Patriots cheat again

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 74, Jan 11, 2015.

1. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Thats what I think as well. If the Wells report is accurate and Brady lied to Belichick and tarnished the Patriots then Brady will be cutoff. "You had a great career kid, its now time to move on..."

2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I knew that Brady had cheated when a reporter directly asked Brady at the press conference if he was a cheater. Brady's response? A very slow " I...don't...think...so." You either are a cheater or you're not...kinda like being pregnant.

TNJet and 74 like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You're delusional if you think either is realistic. The only thing his teammates care about is that he won them a Super Bowl.

And why would Belichik turn on Brady rather than just let him take his punishment?

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not a chance.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the issue was much more serious. the NFL is under siege w/ all the concussion lawsuits, they had to take a stand against bounties even though they have gone on forever. once that info was public they had no choice.

this issue is nonsense, wouldn't even be discussed if it wasn't NE and their history of shadiness.

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The thing that annoys me is that those fuckers already have a great QB and really don't need to cheat but yet those assholes still must find a reason to fucking cheat.

Fuck them

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

ftr - this was Goodells explanation for Vilma's one year suspension

"In assessing player discipline," Goodell said in a statement, "I focused on players who were in leadership positions at the Saints; contributed a particularly large sum of money toward the program; specifically contributed to a bounty on an opposing player; demonstrated a clear intent to participate in a program that potentially injured opposing players; sought rewards for doing so; and/or obstructed the 2010 investigation."

hmmm

74 and Axel3419 like this.
  8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And Arod is still the best player in baseball even if he never took PEDs in his life but what good did it do him? There needs to be the same example made here.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think that the bounty stuff is less minor than this because like you said it has been going on forever, they cheated and tried to cover it up

10. Don

Probably why Goodell gave this to Troy Vincent to handle with instructions to do nothing.

11. nyjunc

the bounty stuff has to do w/ player safety which is the #1 PR piece the NFL has now. they have to pretend they care about player safety w/ all the lawsuits.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The argument that bounties are more serious than cheating and wouldn't warrant the same punishment is certainly a reasonable argument, but if the league sees otherwise than Belichick's and the team's ignorance would not be a defense so the argument to that point still stands at this point.

13. nyjunc

I understand your point but I don't see a year suspension for any involved. Brady clearly lied and they don't like lying but he is the face of the NFL(and BB the face of coaching), I just wonder what the punishment will be for him?

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

so, the real entertainment is, what's the spin on this over at the patsfan.homo forum?

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

They will just quote Kraft and say there was no "HARDCORE evidence"

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

The reason I don't see it as a big deal is that having the balls deflated isn't some true advantage. This becomes obvious when you see Luck and A-rod preferring them higher. Sure it is a rules violation but not like using stickem or steroids

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm not saying it isn't important but I also remember growing up to watch the NFL romanticize the big hit, I still remember all of the greatest hit videos of years past and even recently with the Jacked Up segments on NFL countdown. There has never been a time where cheating is tolerated.

18. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

They're saying the report makes no for certain statements and therefore no punishments are warranted.

19. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

The Pats fumble rate at home is alarmingly lower then their opponents.
    Cheaters. Period.

20. Don

Sure it's an advantage if your hand is slightly smaller or you get better leverage when it is slightly deflated. It's a HUGE advantage and that's why there has to be an equally HUGH penalty especially since the report indicates it went on at least all of 2014 which is all they investigated.