Pay Revis now....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by #1 Jets Fan, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Anyone saying this game isn't close with Revis, doesn't know shit about our schemes and how much Revis does for our D

Give him a blank check and keep it moving

we paid Holmes we damn sure better pay Revis

2. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i'm just going to make this as simple as possible. pay revis because he allows me to be proud to be a jets fan. in the nfl top 100 revis was #5 and it felt great to see a jet so high up there. without revis, with the current roster, who's jersey are you going to wear with pride?

revis makes me happy to be a jets fan

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Tebow :eek:hmy:

4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I suggest buying a Nameth, or Maynard Jersey if you want to show pride. What has Revis won. Oh, yeah, #5 in the NFL top 100....Get real

5. RochesterJet

So having revis will magically cure the 2 biggest plays in the game?

1) JK punt muff

2) 3rd down bomb to Wallace (when Ben pushed off another missed tackel) and Cro (who would have been covering Wallace anyways) scored? Who doesnt know shit about defense? football?

We are all Jets fans, but if you think Revis would have changed these two pivital, game changing plays you are either delisional or have man goo love for Revis.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

I said on the roster currently for jersey and NAMATH* clearly isn't on the team anymore. Also what has calvin johnson won minus being #4 in the NFL top 100 and the madden cover? you get real. megatron is as critical to the lions offense as revis is to our defense

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Man you're obtuse. No obviously not he would have had nothing to do with those plays. Its all the other plays. He changes the defensive scheme completely. Do you think the game would have played out exactly the same with Revis out there. Antonio Brown wouldn't have had such a good day. We wouldn't have had to drop as many back in coverage as we did consistently. We wouldn't have had to play so much zone. Who knows Revis is a great playmaker maybe he gets a pick. We have 0 idea what would have happened with him out there and we don't know if Ben throws that ball the Wallace where Cromartie couldn't bat it down.

You don't know shit about defense. Football.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Another absolutely retarded statement. All he has done is proven to be the best player at his position. Its why I wear my Nick Mangold jersey. Should Lions fans not wear Calvin Johnson jerseys. Should Dolphins fans not wear Marino jerseys.

I forgot cornerbacks are supposed to win championships by themselves. No one can its a team sport. Theres nothing wrong with being proud of an individual player.

9. RochesterJet

Your right, we dont know. So for you to say the game would have been close with Revis is redic.

And how do you think I dont know shit about Defense? Have your proved you do? Yes Revis alolows us to play more man and he takes away....blah blah blah. By saying this dosent convince me you know defense, all it confirms is that you have a pulse!

10. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

We don't know specifically how any given play would've changed with Revis on the field.

We do know that Revis' presence impacts literally everything that we do on that side of the ball, and that the Jets defense is better with it's best player on the field.

11. RochesterJet

I can agree with this. I have a hard time when people think by just having Revis in the lin-up we would have prevented certian palys from happening. My contention was that NO MATTER WHAT JK still muffs the punt and Cro still gets beat by Wallace as Revis would have been on Brown all day. These two plays were back-breakers!

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Rex said they didn't change the scheme for the Steelers game, but players would have to step up. If he's obtuse your jsut plain old ignorant.

13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Revis has to love the timing of this "concussion" . It will take him out during the rough stretch of schedule. If we have a 1-4 or 2-3 record it increases his leverage on a mega contract because his abscence will be seen as why we struggled. If we go 4-1 or 3-2 he will just get to sit and collect pay checks. Because honestly, do you think in light of the holdouts Revis cares more about Winning or the next Contract?

Revis can't lose and has to be secretly thanking Bart for his good fortune.

Revis is not worth going in to cap hell.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Did you watch the game? We played completely differently then we would have with Revis. We played far more zone than usual.

I never said the game would have been close with Revis in it because we just didnt play well. But to say that oh how would these 2 plays have been different if Revis was in the answer is completely. We don't know what position we would have been in at that point and the coverages would have been different. Just like if Polamalu and Harrison played for the Steelers.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Except there is a good chance he plays this weekend and will almost definitely be back for Houston and 49ers.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nick Mangold
    David Harris
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Pouha

That was pretty easy

17. Milliner is your Mommy

I love Nick Mangold and its my go to jersey but Harris shouldn't be on that list at least in my opinion. He has become a huge disappointment. He's so overpaid for what he is worth.

18. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

When's the last time the Jets had a top 10 player? It's awesome to have Darrelle Revis.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Revis playing wouldn't have avoided that hit Sanchez took to his head. He clearly wasn't the same after that. Our offense has to be able to put up more than 10 points. That ain't on the D, although they really need to improve their tackling and Cromartie messed up an easy interception. With that said we still need Revis, badly. He completes us. I hope he's clear for the phins.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yea , i watched the game and saw a ton of man mixed in with some zone. Just like every week. The Wallace TD was man to man across the board. we played very much the same D with a lot of man coverage and blitzing at least on one most passing downs. The problem was the execution, in the form of missed tackles and sacks, not a scheme change. If you think we played a lot more zone I'm wondering if you pay attention much most games. This scheme was not vastly different.

Revis is the best cover corner in football, but he's not going to changed the fact that our linemen and linebackers could not tackle Ben. He should be the top paid corner, but if he wants something outlandish we need to really be careful of the cap ramifications.