Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

We have to wait for the terms.

If it's vet minimum then he is thumbing his nose at us. If the Pats offered him a better contract, then it was just a vet trying to get the most money possible on one of his last, if not his last, deals.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I felt the same, but wish him well? No way. I wish him failure. and to get DOMINATED by the Jets O-line. And he can watch from home as the Jets win Super Bowl XLVI.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This. It sucks, but you'll get over it. You'll be mad for a bit, but Ellis was only going to go for a team willing to compete for a title, and the Jets have just been trying hard to replace him for a few years, and didn't seem to offer much in terms of a contract this summer.

4. Montana

Montana Member

Money wise, no.......we had a offer of vet minimum out to Ellis, wasn't changing, and it would have zero impact on us going after Roth or not.

Two aren't linked in any way shape or form.

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I understand why some people feel this way.
    But. I'm 34. I have a mortgage and a kid, and after what we found out yesterday, there are bigger things in life for me to waste "hatred" on.
    If I were in my 20s, and he was one of my favorite players of all time and life was a little easier as it was back then, then, yeah, this might bother me a little more.

6. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Yeah it's all emotional BS. We'll get over it in a week. Besides, it's not like he's doing shit for NE anyways.

7. Montana

Montana Member

I'd like to think all hyperbole is...

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

They are both live bodies on a 53 man roster, and even though they play different schemes, they both technically play the d-line.
    It obviously was gonna take more than the vet minimum to get Ellis back, so money was an issue.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

You people saying "dead to me" can go fuck yourselves. this is business. this is not a friend stealing your girlfriend or maybe actually dying.

get a reality check faggots.

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

WTF now this yet people still in the Free Agency on the home page say by majority a B, really?..

D+ at best

This Free agency has really got out of hand and was not handled well.

11. Montana

Montana Member

All the Pats need now is our secondary, and they'll be able to make Ellis look as good as he did in NE in the playoffs, via coverage sacks.

12. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Not thrilled to see my favorite Jet go to my least favorite team. Just hoping Wilkerson and K. Ellis make me forget about the loss.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

True, but it is the Patriots. And I wanted Ellis to get a ring as a Jet. I'm more upset for him not staying for that reason, than any.

14. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

Your absolutely right. I can't begrudge him making the most he can knowing its his last chance. If its for vet minimum, oy vey i'll have heartburn.

15. Montana

Montana Member

Ellis got the one offer he was going to get from us....and it wasn't because of money, he was only worth vet min to us.

You can pretend Roth and Ellis are linked in some way, but you'd only be fooling yourself......if we get Roth (which I hope we do) it'll have ziltch to do with Ellis.

16. Montana

Montana Member

The salient point.

17. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Ugh. Not what I wanted to read this morning.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

All I'm saying is, we have a spot on the 53 now, and we certainly have some money to play with. With all the shuffling the defensive personnel can do with this CS, I don't see why a guy like Roth can't fit somehow.
    I don't get paid to make these decisions, I trust our FO. That's why this doesn't bother me.

19. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet Active Member

I CANT BELIEVE MOST OF YOU!!! Ellis did nothing wrong. The Jets decided that they no longer felt he would be a valuable player to this team (something I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with) and basically chose to go in a different direction. They made him a low ball offer that he deemed wasn't fair so he chose to go elsewhere. Does it make me want to throw up in my mouth that he'll be on the Patriots, absolutely! But who knows what other offers he was getting from other teams and how much more money he stood to make by choosing the Patriots.

I have to laugh at all of you that say he's dead to you or you now hate him. What loyalty do these organizations show the players? After all these guys do for an organization, the next day they can be out on their ass without a job!

This move doesn't erase one thing that he's done for this organization in my opinion! As a fan, I will love him forever, as he's been nothing but an amazing Jet. Does that mean I will root for him this year...definitely not! I hope he has a subpar season but nor do wish any malice upon him. When it's all said and done and his Patriot days are over, I will have nothing but positive feeling towards him!

20. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Just an assumption. Wouldn't be surprised to see a 2nd year as the reason he left. 2 years/3 mil maybe.