Patriots cheat again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If they had time to identify the eligible players I have no problem with the play. My apologies it was my understanding watching the game that they were running hurry up. In regards to Rex if he did something shady I would call him on it and its one of the reasons I brought up Mangini's cheating against the Colts as it does not matter who plays fast and loose with the rules whether its a Jet or a Pat it is still wrong.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  2. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

Not trying to beat a dead horse with our discussion but Field Yates dug this up while I was working:

[​IMG]

The only difference to what we were discussing now is that there is a receiver in the slot inside of the Left Tackle instead of Right Tackle.

And the description of the play:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england...ther-nfl-team-used-four-offensive-linemen-set

After reading they did it with a 6 OL set instead of 4, but the concept is the same. I'm still waiting to see details about the set the Jags used which I read was 4 OL.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This is next generation NFL. 1st downs will be 20yds pretty soon.

4. JetsVilma28

How can any defense cover that in 7 seconds?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This is an absolutely silly post. It isn't a player or coaches job to do the officials job. If the officials didn't give the ravens enough time that's on the officials the same as it's not a players job if he gets away with a hold or pass interference to demand a penalty to play with integrity.

No player or coach does such a thing, so no team plays with integrity; you are simply criticizing this but ignoring those other scenarios. So if no team plays with integrity your righteousness in this situation is pure nonsense.

6. strngplyr

I'm sure if it wouldn't require new stadiums for every team Goodell would mandate CFL sized fields and defense plays with 10, offense with 12.

And he'd shorten the 1st down length to insure offenses stay on the field better and score more points.

7. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

I think if it hadn't been Belichick and the Patriots, the thread wouldn't have stretched to seven pages.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, it takes a mensa candidate defensive signal caller to yell "don't cover 34, 47 is eligible.

Every decent QB has to read the disguised defenses. Is it a dirty trick to have defensive lineman drop back into pass coverage? I mean they are lined up on the line. They should have to rush the passer!

You're gonna say, well that happens all the time. But it didn't 10 years ago. Somebody came up with the strategy to deceive the offense. All innovations are cheap deceptions according to you.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Of course not, because if that were the case, we wouldn't have all you idiot Patriots fans responding over and over to the nonsense from the same knucklehead.

10. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

Is this your new line now that you can regurgitate the same "we haven't seen this in the NFL" line.

I'm guessing this will result in a rule change similar to the substitution rule.

11. JetsVilma28

No way boogie, this is the way football was meant to be played.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Hopefully our new coach wants to play with integrity and gets rid of all of those deceptive and unsportsmanlike plays meant to deceive and confuse defenses like play action passes, pump fakes and hard counts.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Would you settle for one that just ditches the fucking wildcat forever?

JetBlue likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

So you are a Doug Marrone supporter?

strngplyr and JetBlue like this.
  15. jetsfan06

jetsfan06 Member

I know you are being sarcastic, you are are damn right it is the way the game was meant to be played.

Win at all damn costs. I wish the Jets did this kind of stuff.

16. jetsfan06

jetsfan06 Member

The offenses job is to report their player as ineligible, the refs job is to announce it. Both their responsibilities to the defense end after those things happen.

Anything else is the defenses own responsibility. The offense has to run their players against a specific time frame, sometimes the defense does too. After the first play which was pretty harmless and ended with like a 14 yard gain but only got the Pats to their own 45ish yard line, if the Ravens were having issues they should have called timeout. Period. The responsibility didn't fall on the refs or the Pats.

Harbaugh just got schooled.

17. JetsVilma28

Boob

18. strngplyr

I agree. When they saw what looked like the left tackle run down the seam and catch a pass completely uncovered and soon saw a similar formation they should have called a TO.

After using the TO there is no less than a 100% chance that formation wouldn't be used out of the break, but they'd have had a chance to discuss what to do once they see it again, all but knowing for a fact it will happen again, and probably soon.

I'm also not expecting to see this formation again in the AFCCG and would only expect to see it used again this season if they are in desperation mode in the superbowl with an entirely new twist on it, this is the kind of formation that, like the wild cat, looks to be VERY easy to shut down if you know what you're looking for. The instant you overuse this formation it's completely dead. 3 plays in one drive was simply because the Raven's showed 0 ability to adapt to it. It's the kind of formation you use 3 times in a month and that's probably pushing it. Less is more with trick plays.

19. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

After reading this thread and watching you get schooled by Jets and Pats fans alike, it's clear that the above comment is about as much as you are able to intelligently contribute.

The fact that you keep posting means that you are aware of how little you have to offer and have no shame in being the one person that everyone is laughing at.

20. JetsVilma28

Riiight, preach. My contributions were far greater than the above babble, the shame is felt dearly lol

It was a brand new formation, the lions were the only other team to use it (this season) and all I got was a picture with no snap or motion.

No one has ever seen a slot receiver line up inside a tackle, it's a whole new way to play the game.

Schooled lol

#140 JetsVilma28, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015