Patriots cheat again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 11, 2015.

1. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Harvard President Charles Eliot once famously decried the sport of baseball for its deceptive practices.

“Well, this year I’m told the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curveball. I understand that a curveball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive,” he said. “Surely this is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard.”

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2012/04/eliot-house/

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Having been a terrible hitter myself growing up I have to say I agree with the distinguished Harvard fellow. Curveballs should be outlawed. That junk is too tricky to hit

3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

That's beautiful. Time changes everything look at any sport. Goalies didn't use to wear face masks in hockey, there was no 3pt line once in the NBA, pitchers use to earn 30 win seasons, 20 win seasons wasn't even seen as a feat, once.

And then something happens to change the way the game is played, like on Saturday in the NFL when a tackle lined up outside a slot receiver. Had the receiver been in the backfield (behind or adjacent to the qb) I don't believe I or anyone else would have raised a brow. However, the receiver was positioned in the slot, a position where a player can quickly move up field. I heard #37 declared ineligible ( in the video posted earlier) but I never heard a # called eligible. As the defense was spread out to cover the 5 receiver set, New England and the clam cheatriots passed to a wide open LT, exactly how the play was designed.

A genius guise and the way in which a tradition of football is meant to be played; a lot more changes are coming to the NFL. This set precedent for a whole new way to play the game.

I love it, pass happy football.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

safety school

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A forward pass to an offensive lineman was not illegal until 1951. Rules change and people discover loopholes and exceptions and tactics to exploit existing rules. Belichik and the Pats did nothing illegal here. They exploited a rarely used formation in a hurry up offense and profited as a result. Moving forward defenses will adapt very quickly to the tactic and it will become a non-issue. The Ravens screwed up by not calling a time out. Once Harbaugh realized that something new and strange was happening he should have called time out.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Good for BB exploiting something that would give his team the advantage. Well within the rules, not cheating at all. He just seems to be a couple steps ahead of most of the NFL.

7. New England Patriots

Unfortunately for you, the precedent was set not only in the NFL, but college football as well. Nice try, Mr. Eliot would be proud of you!

8. JetsVilma28

So far we have not seen another team in the NFL run the formation that was used on Saturday. Lions ran a similar formation, but "not a carbon copy". So far this would be setting the precedent. Designed play to look like a 5 receiver set, spread the defense out and then pass to a Tackle based on some technicality favored by Saturday's NFL Officiating crew.

Tackle/Guard/Center/Guard/Tackle (the Old NFL)
    Tackle/Guard/Center/Guard/Wide Receiver/Tackle (BBs New League) This is the way the game was meant to be played.

College football is not NFL football, cheers Mr. Sulu.

9. New England Patriots

That technicality happens to be the rules. In the words of Brady, maybe you should read the rule book. By definition, they were the way the game was meant to be played.

10. JetsVilma28

American Professional Football is nearing 100 years old. Your favorite team is the only stain on the legacy.

Tackle/Guard/Center/Guard/Tackle

WR/Tackle/Guard/Center/Guard _________WR ________________/Tackle

Way to change the entire layout of the game, you don't see it yet; but a big change just happened on Saturday.

#150 JetsVilma28, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  11. New England Patriots

I know, Mr. Eliot. We get that you don't like the curve.

12. JetsVilma28

Place the knight inside the bishop, it's all good mr sulu.

13. jetsfan06

jetsfan06 Member

Stop saying this. It just makes you look dumb.

There is no set way to play the game. The goal of the game is to win and most teams will throw anything other there to win the damn game.

As long as it is allowed by the rule book, then yes it is the damn way the game as meant to be played...at least in 2015.

14. JetsVilma28

Tackle/guard/center/guard/tackle

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

game is on NFL replay right now.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Man, you must get super pissed any time a team runs a tackles over formation where it goes: TE/G/C/G/T/T.

Oh man, a team split out a tightend to a WR position. Cheating!

17. New England Patriots

Might want to start outlawing the victory formation and the punt formation. Damn receivers lining up a foot behind the line in between the tackle and the guard. He's pretty much delusional.

18. JetsVilma28

Show me one where the wide receiver is split out inside the tackle.

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Show me in the rules where it says you have to.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  20. New England Patriots

The game has been forever changed due to the events of January 10, 2015... Believe me, it's coming...

JetsVilma28 likes this.