Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He's been my favorite Jets since he got here. He's a piece of shit now as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty mad. Fuck you Shaun. Thanks for the hard work, but go fuck yourself.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Ellis had one great game last year: The Pats playoff game.

The Jets obviously don't view him as a consistent starter anymore. I can't really blame them. The Pats are offering him more playing time and probably more money.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

doh...yes.

4. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

you know it is business but I am disappointed in Ellis. Was it money or role? We may nbever know but he should know he was a fan favorite and he left for a div rival I wont wish him harm but I hope the Jets win it all and he is just watching from the outside

5. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

to the jets organization its a slap in the face

6. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Between this paragraph and the vet minimum offer, how can anyone be surprised he left? He spent a long time here, I'd see it as a slight myself.

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Devito or Ropta(spelling) but ho is going to step up? Bring back the old man Pryce...

8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And why did he want out? Because they wanted him to be the #3 receiver (even after it was obvious we weren't bringing Edwards back) when he did nothing to lose his starting job AND asked him to take a paycut on top of it.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Did you watch Devito last season? He's perhaps the most underrated player on our team.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, this was clearly a depth signing by New England.

They're converting to a base 4-3 and Ellis will have to play inside at tackle.

He'll be behind Mike Wright, Albert Haynesworth, and Vince Wilfork.

Fuck this clown. He signed for a few more dollars.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

cotchery wont find a starting job on the open market unless he wants to head to a crap team

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

They probably signed him more for information than playing time, yep no longer one of my favorite player....

Later when he wants to retire a Jet, we need to say hell NO!

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

BB may have lost a title by unloading Seymour to soon. Hayensworth is an attempt to correct the error. If Hayensworth and Ellis are in NE for a ring they might be very good. If they are both there for a paycheck they are going to suck.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Bahahahahahaha...what a ridiculously childish post.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Definitely.

Mike DeVito, Marcus Dixon, and Mo Wilkerson are the reasons why the Jets didn't try harder to re-sign Shaun Ellis.

I've said this plenty of times already, but I'll say it again for those of you that fear this move:

Shaun Ellis is washed up. He won't be a factor in New England. This move was for the money and nothing more. If he wanted to be a Jet for life, he had that option.

Derrick Mason, who's obviously towards the end of his career, took the vet minimum to play here because he knows we have something special going on.

Shaun Ellis can go fuck himself if he wants to go be fourth stringer on the New England Patriots instead of the team that gave him everything.

17. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Yeah, this is pretty unforgivable.

18. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I think the Ellis was fucked up for goin to the Pats especially given the fact that he was one of the main ppl expressing his "hatred" for the Patriots.W/ that said,I was surprised we only gave him the vet min.I thought we woulda @ least offered 1 and change once we saw he would explore other options.Conversely,in his prime,we overpaid him a lil so I guess this evens things out. I'm not all that pissed about this from an aspect of what he can do for us but 2 things worry me with moves like this.

1.We're relying heavily on alot of unknown parts this season with a team that was already really close.

2.This strengthens a glaring weakness for a division rival.Say what you want about Ellis but he was better than the bums they had last year tryna rush Sanchez.If they get anything out of Ellis and Haynesworth decides to play this year,it could spell trouble for us in @ least two games.

19. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Wanna see the dollars ...this irks me...he must not be a believer in us getting past the AFC Championship. He wants a ring and thats where he feels it will happen.

Fukin shame man! It's not like we didnt want him back and didnt make an offer ...it was his choice.

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Ellis you homo