Pats sign Shaun Ellis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Aug 7, 2011.

1. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Well yeah, I get it that he sucks at this point in this career, but isn't there such thing as loyalty left in pro sports? Hell, I wasn't even that crazy about Taylor coming here last year. I knew he was just here for a ring and a contract. He missed out on the former but got his money and ended up bouncing for our other major rival when it was all said and done.

I get the money thing, but man, it sucks that Ellis isn't gonna retire a Jet. I can't look at this dude the same way anymore.

2. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Denver, I believe.

He's dead to me. Jason Taylor is a whole different animal. Wanted a Super Bowl ring so he goes from one of the bottom feeders to a contender. This is a lateral move for Shaun with regards to Super Bowl aspirations.

3. Montana

Montana Member

I'm saying losing one, has no impact on the other.....if we have interest inRoth, we'd have it regardless of where Ellis ended up.

The two aren't linked.

4. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Scumbag...hope this seals his fate to NEVER get in the Jets ring of honor!

5. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

love Shaun, wish him well, but that hurts. Bad

6. ........

........ Trolls

Holy shit. Calm the fuck down. He's 'dead to you'? It's as if he never played here? What did you want him to do, retire? We weren't willing to pay him more than the league minimum, so he signed with a team that wanted him more. He didn't do it to fuck with you or your family. This is his job, and he's nearing the end of it. He has to make what he can before he gets out.

7. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Wow, shocked and kinda betrayed. I always thought he would be a lifelong JET.

but why the Pats? any other team big guy and I would have still always had love for you.

now your dead to me.....

8. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

It's an ego thing...plain and simple.
    Doesn't really bother me all that much, but I can understand the hatred.

9. Montana

Montana Member

It'll be interesting to see how much over vet minimum, he got paid.

Just how much did it cost, for a man to sell his soul.

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Money wise....yes. Playing wise....no. I was referring to $$$ the whole time. Opens up a spot on the 53, too.

11. nixhead

nixhead Banned

Ellis is a spy for us. If the Jets wanted him they could of easily come up with another half million that he probably got from N.E. How is Ellis gonna feel when we win the superbowl this year and he blew his chance by moving to our hated rival? Ellis could be a spy with a guarantee from Rex that if N.E. drops him the Jets will pick him up.

12. Cribb

Cribb New Member

This is nothing more than Ellis giving the big FU to the Jets for their lowball offer. I don't blame Ellis. If the Jets sincerely wanted to keep him they should have offered something more than vet min.

13. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

Honestly he owes nothing to the Jets or to us fans. Jets offered the vet minimum which told him his priority was low on their list. Pats offer more to a player who might be playing his last contract? I don't blame him.

Kills me ... Ellis was long one of my favorites. But as you always hear ... and as i have read many of you write ... its business.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I can't. I can understand people being upset, but hatred? That's unbelievably extreme. I won't feel sorry for him if we win a ring, and I don't feel sorry for him that he won't retire a Jet. I sure as hell don't even REMOTELY feel hatred for the guy or dismiss his years on the team just because he opted to make money. These guys have a VERY finite window in which to earn lifelong income from this career. I'll never understand hating a guy for trying to max out his income while he can.

15. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

It took me reading the first few posts to realize that said PATS not JETS talk about reading what you want to believe not what makes you sick...is it really just about the money? Or is he literally thumbing his nose at all of us? I was so happy when I thought it said jets...man

16. ........

........ Trolls

I hope the hyperbole is intentional.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I understand the hate, but this is as much on our own front office as him unless he signed for vet min in New England. Bussiness is bussiness and we use that against players all the time. This time we lowballed a vet and it cost us big by him going to our rival.

I love how others are so quick to pronounce him wahsed up, old, done, when he was a very big reason we beat the Pats in the playoffs last season. I wanted him around to mentor the young guys on our line. As long as he was not mentoring the other Ellis on the puff-puff-pass rules.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Hey man....read my posts in this thread. I don't hate the guy at all. He paid his dues and now he's gone. What are you gonna do? That's the way professional athletes are, and, I don't blame them.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Don't worry, I wasn't talking about you. I was responding to you when you said you could understand their hatred. I can't. It seems absurd to me.

20. IATA

IATA Trolls

money is money. it happens. now we just get to see more of our new and improved, younger ellis and wilkerson.