Pats will try and kill us......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Francessa & Russo made that point yesterday... no way this happens with a guy like Ryan or even Glanville on the other side... they'd send some back up in to break something on Brady cuz 15 yards is meaningless to guy like that... They actually said they hope Mangini has it in him

2. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Well, all I can say is this...

I am not happy that Vilma is hurt and his season is over. I wish him the best and hope he comes back full strength next year.

I hope the Jets do not suffer any more serious injuries, except to their ego.

Most fans on this board are above wishing injuries on players just doing their job, and playing a game. I respect them.

Those of you who want poeple to get hurt just because your team is losing, you are lowlifes. You even cheer when your own guy gets hurt, jsut because you like another guy better.

I know this does not represent the majority of fans in New Yorkdom, but this is the element that people elsewhere see and notice....so when you wish other players to get hurt and suffer injuries, say it proudly and loudly...so we can see who you really are.

3. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

After Spy Gate I honestly think that Beli will try to score 100 on us. The sad thing is since we have so many good citizens on this team nobody will try to take a shot at brady to prevent it.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The way to prevent it is to man up and play ball. BB trying to run up the score beacuse he cheated and got cought is no reason to try and hurt other players. I really don't get how BB being a punk justifies Mangini acting the punk?

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with the pats fans in this thread. There are some really shameful posts in this thread. I hope the Jets do go after Brady and him him hard, as long as it is done legally. Brady getting hurt will do nothing for me as far as salvaging some sense of enjoyment out of this season. Beating the Pats might though..

6. Beamen

Beamen New Member

You ever been on a football field when someone's trying to run the score up on you? THere is no more infuriating feeling.. You're exhausted, you're beaten, and you can't do anything about it...

I remember going into our second meeting with some team from NJ this past season, after they tried to run up the score on us in our first meeting, the guys on our team wanted nothing more than to f*ck them up.... There are unwritten rules in football, and one of them is, once the game is put away, you run the football, and maybe put some backups in.. If you don't, we're gonna f*ck you up

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Getting rolled by the Pats would/will be hard to watch, but maybe thats just what this team needs. The first game was still a game into the 3rd. If they get embarrassed from opening kickoff they'll be forced to do a gut check. None of this tight game, lose by a TD kinda thing.

It's going to be a huge test for this team one way or another, and I can't wait to see how things shakes out in the aftermath.

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Normally I'd agree... but the Pats behavior this season has been disgusting... The Losman hit was deliberate... the cheating scandal and now they're just running scores up against HOF coaches... I mean throwing on 4th down from the 37 when you're up by 45? or throwing into the EZ up by 38? all this because of the scandal... they continue to act like a bunch of victims & it's enraging...

as it is right now I don't see anyone beating them...

I'm not calling for someone intentionally hurting another player but the point is the Pats have no fear of that happening because there's no one like Buddy Ryan in the league

9. winstonbiggs

I have been on the field when not only scores have been run up but guys were taking cheap blind shots and cutting guys. Running up the score is just classless but actively cheap shotting players at the speed of the game and the equitment these guys are wearing can be deadly and end careers. It's just not worth going there.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I have to agree with this. At the same time, if they do start running the score up on us, I hope we are sending extra guys on blitzes every play. Running up the score doesn't come without risking injury - it's there own choice.

11. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

12. Ryan

Ryan Banned

You know what we should have done? Filmed all their defensive coaches signals last game. That probably would have given us an advantage.

13. FOURTHANDLONG

There is a difference between Hurting someone and hitting him so hard that Beli would think twice about keeping his Qb in the game if it got out of hands. The Ravens for example are a good defensive team but I guarantee you Beli would not leave Brady in the game with a Huge lead in the 4th Qtr. No way.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

I agree bro. This seems to get lost on the Mike Lupica's of the world who play football from the outside looking in. They have a million things to say but have never played a down at any level. If you try to Humiliate my team do so at your own risk. We play hard until the end! Period.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

This is the reason Beli should show some class and run out the clock. It is not worth it. He has more to lose as opposed to the other teams he runs the score up against. I guarantee he will not do that to the Colts this weekend if they get a huge lead.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When you try to humiliate someone you are inviting them to take any cheap shot they want. Neither tactic has a moral high ground here and that's the bottom line. One is just as classless as the other and no more or less so.

17. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

I would of never expected this from you..

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Really, the only difference between then and now is that Buddy Ryan would actually pay a bounty to take out an opposing quarterback. Today, the players will just do it on their own if they get mad enough.

19. winstonbiggs

The difference between than and now is players were not protected by the rules to any great extent, QB were routinely gone after with head shots, legs were twisted under piles and no flags were thrown. Football today is entirely different and under much more scrutiny. Players today will be suspended fined and if they try and take out a guy like Brady may loss a bucket full of money. The league isn't what it used to be. Goons are no longer worth having on the payroll, guys who in the past who were looked on as colorfull would be black balled by the players and the union.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Those guys never stayed on the field while their team was up 30 points.

Anyways, I'm not WISHING injury on Tom Brady but, if some unfortunate injury happened to him, I wouldn't exactly be hanging my head in sadness. I'd honestly probably be pretty happy. I'm sure Brady is an okay guy in real life, despite the fact that he dresses like a tool, does that "thinking really hard" model stare whenever someone takes his picture, and seems a little too excited by the whole running up the score to an asshole-ish degree thing.

But really I just want to see Brady take a big hit just to show Beelzicheck that, despite whatever ax he has to grind, he shouldn't be leaving his starting QB out there when he's up 30 points. And the Jets could do it despite the bad personnel. Just blitz the safeties. Blitz the corners. Blitz everyone. And if the whistle happens to go off and someone happens to not hear it, so be it.