Patriots at Chargers Game Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by EcKo151, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You take the knee there. If it was so important, he could have played earlier in the game for a series in the red zone. He could have played in the Houston game. He could have played in the 4th quarter when they were getting dumped on by the Dolphins.

It doesn't matter how the Patriots scored a touchdown. The proper thing to do in the NFL is to take a knee in that situation.

2. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

As Herm Edwards will tell you, "You play to win the game." Vinny played to win the game. The Titans can't look past the game? They can't look past the fact that it will be the last touchdown he's ever thrown. C'mon.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You just don't get it. I'm assuming you are trolling and simply being an asshole.

When your spaceship lands, we'll talk.

4. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

I'm not being an asshole I don't think. I don't understand why giving a guy "a last shot" is being unclassy...

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Looks like you are trolling to me. I just don't see how anyone can defend what the Patriots did at the end of that game. Some of the stuff you are saying is just weird.

6. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

What has been weird? I don't think the Patriots did anything wrong. They gave an NFL veteran a chance to say goodbye. If that is unclassy, than football needs to "toughen up."

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I see this is getting nowhere.
    You will defend the Patriots at all costs. You can be critical sometimes, you know.

This is not about Testaverde and some meaningless record. By the way, it is not even in the league's official record book. Its not even a real record. It's more like a tidbit.

This is about running up the score and displaying very poor sportsmanship.

8. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

I'm not talking about the record. I didn't even know that it existed. I'm talking about just giving him a last hoorah. He deserves it. I can be critical when they deserve criticism, like not taking Adam V. or Deion Branch seriously in negotiations, for instance. But, in this case, I don't can't place criticism on them. They didn't do anything wrong.

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Here's what I think happened. I think you were watching that game (possibly watching, maybe just reading the box score afterwards) and saw that Vinny threw that TD and you were really happy, even though the Pats were needlessly running up the score. Then, after the fact, it came to your attention that Vinny was accumulating some sort of record. You can use whatever justification you want. The fact remains - they were running up the score and you didn't care.

10. InBillWeTrust

InBillWeTrust New Member

I watched the entire game including the Harrison block. I must have missed the record Vinny was going for if the announcers did say something about it. I will admit that the Pats didn't need that touchdown, and I never said that they did. I did say that it is not unclassy to give Vinny the chance to throw that touchdown given it's really his last chance in his career for all we know.

11. Vin

Vin Banned

Now 20 STRAIGHT SEASONS.