is too valuable to us its a damn shame guys wanna stick with Sanchez and trade Revis, and I like Sanchez but damn

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

keep revis.

14. june19

june19 Active Member

We keep revis,anyway the patriots are not the same team.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It would obviously have to be a trade contingent on signing a new contract. I don't know if I want the Jets to stick with Sanchez but I know I don't want them to start any other QB currently on the roster.

If they can get good value for Revis there are other much bigger needs on the team than CB - especially if we have NFL quality safeties like we do now. I disagree that he's too valuable. Our defense wasn't dominant with him and it's not much worse without him.

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

our defense was #1 with him, #3 with him and #5 with him

get a pass rusher and its even more dominant with him

we dont need to trade him for picks and shit we need to keep our picks and get some talent not use picks on Tebow, cut late round guys who'll help with depth

Revis stays period, if he leaves I think we're taking a huge step backwards

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

A dominant linebacking core would be much more valuable... So would a good offense. I agree that we should explore everything with Revis. I love him and he is one of the best players this franchise has ever seen and is one of the best at his position, but we have much bigger holes elsewhere.

I honestly have no clue what his trade value would be, if we could get a first and a second of something of that nature, I would do it (although not sure we could get that much for him... even a first would be reasonable).

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

the way you guys lack to see his value yet think a team would trade 2 high picks is non-sense

his value is highest on the Jets because of team is designed around his strengths, how many times do teams talk about how hard it is to function when they're #1 is pretty much off limits. Add to that us finally getting some pass rushing OLB's in the draft, our young guys on offense getting better and fixing our interior O-linemen along and being able to do such in one off-season we'll be fine next year when he returns

that fact that every team wants a Revis yet the team that has one wants to give him up is the dumbest thing I've heard since "Tebow should get more snaps"

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

So go out and draft a linebacker with our first round pick. Save Revis and hope that Cromartie continues to play lights out. Move Kyle Wilson to safety, to replace Bell and hope that Aaron Berry can play the nickel.

I think that the defense becomes elite with another linebacker or two. Wilkerson, Coples and Ellis on the d-line will be great for years to come. Davis and Harris are going to be good at linebacker (I also have hopes for Dowtin). And Landry, Cromartie, Revis, Allen, and hopefully Berry are solid in the secondary for the future. Like the depth on the defense if they get a pash rusher or 2 they would be very, very good.

20. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

we have to draft Dion Jordan from Oregon, he fits perfect in our defense. Maybe grab a FA OLB or double dip in the draft or make a trade but we're 2 OLB's away from Elite status on defense